Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
ghenders
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default White dust on frame next to main gear

I know this is most likely normal but wanted to get input from other X50e pilots. I recently noticed buildup of white dust (presumably from the main gear) on the right frame (as you are looking from the tail forward). Since the main gear rotates clockwise it appears to be wear slung off from the main gear/pinion contact. I have double checked my pinion free play and it appears to be just right, but wanted to know if others have seen this after approximately 20 flights?
ghenders is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Langelus
Registered Users

its normal.

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk
Langelus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Digger1973
Registered Users

I got that on my mini titan aswell. The dust got sucked into my motor and caused a build up between the magnets causing 2 packs to get greatly over discharged in under 3 min. I examined the pinion and found 2 teeth on it were wearing and had one sharp edge. Replaced it with a rhino gear and have not had any white dust since.

If you motor has a chance to suck it up be sure to check it often.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
what-d-heli
Registered Users

Got that magic white dust also from the first few flights of my X50E. I thought I have the right amount of mesh between the main and pinion and they are just breaking in so to speak. Until my buddy checked it out for me. He rotated the main gear and showed me a "tight" area between the pinion and main gear. He told me to adjust my mesh from that spot. I did and wiped the old magic white dust and never had some ever again.
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
ghenders
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the responses. I will rotate the main gear and check the gap all the way around and see if I have a tighter gap at a different point on the gear.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #6
Elgyn
Registered Users

my x50 did that too for the first couple of flights until the gears broke in or if there's no grease on the gears

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters