Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
brettskywalker48
Registered Users

Default HS-65HB TWITCHING, whats true & what isnt??

Yesterday I noticed the elevator servo on my blade 400, 65HB, twitching without any input from the the tx. I found 2 possible causes in other forums.
1. The servo lead wire is ran to straight & doesnt have enough twists or bends in it. My elevator servo is the farthest away from the rx, so it is ran fairly straight with minimal twist.
2. The servo is mounted to tight or case is to tight
So I have played with both of these possiblities & its still twitching. When I remove the servo horn...no twitch. Servo horn on, with linkages connected....twitches. What else should I check? No recent crashes on it
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
brettskywalker48
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is also my most recently replaced servo, being only 2-3 months old & no crashes on it. Just a few hard landings
Old 09-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
A.T.
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettskywalker48 View Post
Yesterday I noticed the elevator servo on my blade 400, 65HB, twitching without any input from the the tx. I found 2 possible causes in other forums.
1. The servo lead wire is ran to straight & doesnt have enough twists or bends in it. My elevator servo is the farthest away from the rx, so it is ran fairly straight with minimal twist.
2. The servo is mounted to tight or case is to tight
So I have played with both of these possiblities & its still twitching. When I remove the servo horn...no twitch. Servo horn on, with linkages connected....twitches. What else should I check? No recent crashes on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettskywalker48 View Post
It is also my most recently replaced servo, being only 2-3 months old & no crashes on it. Just a few hard landings
1. Is a genuine Hitec servo horn in use? many aftermarket units are to deep, allowing
the horn to rub on the servo case and cause jitter/burnouts.

2. The age of a servo does not matter, it can last 5 years or burn out or be damaged
on first use. Plesae refer to:
Digital Servo - Burnout. Cause & Prevention - same applies to analogue servo.

Much more under sub section
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
brettskywalker48
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes it is a genuine hitec servo arm that it came with. I replaced the gears in my previous elevator servo, which is also a 65HB, last night. This is working fine, no twitching, just hope I replaced the gears properly. It seems to be getting the full travel in both directions. I just had a hard time putting the new gears in with my big hands. This servo has been in a dozen crashes & the last 1 resulted in stripped gears, back in action now

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support