Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

Old 03-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
killernilsen
Registered Users

Question Honey Bee cp3 Tail got superspeed

Hello i bought a Honey bee cp3 RxR, i connected the reciver and using the trasnmitter for Belt CP v2. i took some googling to find out how to place the cables to the reciver properly, we had some problems there we only got 2 out of 3 arms to move on the original setup. now the swash plate work like it should but the tail is out of controll, when i turn right i get superspeed and spinns 3-7 turns and when i turn left it hardly moves, i have to move the stick all the way to the left and it barly stops.

My friend bought one aswell he has the same problem, the tail stops when he stops turning. but he gets superspeed to the right, and it barly turn to the left at full turn.

any ideas?

we have tried 7 difrent recivers the 6ch 2.4gz 3x (EK2-0426) and 4x (EK2-0424) we use the same Transmitter 2.4gz EK2-0406J-2 | 000989 - Esky 6ch 2.4ghz Transmitter (mode 2)

Thanks for Reading and helping

killernilsen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
killernilsen
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Question Honey Bee cp3 Tail got superspeed

Hello i bought a Honey bee cp3 RxR, i connected the reciver and using the trasnmitter for Belt CP v2. i took some googling to find out how to place the cables to the reciver properly, we had some problems there we only got 2 out of 3 arms to move on the original setup. now the swash plate work like it should but the tail is out of controll, when i turn right i get superspeed and spinns 3-7 turns and when i turn left it hardly moves, i have to move the stick all the way to the left and it barly stops.

My friend bought one aswell he has the same problem, the tail stops when he stops turning. but he gets superspeed to the right, and it barly turn to the left at full turn.

any ideas?

we have tried 7 difrent recivers the 6ch 2.4gz 3x (EK2-0426) and 4x (EK2-0424) we use the same Transmitter 2.4gz EK2-0406J-2 | 000989 - Esky 6ch 2.4ghz Transmitter (mode 2)

Thanks for Reading and helping

Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
Nemisis69
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like you don't have the end points set right on the tail. Observe how much pitch your tail grips have and adjust. Should have the same in both direction
Old 03-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
killernilsen
Registered Users

Question

we have been trying since friday, i have no idea how to set the tail endpint.
when moving the tail left it barly stops. when i barly turn right it get superspeed and spins around. it feels like left -2 power and right + 50 power..
it is driving me and my frind nuts,
Thanks in advance
Old 03-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
killernilsen
Registered Users

Question

Here is a picture of my controller http://www.thinkrc.com/images/produc...k2-0406j-2.jpg

but the strange ting i just notised is when i Trohttle the blades lose tracking and i have to use the hover.pit to fix the blade traking. so i have to move hov.pit and trothttle at the same time to keep the blade traking.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
praetorious
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I remember correctly, the Honeybee is something like the Blade CP, and has a tail motor, so there won't be any blade grips or endpoints to adjust(esp not on that radio).

When you give it rudder in one direction, it should rotate quickly to that side. When you give it opposite rudder, the tail motor will slow down and even stop, as the machine is using the reaction torque from the main rotors to rotate. If that is a the tail motor version, then the behavior you described is correct, and there are no problems.

The only thing you need to check is that your gyro and tail are turning in the right direction and I think you'll be fine tail wise, I can't give specifics because i don't know the model and the main rotor rotation direction, etc.

B.R.
Amit
DX7
praetorious is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
killernilsen
Registered Users

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorious View Post
If I remember correctly, the Honeybee is something like the Blade CP, and has a tail motor, so there won't be any blade grips or endpoints to adjust(esp not on that radio).
yea ther are no blade grips here is a link to my heli
http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/RC-Helico...-CP3/p-70-125/

Quote:
When you give it rudder in one direction, it should rotate quickly to that side. When you give it opposite rudder, the tail motor will slow down and even stop, as the machine is using the reaction torque from the main rotors to rotate. If that is a the tail motor version, then the behavior you described is correct, and there are no problems.
arlgiht but i can barly tutch to the right but full left. and i have to turn on hov.pit at the same time as throttle to keep the blade traking.

Quote:
The only thing you need to check is that your gyro and tail are turning in the right direction and I think you'll be fine tail wise, I can't give specifics because i don't know the model and the main rotor rotation direction, etc.

B.R.
Amit
The Rotor blades are rotating clockwice so dose the rotor blade .
Thanks agian
Old 04-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #8
Rotteknekten
Registered Users

Hi This is our receiver setup :
1-pitch
2-ele
6-ail
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333329754979.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	304117   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333329775290.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	304118   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1333329791700.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	304119  
Rotteknekten is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
praetorious
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any progress? I've not abandoned you. Just very busy and will be for the next two weeks. I take it your machine is the one on the right side of the page. I can't quite make out the channel assignments, but It looks like it should be:
1-AIL
2-ELE
3- THR
4-RUD
5-GAIN
6-Pitch

Which are the assignments I had posted but you said they didn't work

Are your cables from the 3 in 1 in the the right channels?
Try the manuals setup and fool with the reversing switches perhaps.
If that doesn't work, I would say to go back to the assignments that you had in your video and just mess around with the reversing switch.
I can't tell from your photos which servos are in which port, don't take it the wrong way, just need to make sure that what's the elevator servo is the elevator servo and so forth.

This is very odd, because the manual should be correct, and the channel assignments are pretty standard.

B.R.
Amit
DX7
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
killernilsen
Registered Users

Hello and thanks for the answers we aculy found out the problem. the belt cp v2 use the pitch uppward, but the Honey bee`s goes down . and we did use the belt controle so we had to flip the whole head so we get posetiv pitch uppwards witch is manual revers of the swash mitch. the wole problem was becuse of the controles that we did use. belt and honey bee controles are difrent the swash mix gose difrent ways.
but thanks agian for helping out now thy fly like a propper bee whit flipped head hehe.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
praetorious
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ahhh, that's interesting. Good that you've got it working now. Flipping the grips was another way to go.
Have you also tried using a sim? It will save a lot of money as you're learning. You can try Heli-X, it's free. Once you can hover in the sim, grab your training gear and RADD's and start flying.

B.R.
Amit
DX7

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3