Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here

Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here Post Here For Items You Want To Buy

Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
GunnyGlow
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Do not buy something through paypal as a gift...

WARNING
Just FYI....b/c I see alot of people here asking to be paid via the Paypal "gift" option.

Why would you pay for something and mark it as "Gift"?? Well, most times the seller will ask you to do this. It saves him/her from having to pay the paypal fee.

Why should you NOT pay as a "gift"?? B/C as a buyer you have NO protection from a scam. So..they could send you a box of rocks or nothing at all and paypal won't give a rip. You marked it as a gift...remember??
/WARNING

RANT
It's kind of annoying when cheapskates ask you to pay their fee, too. Which is why the gift thing is popular. Pay the frickin couple of dollars for paypals fee if you're selling something. And don't ask for that crap(the fee) in your for sale ad. If you want $100 for your toy and $3 to cover the fee....then ask for $103!!! Why in the HELL would I pay YOUR fee??
/RANT
GunnyGlow is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Skint Eastwood

Most people just add the expected fee to the postage costs!
Skint Eastwood is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
MTDV
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow View Post
Why should you NOT pay as a "gift"?? B/C as a buyer you have NO protection from a scam. So..they could send you a box of rocks or nothing at all and paypal won't give a rip. You marked it as a gift...remember??
Unless your seller does not send anything to you, but if he sent you something that is "not as described" item, Paypal will not protect you either unless your purchased item coming from Ebay. I've been there, and here it is http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1103950
MTDV is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
imq707s
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Also...for those of you who add an extra fee to your item to cover the PayPal fee....if someone reports to paypal that you tried to charge them extra to cover YOUR fee...PayPal will drop you in a heartbeat.
imq707s is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
ginnz
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeh, this whole paypal thing is outta hand. i dont mind paying them a couple bucks fee for anything. it really doesnt make,nor break the bank!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 AM   #6
mundo330
Registered Users

Default This is a service!

Paypal is a service, you offer a product or service and you get paid. You want to get your money safely and quickly and paypal offers that. You can take Credit cards through Paypal, a convenience. This is a service and paypal deserves to get paid for it. I hate those that take advantage of this and try to get away without paying. I agree that if you need more to cover YOUR expenses raise your bottom line! Paypal is a cost of doing business!
Doug S
mundo330 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
Bob O
HF Support

My HF Map location

I've always followed the PP rules and never had a problem. Whenever I sell something, I always send a PP invoice to the buyer, but that's just me.
OmG servos
Futaba 14SG
Bob O is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
shaggybirdman
Registered Users

Quote:

RANT
It's kind of annoying when cheapskates ask you to pay their fee, too. Which is why the gift thing is popular. Pay the frickin couple of dollars for paypals fee if you're selling something. And don't ask for that crap(the fee) in your for sale ad. If you want $100 for your toy and $3 to cover the fee....then ask for $103!!! Why in the HELL would I pay YOUR fee??
/RANT
in your above rant. if you pay $103 you did just pay there fee.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
GunnyGlow
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggybirdman View Post
in your above rant. if you pay $103 you did just pay there fee.
Their??

You should maybe read it again........I think you misunderstood why I, as a buyer, would be paying the $103. If you ask for $103 and I agree to it...well, there isn't a problem. You get $100...paypal gets their cut....and I get my merchandise. Yay happy good times.....

The fees are charged to the seller. Not the buyer.
As a buyer, why would I want to pay the sellers fees??
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
shaggybirdman
Registered Users

i understand, and agree that the buyer should not pay his fee, BUT you said you have no problem paying $103 over the $100 plus his fee of $3. granted it's different when he says $100 plus $3 fees vs just $103 shipped. no matter how ya look at it the buyer is always paying the fees no matter what the end price is, and no matter how the seller prices his item. that is unless the seller says plus pay pal fees.

my objection to paying as a gift is you just gave up all protection on your cash threw pay pal. i'd bet it's way more work trying to get your money back threw your credit card company.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
ChasHeliCop
HF Support

My HF Map location

FROM PAYPAL VIOLATION
4. Receiving Money.

4.1 Receiving Personal Payments.

If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

HELI-FREAK, You couldn't have picked a better place to land !
ChasHeliCop is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
shaggybirdman
Registered Users

that's all well and good for evil bay item, but we are talking about buying something here. i don't think we should pay for there fees.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
Rob_acdgsdetc
Registered Users

on a notsounrelated note. It's a good idea to mail your package to the address that is given by the paypal payer. And make sure your buyer knows that's where it's going. Sometimes people without paypal accounts get a friend to pay and then pay the friend. But if you send it to an address different than the one on pay pal, the payer can simply dispute never getting the package 'cause ya mailed it to the "wrong" address.
Rob_acdgsdetc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
Nito
Registered Users

i would say, dont use paypal at all, they are a complete mess, and do not sort under any financial laws at all and can do as they please, they owed me about $2000 for 4 months without NO reason, before i got it back it NO legitime explanation of why the withdrown it from me.
-and if they only withdrown it from me, it would be, not ok but still ok, but they took the money from the people i have been dealing with!!
-so if you got money from a person and they for what ever reason deside to reverse that payment, YOU are stucked with a negative balance on your account for money you can have got to your account LONG time ago.
im no longer Paypal verfied, im Paypal TERRIFIED!
i have learned that a majority of the ppl. acting on PP is American and i have learned that you have a very antique bank system compared to Europe, but i hope you get it like us ASAP, i can transfer money to a seller from my bank, and the recipient will have inte in 1 sek. free of charge.
Nito is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #15
Fetish636
Registered Users

Default Good HF tradeer report!

I very new to HF and i am buying a blade from another member i was wondering about a good trader or something along that line i see a bad member and scammer aera but nothing for good people, Or i haven't run across it at this point! I am new AND honest trader just trying to get something posted on the site! Thanks Much Mark, Blaine MN
Fetish636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
GunnyGlow
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetish636 View Post
I very new to HF and i am buying a blade from another member i was wondering about a good trader or something along that line i see a bad member and scammer aera but nothing for good people, Or i haven't run across it at this point! I am new AND honest trader just trying to get something posted on the site! Thanks Much Mark, Blaine MN
HF just recently introduced a trader rating system similar to alot of other sites. It is located in each members "public profile". Just click on their username and the first tab is the feedback score tab.

"ratings" are great and all....but it's always a good idea to research someones posts and 'history' not only here, at HF, but elsewhere. RCG....RCU....RR....etc etc Thats usually the best way to get a feel for who you're dealing with.

Anyways..welcome to HF!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
Fetish636
Registered Users

Ok thank you very much!!
Fetish636 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
jondabear
Registered Users

Simple equation to this . for me......I ask for what I NEED outta the sale. Never ask for or Vocalize what I WANT. ANY businessman will read between the lines and know what Im talking about. Keep it honest and it works. PEACE!
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #19
PHeMoX
Registered Users

Quote:
Why complain about a lousy 3 dollars extra? Assuming you're not getting scammed, I'm perfectly fine with a $3 fee for Paypal. Most of the time I'd add such costs to shipping costs and be done with it.

A bigger nuisance for me tends to be the shipping costs that sometimes seems incredibly random, too high and different to what other companies charge.

The 'profit' margin on shipping costs for a company you buy products from really should be zero in my opinion.
PHeMoX is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #20
GunnyGlow
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRRider View Post
He purchased it for the wrong year motorcycle. Yes, I did list it again because it was being shipped back to me in a timely fashion. When the auction ended the second time, the buyer was demanding a tracking number right away. So yes, I did list it again before I had it back in my hands. The first guy to buy it drove out to pick it up along with other parts. We knew each other from an online forum. We're both honest people. I think I know where you are going with this. The second transaction would have gone fine if the guy wasnt so demanding. I had a near perfect feedback rating. He had no reason to think I would try to screw him. Obviously he was the one trying to be shady.
I would have been a little concerned that the first buyer, or the courier, might damage the item. Then, you get it back and have to explain to the second buyer the issue.
Lesson learned though...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHeMoX View Post
Why complain about a lousy 3 dollars extra? Assuming you're not getting scammed, I'm perfectly fine with a $3 fee for Paypal. Most of the time I'd add such costs to shipping costs and be done with it.

A bigger nuisance for me tends to be the shipping costs that sometimes seems incredibly random, too high and different to what other companies charge.

The 'profit' margin on shipping costs for a company you buy products from really should be zero in my opinion.
So, is it safe to assume that anytime you use your CC it is ok for the person operating the POS machine to charge you the transaction fee? If so, that is ok.
But, I disagree with that practice. Especially considering that, much like Paypal, the person operating the POS machine agrees to certain terms.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here

Want To Buy - All WTB Threads go here Post Here For Items You Want To Buy