START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
nu66ie
Registered Users

Default Treats for my Trekker

With my second OWB showing signs of stress. (Second Photo) The KDE upgraded OWB mount arrived right on time. It is made of stainless steel and is quite heavy. The first OWB showed the same small dot a few flights before it failed. The bolt to the left is the one that is being pulled out of it's threads. On the first OWB, that spot showed up in several places but I didn't snap to what was going on until it failed. Here is the video.

I figured while I had it apart, that I'd go ahead and replace the pinion, OWB shaft, some bearings and the DFC links. I'm a the 50 flight mark so some of the bearings were ready to be replaced anyway.

The third photo shows what I replaced a few days back trying to get the play out of the blade grips. Can someone check theirs to see of there is play that feels like compressed blade dampers? Hold it by the grips and rock it side to side. Here is the thread with the details.

Tags
kde, main gear, owb, trekker

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters