Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
trex450uk
Registered Users

Default Any "Cheaper" 6 cell chargers

Whats around that will charge 6cell lipos', or is it an idea to charge 2 x 3 cells packs and wire together?
trex450uk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
dodgey
Registered Users

I use an Astro 109 which I consider cheap. There are plenty of others - but I can only recommend what I've actually used.

You can wire your 3s packs in parallel with a home made lead and charge as 3s but with double the Mah capacity. Problem is - you will need to make sure you run them both down to a similar level before charging which is easier said than done. It only takes 10 or 20 seconds towards the end of a pack to use up 100's of Mahs.

If however you are taking 2 x 3s packs and using them to fly in series (6s). They should usually end up in the same state of discharge. I fly my logo like this - 2 packs of 4s in series and I charge them in series. Thing is they are 4s4p packs so they can handle being charged together a lot better as we are talking about 32 individual cells in total so there is the capacity for them to "help" each other a fair bit.
dodgey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:54 AM   #3
stevehonn
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm using the new Robbe Pro Peak Fun charger which is around 68 and charges up to 6S and currents up to 6.5A. It also charges nicads & nimhs, unlike the Astro 109 which I also have so is handy for charging transmitter packs & receiver packs.
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.