View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #38
Silverexpress01
Registered Users

Default For newbie SK-720 Flybarless pilots and wannabees

Hello,

In using simulators all Winter here are some Real Flight variant models I conjured up. Real Flight has AFS (automatic flight stabilization) gyros that behave similarly to the accelerometers in the SK-720.

See the description in the model for the list of parameters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are currently two files attached:

1. Dominion 3D 90 - FBL_Beginners_v3-3_AV.zip
Version 3-3:
- Normal mode is setup with low rates and Expo. Great for hovering and orientation practice.
-Swapped out Ch.5 2 pos switch from Tail Gyro control to Self Leveling Upright control
-Ch.5 switch now allows you to turn on and off Self Leveling with a flip of a switch. Allows you to use the SL as a bailout when gain is set high.
- 2 Pos. Channel 5 Up=Self Leveling Upright ON
Dn= Self Leveling Upright OFF
- Ch.6 Knob adjusts the Self Leveling gain on the fly.
(Hi)100<=Left Right=>0(off)
-Expo and lower rates on Heli when in Normal and Stunt mode 1.

-V3.3 Fixes the Knob function. Was not working. Also cleaned up the Software Radio channels in the Edit model menu.
-This is the last and final version update (Yes, I'm a perfectionist). If there are any other issues, please PM me.
-If you'd like to change the Expos, and Rates, just go to the channel in the Software Radio section of the models editor, and change the values there. You should only be concerned with three channels...

Channel 1 = aileron
Channel 2 = elevator
Channel 4 = rudder

I've also re-labeled the throttle and pitch curves under channel 3 and channel 6 respectively. Feel free to change the points to suit your flying style. If there are not enough points, use the "resample" box to add more. Goodluck! Oh, and there is more to come.....

-Setup with ch.6 Knob not supported by SK-720

2. Dominion 3D 90 - FBL_Inverted Trainer_v3-2_AV.zip
Version 3-2:
- Normal mode is setup with low rates and Expo. Great for hovering and orientation practice.
-Swapped out Ch.5 2 pos switch from Tail Gyro control to Self Leveling Inverted control
-Ch.5 switch now allows you to turn on and off Self Leveling with a flip of a switch.
- 2 Pos. Channel 5 Up=Self Leveling Inverted ON
Dn= Self Leveling Inverted OFF
- Ch.6 Knob adjusts the Self Leveling gain on the fly.
(Hi)100<=Left Right=>0(off)
-Expo on tail in all modes, and low Dual Rates when in Normal and Stunt mode 1.

-Inverted Self Leveling not in SK-720. This is a "what if" scenerio

3. FBL_MD500E_v1-1_AV.zip
Version 1-1:
- Added cyclic gyros to simulate a Flybarless controller
-Now has no more tendency to pitch upwards in FF.
-Also has Upright Self Leveling via Ch.5
Ch.5 Self Leveling: UP = ON; Down = OFF
-Channel 6 Knob controls the gain of the Self Leveling.
-Had to increase overall Pitch range of Collective and Cyclic to accomodate the Gyro's range of compensation. Because of this you can invert this heli (I know it's not scale, but it's how the algorithms in the Gyros require minimum deg of pitch).
-Make sure you compare this to the Real Flight non-FBL version to feel the difference in flight control dynamics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to match the SK-720 advance options (parameters) to the list of gyro adjustments in Real Flight. Here is what I came up with so far:

Real Flight.................................................. .......SK-720
Rotation Rate (Deg/Sec).................................Control Rates (Deg/Sec)
Rotational Acceleration (Deg/Sec^2).................. Bell Gains (Deg/Sec^2)
Heading Hold Gain........................................... Hiller Gain
Rate Gain.............................................. ......... Damping Gain
AFS Gyro Master Gain.................................. Self Leveling
Heading Hold Mix.......................................... Hiller Decay?

The values are not 1 to 1, but the functions appear to work similarly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A video of Self-Leveling as a bailout in action from Skint Eastwood, and in this instance it is being used to turn the heli upright:

Attached Files
File Type: zip Dominion 3D 90 - FBL_Inverted Trainer_v3-2_AV.zip (37.2 KB, 115 views)
File Type: zip FBL_MD500E_v1-1_AV.zip (41.6 KB, 215 views)
File Type: pdf SK-720 Parameters.pdf (252.2 KB, 422 views)
File Type: zip Dominion 3D 90 - FBL_Beginners_v3-3_AV.zip (37.7 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by Silverexpress01; 03-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: One of the things I like about my SK's - they make sense.
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote