Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Eddmont
Registered Users

Default 5065MG problem with AR7200BX

I was running through the setup of the BX when it just shut off. I thought my battery went bad so I plugged in another, same thing no power. While troubleshooting I unplugged all the servos, and then plugged them in one at a time. I found out that when the elevator servo is plugged in it shuts off the rx. It does matter if you plug it into the aux1, rudder, aileron or elevator, it just shuts off. Does this mean I have short in the servo wiring? Bad connection? I'm more of a mechanical person, that electronics. Any help would be great.
Eddmont is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
A.T.
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddmont View Post
I was running through the setup of the BX when it just shut off. I thought my battery went bad so I plugged in another, same thing no power. While troubleshooting I unplugged all the servos, and then plugged them in one at a time. I found out that when the elevator servo is plugged in it shuts off the rx. It does matter if you plug it into the aux1, rudder, aileron or elevator, it just shuts off. Does this mean I have short in the servo wiring? Bad connection? I'm more of a mechanical person, that electronics. Any help would be great.

Yes, you either have a short, motor jammed or board is corrupted.
101 - Servo Repair - Finless Bob's Video ***
Servo - How to Diagnose Servo Failures & Repair Servo *
Servo - DIY Repair - Lubrication (servo grease)
Servo - How to solve Servo Jitters (inc cleaning TX & RX pots)
Servo - Installation - Correct Mounting & Tips for longer life.
Servo - Do not turn by hand Servo - Extentions and Jitter

Much more under sub section
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
badfrog
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddmont View Post
I just had the EXACT same thing happen... then the servo smoked!!! hopefully just the servo and not the brand new AR7200...

AMA# 977810
badfrog is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support