Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
s_linste
Registered Users

Default Tried a Radian Pro with hopes of FPV

I bought one of these yesterday and promptly scraped it today. I had it set up as indicated with 20% flaps for the hand launch. It pitched up like crazy, looped and crashed nose first. The thing looks like a PITA to put back together with all that glued in servos, etc. I really think that the inclination to pitch up is generally underemphasized. I was sorta expecting it, too, seeing a few Youtube videos of crazy looping on maiden flights. i asked a few guys about having to compensate with the elevator right after the launch. I'm really bummed out. I don`t want to spend money like i did in my early heli days and start all over with a huge learning curve. I was hoping for a low stress heli alternative that i could eventually throw one of the many cameras and Tx on that I have kicking around.

Does anyone else feel that sail planes are way more sensitive to set-up than one might expect?
s_linste is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft