Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
rotor head33
Registered Users

Default first spool up

i have the total g on my fbl velocity (v1) what would y'all suggest to do just for that first time spool up to make sure no crazy vibes are going to kill me? unlike flybarred i can't just have faith in my build skills and spool her up and go crazy like normal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

velocity 50- Total G
rotor head33 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
pctomlin
Registered Users

The maiden of a FBL machine is no different than a FB. Anything can and will happen, as long as your attention to detail and setup are perfect it will go off without a hitch.
There are a couple of more pre-flight checks you will want to do with FBL. After initialization pick up the heli and make sure all stick inputs give correct swash and tail movement. Then pick up the heli, tilt the nose forward and ensure the swashplate is tilting back (trying to stay level), tilt the tail down to ensure the swash wants to tilt forward. Do the same side to side. As long as the swash is always tilting to try and remain level your flight corrections are set right. Very similar to setting up the tail gyro.
One thing I learned from my first FBL spool up is the heli does not like to remain on the ground spooled up like you can do with a FB heli, get it up into the air. The FBL unit will fight the skids on the ground trying to correct if it thinks it needs to make one. As you get some flights in with the FBL unit, time on ground before lift off becomes more comfortable because you have seen what is going on multiple times with the unit on the ground spooled up.
Rave Ballistic FSO - HKIII 4035-560, Ice HV160, Bec Pro, JR 8717s, Total G w/BL-9188
pctomlin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
rotor head33
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am aware of those tips and thanks for the response I guess I was just more confident with my race and heli command system since I flew it flybarred for quite some time and new there were no vibes whereas I'm just now building this velo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

velocity 50- Total G
rotor head33 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
pugdavey
Registered Users

I find it easier to spoolup with the fc gain at 0 then turn it on once in the air.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
pugdavey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
spike5150
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The TotalG has a feature that most FBL controllers don't. You want to make sure you are in "Decay Mode" while spooling up then you should be in "Trim Lock" when you are in the air/up to flight headspeed. This is a subset of gain on/off as both occur with gain on. Also, NEVER initialize the TG with the FC Gain off. This confuses the unit.

Jeremy
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support