Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Blayd
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just to keep these threads alive....

Flying my HC500 yesterday...man that thing is a blast. Faster then my Trex's, and turns on a dime. Literally.. I can throw that thing it a steep bank, nose down and almost change directions on a dime. Scary as hell.. but alot of fun. Of my three 500's.. thing thing is my best flying bird in the lot. Still a little more aggressive then my others.. but I've gotten used to its handling and love watching it haul A## in a low altitude pass....FAST. Picture to come in a bit.....

Oh and Paul....notice the inventory drop at HD??

Align 600 landing gear
Scorpion 1400kv
Spartan DS760
Hitec HS-5245 cyclics
Futaba 5792S Tail
CC100a ESC.
KBDD paddles and tail blades
Turnigy CF 425mm
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
60something
Registered Users

I take it you're buying them out again?( also sounds like you're getting the head figured out...) I'm good for a bit (on parts). I must confess I've haven't done much heli of any kind for a couple of months, which is normal for me. Explains why I'm not an especially good heli pilot probably On again, off again. I also have a huge (HUGE) investment in film camera equipment, ( I shoot from "pinhole to 8x10" on film) and I'm resurrecting some of that to get some use out of it before digital completely kills it. So, spending money at the moment on camera equipment, including a new digital camera body. This hobby sh*t never ends. One thing's for certain, I will never die rich...
Old 05-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Blayd
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60something View Post
One thing's for certain, I will never die rich...
You and me both.....
Yeah, I bought up they're parts again. Guess I need to start crashing it to use some of them...
Yep, its flying really well...not really completely sure I have things figured out, but I do know I have the tail dialed in really nice right now, so I usually go from some long figure 8's to very tight 8's smooth as silk. No long range flying in FF yet....the HC500 is mostly black and it's really easy to loose orientation when its away from me...right now, I rely on muscle and input memory to keep it moving right. But if I stall it in the middle of a turn when its away from me... I'm sudenly in a game of imputs trying to figure its tilt before it hits the ground...so yeah, I dont let it get too far from me....
Photography is expensive stuff....I took a few classes back in colege.. but never had the money to do it justice.
Hope you get some time to buzz around....you know you miss it.. even when you dont know you do....
Old 05-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Blayd
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Oh and, HD finally took the HDX line off the "Kits" menu. Loks like theyre gone. The HDX line is still in the parts menu.. so I guess until stock runs out of the parts...
Long live the HC500!! Mines a rocket!!!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum