Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #941
n6nev
Registered Users

I was a little fast with my response , I dont know if the CP will work with a FB system. My bad as I misread as a FBL system, so I must withdraw my reply

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
n6nev is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #942
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, the CPII was designed for FB systems, I think it is probably just a happy co-incidence that people have been able, off their own backs, to adjust/modify the method of installation/operation, in such a way that it will work with an FBL controller too. Primarily I think it was designed for normal flybarred operations and for planes.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #943
n6nev
Registered Users

The new smaller and lighter digital sensors and computer modules also allow for installation across a wide number of platforms. The system supports any conceivable aircraft configurations from airplanes, to heli's, to VTOL; any aircraft which require no more than 4 channels to operate pitch and roll. This includes support split or differential ailerons, flapperons, all forms of CCPM helicopters and more!

(FROM THE FMA WEB SITE! )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
n6nev is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #944
CeeveeSiN
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYQUEST View Post
THOSE are the videos I was saying in an earlier thread that were SO needed for this. I guess someone had that idea already over there
Now to just edit the 13minute time down and post that on the FMA website. Guaranteed to sell more just by doing that IMO. I have read recent posts that some were totally turned off by CPII entirely until they saw someone try and try to crash it w/ hard deck installed. That person now wants the whole sha-bang.
Nice job on the vids! Just need someone simutaneously filming the heli on the ground...maybe do a split screen (like when someone straps a camera on their neck and has someone else film to show their stick movements.)
that was me and yes my trainer bird will have one soon..

The vid is nice.. but get your reps like jack out to the local fields and funflys and give demos.. that will sell far better than a vid.
Goblin 700, Goblin 630, Goblin 500
CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #945
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finally a properly nice day, whilst I was in the mood and had time, so I managed to get my flight angles finalised. Flicking it on and off whilst level and not a twitch. Only took me two packs to perfect it, so for my remaining packs I just flew it around throwing in the odd manual recovery. It is just brilliant. All that remains now is for my HD to get here. Still not had the shipping notification, so I don't think it will be here anytime soon. Starting to wish I had chosen a better form of delivery now rather than the cheap as chips one that I went for. Not to worry, I guess it'll wait, but I'm very excited.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #946
hobdean
Registered Users

Will cpII and hard deck work with DMSS transmitter?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #947
Hati
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobdean View Post
Will cpII and hard deck work with DMSS transmitter?
Why wouldn't it? You connect the CPII after the main receiver, in lieu of the servos or FBL unit. The CPII will only ever see signals decoded for the servos, not a particular radio protocol.

Servos then connect to the CPII instead of your receiver, or stay connected to the FBL controller.

This is why CPII currently cannot be used with single line receivers, such as Sbus, because it cannot decode the signals being received.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #948
nightflyr
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CPII works with your Rx output command signals, it does not care how those signals get from your Tx to Rx so you should have no issues.

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #949
Hati
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Must be an echo here...
Old 11-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #950
I-FELN
Registered Users

Default set minimun of 50' too high for small Heli.

I think many units have been delivered. There are no feedback yet. For the moment I'm trying with trex 500 the first unit. the second waiting. I repeat that the limit of 50 ' is too restrictive and precautionary given the reactivity of the system and the set, size of my Heli. I would agree reduce it. I repeat in my own risk: Revoletrix please unlock the program minimum set altitude and let us free deciding on the best environment.
Regards.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #951
I-FELN
Registered Users

Default HD safe altitude

FINE: seem FMA's beta tester start test HD at a lower safe altitude of 30'
Hope new firmware will be soon released
Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #952
Howard Matos
Registered Users

"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Howard Matos is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #953
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got the email today: 10m HD, albeit surrounded with half a page of fine print warnings having something to do with your heli crashing if you're being stupid, which I already experienced many times over so I haven't read it in detail.

Big hand to FMA

Now can I start the thread about getting a limit lowered to 5m, or it would just make me an ever complaining ungrateful SoB?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #954
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nah, you'll be reet Jerry, Just use smaller pliers.

Well done guys.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #955
N3M0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Now can I start the thread about getting a limit lowered to 5m, or it would just make me an ever complaining ungrateful SoB?

Is that not my job? Misery does love company though
N3M0 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #956
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We're really not that far apart now. From my testing I conclude that 5m is a bit low for proper use of the HD and 6-7m would be probably more realistic minimum level. Come on guys, 3 more meters and I'll shut up forever, that's got to be tempting for some...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #957
ricoalonso
Registered Users

Quote:
Got the email today: 10m HD, albeit surrounded with half a page of fine print warnings having something to do with your heli crashing if you're being stupid, which I already experienced many times over so I haven't read it in detail.

Big hand to FMA

I think 10m (or 30ft) HD is good enough even for a 450. What needs to be done next is find a good and improved replacement of that Static Streamer. Personally I don't find it attractive to have something dangling behind the heli.
ricoalonso is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #958
CZorzella
Registered Users

Default Hard Deck Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
I think 10m (or 30ft) HD is good enough even for a 450. What needs to be done next is find a good and improved replacement of that Static Streamer. Personally I don't find it attractive to have something dangling behind the heli.
+1 on improved replacement of that Static Streamer.
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #959
I-FELN
Registered Users

Quote:
We're really not that far apart now. From my testing I conclude that 5m is a bit low for proper use of the HD and 6-7m would be probably more realistic minimum level. Come on guys, 3 more meters and I'll shut up forever, that's got to be tempting for some...
QUOTE! 6-7 m would be better and let us free deciding on the best environment for the heli size we are flying.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #960
rando
Registered Users

I vote just remove the restriction entirely. There's nothing wrong with a sane default and/or even a built in warning (Are you sure?) similar to other settings in the system. IMHO, 30ft is definitely way too high for a 450 but then again, I can't see really mounting all this hardware on a 450 anyhow.

I agree on finding another solution for accurate altitude readings -- the streamer is wonktastic but does seem to work reasonable well.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support