Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #21
bwoollia
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbancs View Post
Has anyone ever worked out what these two parameters do?

Rsps: Sensor Response
The more the stabler, but weaker to vibration. Default value is 3.
LkGn: Lock Gain
The more the stabler, but too high may cause uncontrollable swing while a high gain set on transmitter. Default value is 3.
Rsps: Sensor makes the sensor virtually more responsive, which will make the gyro more accurate but sensitive to vibrations at the same time. If you've got the vibes sorted out in your machine, you can increase this. If you can't get the vibes fixed, lower it.

LkGn: Changes the PID parameter for lock gain. Not exactly sure how this works, my understanding is it increases the gain when you aren't putting rudder input in.

For most applications, you shouldn't need to mess with either of these.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flasher 500
HK-250GT
bwoollia is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #22
robbancs
Registered Users

Thanks. A while ago I tried changing those but I didn't know what to look for. I'll give it another try.
robbancs is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
bwoollia
Registered Users

Is there a problem you're trying to solve? Tail bounce? Wag?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Flasher 500
HK-250GT
bwoollia is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
robbancs
Registered Users

Yes. It doesn't hold well in fast backwards flight. Last week it blew out in a tail first dive. Good that I had altitude to recover. Other than that, in backward hurricanes it feels uncertain too. But maybe it's just my fingers that are uncertain

The way I like to test it is swing the heli: I don't know what it's called, bottom half of a sideways loop, and back. With the current settings, the tail gets behind a little bit. 10-20 degrees if I fly fast enough.

I know there are limits anyway but for some reason I think it could perform better than this. I'll also work on the tail mechanics next month when I'll have money to spend again. I have some slop here and there. I'll replace the Tarot grips with Align, and I'll try the gsun dual arm pitch assembly. But it's beyond the scope of this thread.

Tonight I flew one pack, and I was experimenting with the Response setting. On 4 and 5 my tail was slowly wandering randomly. On 3 it was kind of alright but I ended up with 2. I think it is the factory default anyway but I'm not sure about that.

Unfortunately the rain didn't let me continue. Next time I'll explore the Lock Gain.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
robbancs
Registered Users

I've set the Lock Gain to 5 and I didn't notice any difference.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #26
SQRT(-2)
Registered Users

I have one. It is a good gyro. I like it. I was able to set the limits. I can't remember what exactly I had to do, but there is a knack to it. Read the instructions very carefully. You have to do it just perfect for it to save the settings. There is some tiny thing I forgot the first time or two that you have to do. I'll try to remember what I had to do.

Walkera Super CP
Walkera Devo 10 w/ Deviation
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.