Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up, I will never buy anything from this guy. All his response did was hurt his case. He is clearly selling used items as new... and has zero remorse doing it. He will be out of business soon.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
I am sure your sales are up but unfortunately since you threatened me you are no longer welcome here. Sorry Ted.

BURN!!!!!!
irishmatt18 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ted seems pretty upset about a thread that has provided him with a "large increase in sales".

Last edited by Redlight11; 04-26-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Redlight11 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey GG07 sorry to hear about your experience. I have used Double TT RC twice and I can confirm that he does NOT sell "Brand NEW parts" So here is my story, i am actually local to this guy he is located maybe 30-40 min away from me. I called him up because i found him through craigslist under heli parts in my area and the first thing that set me off was that his adds resembled those sketchy eBay pages, but i was just starting out and figured what the heck. Because his was nearby i decided to give him a call and asked him if i could stop by his "Store" which he told me that his business is online only. Then when i asked him where he was located so i can come by he seemed a bit hesitant. When i got there to pick up my parts the product was already out of the original bags and came in a zip-lock bag or sandwich baggies lol. I also ordered some parts from him again once more to give the guy a second chance but nothing about the experience improved. My mSR parts that i ordered were used and not new i was upset but just though to leave it alone and never do business with him again. I know for a fact he goes through the stuff and takes parts out of the packages. For example when you order blades they usually come with links or when you buy blade grips they come with screws or bushings he wanted to charge me for those as "extras", he also sells BNF models but keeps the chargers and batteries lol and to farther prove that he is a croock look on his website under Li-Po pack he is selling Turnigy 2200 mah for 52$ and 1s nano techs for 10$
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like he should be reported to the local police for fraud.

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I got my MCPx, the manual was in a ziploc bag and the box looked like it was well traveled.
Rodney Kirstine is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The problem I see is that the OP did not return all of the order and kept some of the hard to come by parts, then disputed ALL the charges on his credit card. Doing this is theft in my book. If you want a full refund, send back all the parts.

I would not buy a thing from the seller but the buyer is also not perfect in this case.
Jesus is Lord Happy Flying
AzChopp3r is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzChopp3r View Post
The problem I see is that the OP did not return all of the order and kept some of the hard to come by parts, then disputed ALL the charges on his credit card. Doing this is theft in my book. If you want a full refund, send back all the parts.

I would not buy a thing from the seller but the buyer is also not perfect in this case.
Did you miss this post by the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG07 View Post
Ooops! Sorry I didn't make myself clear about what I wanted refunded...
I only wanted the money back for the stuff I sent back, which was the majority of what was ordered. I was always very clear about that with this guy though, and I told him that the cost of mailing all the used stuff back with priority mail and insurance would more than cover the shipping costs for the 3 tiny items I had decided to keep which added up to $24.00 of the $260.00 I originally spent.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyComi View Post
Hey GG07 sorry to hear about your experience. I have used Double TT RC twice and I can confirm that he does NOT sell "Brand NEW parts" So here is my story, i am actually local to this guy he is located maybe 30-40 min away from me. I called him up because i found him through craigslist under heli parts in my area and the first thing that set me off was that his adds resembled those sketchy eBay pages, but i was just starting out and figured what the heck. Because his was nearby i decided to give him a call and asked him if i could stop by his "Store" which he told me that his business is online only. Then when i asked him where he was located so i can come by he seemed a bit hesitant. When i got there to pick up my parts the product was already out of the original bags and came in a zip-lock bag or sandwich baggies lol. I also ordered some parts from him again once more to give the guy a second chance but nothing about the experience improved. My mSR parts that i ordered were used and not new i was upset but just though to leave it alone and never do business with him again. I know for a fact he goes through the stuff and takes parts out of the packages. For example when you order blades they usually come with links or when you buy blade grips they come with screws or bushings he wanted to charge me for those as "extras", he also sells BNF models but keeps the chargers and batteries lol and to farther prove that he is a croock look on his website under Li-Po pack he is selling Turnigy 2200 mah for 52$ and 1s nano techs for 10$
now thats 3 people that hes done this too that we know of
Old 04-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Exactly what I read.

First:

"Needless to say, I returned the bulk of the parts, except a few hard to find items that although used, were not damaged to the point of being unusable unlike every single blade set I received. The seller was so incredibly rude and unreasonable it was a truly disturbing experience!

Just to cover all the bases I disputed all the charges with my credit card company and true to form, today I received some emails crediting me for the returned items MINUS a restocking fee! Can you believe that? This guy attempts to rip me off and then has the gall to attempt to charge me a fee for returning this garbage!

I am going ahead with my CC dispute to get all of my money back, and based on the huge hassle this turned into to save a couple of bucks I wanted to warn others to avoid this guy like the plague! "

Then:

"I only wanted the money back for the stuff I sent back, which was the majority of what was ordered. I was always very clear about that with this guy though, and I told him that the cost of mailing all the used stuff back with priority mail and insurance would more than cover the shipping costs for the 3 tiny items I had decided to keep which added up to $24.00 of the $260.00 I originally spent."

So the OP decided to take it upon himself to cover his shipping loss by keeping some of the items, then seeks full refund on his credit card. Thats just shady both these guys have issues.
Jesus is Lord Happy Flying
AzChopp3r is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Seller Beware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzChopp3r View Post
Exactly what I read.

First:

"Needless to say, I returned the bulk of the parts, except a few hard to find items that although used, were not damaged to the point of being unusable unlike every single blade set I received. The seller was so incredibly rude and unreasonable it was a truly disturbing experience!

Just to cover all the bases I disputed all the charges with my credit card company and true to form, today I received some emails crediting me for the returned items MINUS a restocking fee! Can you believe that? This guy attempts to rip me off and then has the gall to attempt to charge me a fee for returning this garbage!

I am going ahead with my CC dispute to get all of my money back, and based on the huge hassle this turned into to save a couple of bucks I wanted to warn others to avoid this guy like the plague! "

Then:

"I only wanted the money back for the stuff I sent back, which was the majority of what was ordered. I was always very clear about that with this guy though, and I told him that the cost of mailing all the used stuff back with priority mail and insurance would more than cover the shipping costs for the 3 tiny items I had decided to keep which added up to $24.00 of the $260.00 I originally spent."

So the OP decided to take it upon himself to cover his shipping loss by keeping some of the items, then seeks full refund on his credit card. Thats just shady both these guys have issues.

Hi.
I would have to say that the buyer here (Rick) seems to have made a fool of himself.

It is clear to me that Rick is the scammer. He demands full refunds whenever he has an issue with his finances and he keeps whatever he wants of the products. If he has a problem with getting his way (ripping you off) then this is the crap that he pulls and he has done this to a friend of mine who sells on e-bay... He threatens to leave bad feedback so the seller will give him his way. There are a lot of people in society that abuse sellers with this this option and Rick is just one of them that got caught here !!

I have personally dealt with doublettrc many times over a 10yr. period with 110% positive results.

This seller will bend over backwards to satisfy his buyers and I have been treated with the upmost respect and have experienced the best customer service with Ted than anywhere on the net !!

I have purchased full RTF Kits, BNF Kits & Direct Replacement Parts for a number of different e-flite helicopters and have NEVER received anything but Brand New Parts.

I even ordered the wrong parts one time and Ted sent out the parts that I meant to order on the same day that I called him. I received the parts before I had a chance to ship the wrong ones back and I apologized to Ted and he said don't worry about it, just go out and have fun !!

Ted is willing to work with you in any manner you need and has many items that are not listed, so be sure to check with him first.

Ted is all about helping R/C folks enjoy the hobby and would do anything possible to improve your experiences in R/C. He would NEVER knowingly send anyone used parts and then follow-up as Rick has stated. If Rick received anything that was not exceptable then I know from experience that Ted would have immedietly apologized & attempted to rectify the issue even if it meant sending replacements for anything that you where not happy with Free Of Charge. I know this man that well and he has treated a number of my friends just like this.

You will always receive your purchases at a discount and the shipping costs are very low compaired to anywhere else.

The customer service with double tt is impossible to beat, you can call Ted anytime and he is always available to discuss anything with you (Tech support Etc.) In fact I am sure that he would Love to hear from you concerning this rediculious matter.

This will conclude this issue for all you R/C folks out there an dbe sure to check with Ted anytime you need help or anything R/C...

Thank you Ted for all your service and keep up the good work as I know you will...

Just One Of Your Loyal Customers.... gtp00
gtp00 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Your first post on HF and it is to defend a potential scammer ?? Yeah that isn't fishing smelling at all.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I stand by what I wrote in this thread concerning Double TT and the condition of the helicopter I received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
Your first post on HF and it is to defend a potential scammer ?? Yeah that isn't fishing smelling at all.
Rodney Kirstine is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
I am sure your sales are up but unfortunately since you threatened me you are no longer welcome here. Sorry Ted.
BOSS,
Why banned the guy? He threatened you but so what - this is America ... Let hear both sides of the story. Btw, I do not know either guy
Toyrc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyrc View Post
BOSS,
Why banned the guy? He threatened you but so what - this is America ... Let hear both sides of the story. Btw, I do not know either guy
If you go into your neighbor's house and telling him his wife is fat, his kids are stupid and his furniture is ugly you will get the boot. Once you threaten the owner of the house you are no longer welcome, nor have any privileges. So many people have a misunderstanding of freedom of speech. You have the right to speak your mind and say what you want but we sure as heck don't have to help you do it. If you send some hate filled manifesto to a newspaper do they have to print it under some "freedom of speech" ?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #36 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp00 View Post
Hi.
I would have to say that the buyer here (Rick) seems to have made a fool of himself.

It is clear to me that Rick is the scammer. He demands full refunds whenever he has an issue with his finances and he keeps whatever he wants of the products. If he has a problem with getting his way (ripping you off) then this is the crap that he pulls and he has done this to a friend of mine who sells on e-bay... He threatens to leave bad feedback so the seller will give him his way. There are a lot of people in society that abuse sellers with this this option and Rick is just one of them that got caught here !!

I have personally dealt with doublettrc many times over a 10yr. period with 110% positive results.

This seller will bend over backwards to satisfy his buyers and I have been treated with the upmost respect and have experienced the best customer service with Ted than anywhere on the net !!

I have purchased full RTF Kits, BNF Kits & Direct Replacement Parts for a number of different e-flite helicopters and have NEVER received anything but Brand New Parts.

I even ordered the wrong parts one time and Ted sent out the parts that I meant to order on the same day that I called him. I received the parts before I had a chance to ship the wrong ones back and I apologized to Ted and he said don't worry about it, just go out and have fun !!

Ted is willing to work with you in any manner you need and has many items that are not listed, so be sure to check with him first.

Ted is all about helping R/C folks enjoy the hobby and would do anything possible to improve your experiences in R/C. He would NEVER knowingly send anyone used parts and then follow-up as Rick has stated. If Rick received anything that was not exceptable then I know from experience that Ted would have immedietly apologized & attempted to rectify the issue even if it meant sending replacements for anything that you where not happy with Free Of Charge. I know this man that well and he has treated a number of my friends just like this.

You will always receive your purchases at a discount and the shipping costs are very low compaired to anywhere else.

The customer service with double tt is impossible to beat, you can call Ted anytime and he is always available to discuss anything with you (Tech support Etc.) In fact I am sure that he would Love to hear from you concerning this rediculious matter.

This will conclude this issue for all you R/C folks out there an dbe sure to check with Ted anytime you need help or anything R/C...

Thank you Ted for all your service and keep up the good work as I know you will...

Just One Of Your Loyal Customers.... gtp00
Clone SHILL Account. Bye!

Other recognized logins for this user are:
  1. Ted Trembath
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #37 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyrc View Post
BOSS,
When someone threatens me with legal action they are no longer welcome here. Period. If you don't like it that is to bad. This is a private business.

76.74.157.113 : pbalvip00.moblyng.com
Post IP Addresses
Toyrc 76.74.157.113 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
wattmotor 76.74.157.113 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
Registration IP Addresses
Toyrc 76.74.157.113 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG07 View Post
I didn't think the language used would be appropriate to repost here on this forum.

And the personal insults and other unprofessional conduct I was subjected to was simply adding insult to injury, but it wasn't the reason I posted this thread. The blatant misrepresentation of the items being sold was. When a store or individual doing business on the web offers something for sale and claim that the item is "NEW" or "BRAND NEW", to anyone that has ever bought something online, that term generally means that the item is factory sealed, has never been used, has not been opened and removed from the retail packaging, or shows cosmetic or physical damage from previous use.

These blades and all the other parts I received had no retail packaging at all! They were loose and all jumbled together in a single plastic bag!

As I said in my opening remarks... The blade pairs I received looked far more worn and used than the blades I had planned to replace with these so called "BRAND NEW" parts.

Here are a few of photos of the "NEW" blade sets I received. Remember that on the website all of these parts include a description, the E-Flight part number and the statement "These are Brand New".

In addition to the scuffed and scratched blade tips, the leading edges on every single one of these blades had several nicks in them.

When was the last time you bought a NEW set of replacement blades that looked like these?

Exactly!

You got a lot of nerve coming back here with a shill clone account faking like you are not Ted. These photos coupled with your own bogus post faking like you are a third party should speak VOLUMES about you personally as well as how you run your business and treat your customers.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in