Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #2881
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi jerry,

1. I am still considering my "hard-deck" options... but thanks for the offer...

2. I just love the B27- and such a good size at 1440mm wing span.. it would really look and sound great in the air.. any chance of some pics when you maiden it ??

3. I am going to get back on the "Heli-horse' again this weekend -- weather permitting.. so wil be testing both of my 600's out for a test flight, as well as finally maiden my C-47, as I just got some nice new props, with lovely yellow tips ...

4. BELT CP ?? .. well, I did find some parts in the cupboard, and look at them the other day.. so there's a mention for the thread.. just in case anyone is measuring "belt cp" frequencies !!

better get back to work... some of us still go to work !!

still no JACK ??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have not failed, I have just found 1000 ways that do not work.
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #2882
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Keeping my fingers crossed for your 600 testing, mate! You're overdue for some good luck on the one, for sure!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #2883
exblade
Registered Users

Default My Bench

Hi Guys,

I bought this 2006 Mini Cooper convertible for my daughter. Been going through it getting it ready. Flies real sweet!

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1841.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	370390  
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #2884
pinguin
Registered Users

Wow, very nice.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #2885
ragge1
Registered Users

yesterdays results so repairs on the bench

Old 12-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #2886
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Urgh, that's a bummer. Is it the 500, and what happened? Have you assessed the damage yet?
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #2887
ragge1
Registered Users

500 yes , was doing low inverted figure 8 flying and did a wrong stick movement and it went down so fast that had no time to react
a damage one side of the frame , the boom , bottom plate , Torque Tube Front Drive Gear Set ,canopy , blades , main shaft
luckily had all the parts , so just the blades and a test drive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20121202_213754.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	370723  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #2888
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ouch-- from the pic it almost looks a write off !! ..

I had a local expert maiden my twin-engined electric plank- c-47 Dakota scalie on sunday..

He wasn't too happy to fly it in my mode-3 dx7- tx.. so after he had it armed, and pre-flight check.. he started to muck with the settings.. trying to mix rudder and AIL .. all of a sudden it went to full throttle ... right in the pits... luckily it leapt into the air and cleared the spectator safety fence and took off in nice straight climb... we then both tried to cut the throttle and managed to drop the TX !!! .. resulting in the C-47 doing a slow bank to the right till it tip stalled and came down nose first. !!
the wings came off in mainly one piece and the nose was crushed a bit .. but also both motors had the props and shaft snapped off...... fuse is repairable with a bit of epoxy.. but now have to wait for two new motors and some more props..

I think ..if it is gonna crash it may as well be me doing it ? rather than no-one at the controls.. I am sure I can fly it as it certainly took off quick and straight !!

so.. back to the bench for me..

I didn't feel like trying with my 600 helis ... so went home to drink beer and sulk !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #2889
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Chris, ol' buddy, you have had the damnest luck as of late!
I'd say take up knitting but I'm afraid what would happen to you with those needles!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #2890
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sodding heck. That must be so annoying and frustrating. I feel for you pal. Don't know what mode 3 is, just gonna look. How do you fly your helis Chris? As you know nearly everyone here is mode 2.

Ah, here it is, for me and perhaps others. So you had it set for mode 3, or this is how it came, and you too wanted mode 2?

Tx Mode 3

Stick controls are:
left stick operates elevator & ailerons, right stick operates throttle & rudder.

Sutty
Old 12-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #2891
Luke Warmwater
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gotta be easier to adapt to than mode 1....it looks like mode 3 is a straight swap of the left and right stick...
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #2892
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah guys.. I did start my heli career on mode 1 , and changed to mode-3 after a few months... it seemed so much easier to have all collective controls on the one stick.. and I just got used to it. It also seems to me to be much more intuitive for plank flying as well... as essentially you use the left stick for all bank and climb ( with an aileron plane at least)

seems easier to me... and when I got my dx7 mode-1, I just opened the back , and swapped the wires for AIL <-> RUD ... which seem to me to be exactly what a joystick on a Real HELI does...

anyway... next time I won't let anyone.. no matter how experienced fly my gear unless they have flown in the same mode .. !!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #2893
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed Chris, mode 3, or 2, seem more sensible. Either way, since as was mentioned by Luke, they are essentially the same, just opposite sticks. Oddly, since I am left handed, mode 3 would probably be better for me, as I think cyclic control, or aileron/elevator in plank terms, would be better in my left hand. Couldn't begin to imagine how I could swap over now though. I'm nearly 50, and I started at about 10 or 11 years of age!

Cheers

Sutty
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #2894
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I will have to update my signature saying ....

I have not failed, I have just found 1000 ways that do not work ??

to

I have not failed, I have just found 1003 ways that do not work ??

and keep tally maybe ?

Just got a package in th email -- two replacement motor shafts for the crashed C-47 -- so I dont have to wait for new motors now .. cool.. I am still missing the nice scale spinners which I think are out on the ground at the LMAF.. I left in a huff and didn't notice them missing !1

Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #2895
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Though I'm not done with the rebuild just yet, since this forum is so dead either due to rain, winter or whatever, I though I would post my progerss so far.

The Hexa is comming along rather well.
I broke 2 booms, one of which I had in stock.
Ruined one motor, but had a spare.
The esc I had in question was fine.
Broke one landing strut and one landing skid.
Broke my mounting plate for the fpv camrea, which I made from stainless steel.
Broke 3 props and my parallel connector, which should see tomorrow.
And, my poor ass gimbal, which I though I ruined for good, lives again in even better shape than before.
Out of pocket expense, $38. Not bad at all!

Not that it matters too much, the weather turns for the worse tomorow. Think all I'll be doing this weekend is hunkering down and staying warm!

Remember my friend Bob who gave me his EXI basic kit to get ready for him? Well, I didn't have a tail servo and he wanted me to buy one for him. I said no, and it took his drunk ass forever to get me one.
By the time he did he had moved to Arizona. He contacted me and said he still wants it.
I told him I would be more than willing to honor the origional deal which was to inculde 3 hs65m servos, a Quartz metal gyro, and a dx6 and reciever, plus test flown ready to go for $100. I told him that he would also have to pay for shipping.
Haven't heard back from him, but that means nothing. You got to know Bob. I've known him forever, an old squadron mate.
So, I'll be finishing that project for him, probably this weekend.

Been also contemplating thining out my fleet of single rotor heli's, to finance a new multi rotor. Been thinking of either the HC500, the HDX450 or the 600pro.
Not too sure what I'm going to do.
So, if anybody might be curious about them, pipe up and let me know!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #2896
copterboy
Registered Users

Almost time for this project at home to commence, so next monday I will be packing up my workbench/PC and TV and moving out for a few weeks (should be still online if I manage to get anything done heli-related!!).

I've got alot of work to do in this room I live in. Current plans are now plumbing of a new heating system including 3 new radiators, a small system boiler converted to run on LPG to provide the heat source, removeal of the old coal burning fire, fix the hole in the roof that will be created by removing the flue, remove old plasterboard ceiling (that was damaged by the leaking roof last year), re-insulate roof, build metal frame suspended ceiling, new lighting and wiring for extra 3 gang/2way switch, extra couple of sockets on the ring main, re-skimming, re-decorating. And a special treat for me will be some fitted kitchen units, cleverly arranged into a proper workbench with some decent storage and new shelving above to display the heli's

Much better than the makeshift wallpaper pasting table/workbench I currently have Then I just want a new bed and some furniture Plus all the stuff I need to get done to develope my business further - the list just seems to get longer!!

So I think for 2013, I won't have much excess cash to expand the fleet or make any drastic changes, but looking forward to having more flying time

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #2897
copterboy
Registered Users

Hmmm...I'm having a bit of a dilemma I'm packing things away ahead of my home project beggining. I have a box which is having stuff put in I will sell, once the job is complete.

I came across my DX6i. Poor thing will probably spend most of this year on the shelf. I was planning to keep it for my son, but I guess I could just adjust the DX6i Spektrum neckstrap to his size, and keep the DX8 neckstrap for myself. Then I could get away with just the 1 TX, and a neckstrap each.

I'm just wondering, if any of you guys have spare TX's - do you use them much? Are they that much of a asset to have? I would guess so if flying often enough.

I'm just thinking, I should sell it to raise funds to get my current projects completed. If my son's interest really picks up in future, then I'll get one for him when the time comes. So think it will go in the box of bits to be sold!

Reading that back, I think I just talked myself into it

Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #2898
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Personally I would keep it. I was gutted for several weeks when my DX7 had to go away. I wished I had had one in reserve. It will be a reserve for you in the case of disaster, but better, soon, you will be able to buddy box him, and give him a taste of the bigger helis sooner than you might otherwise be able to do. Also he can use it as his on the smaller ones for around the house etc, assuming he takes to it or has an interest.

Assuming you can buddy box a DX6i to a DX8, I presume you can?

What could you get for it anyway? Dunno, haven't looked, but if you do choose to sell, give me a shout first, I might choose to take it off your hands for the very same reasons. Less likely to buddy someone, but you never know.

Speaking of selling things, anyone want a MicroBeast?

Cheers

Sutty
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #2899
copterboy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Speaking of selling things, anyone want a MicroBeast?

Cheers

Sutty
I do for the 450 but I have other things I wanted to do first. I'll have to abstain from putting any bids in now. Plus would have a moral dilemma selling something to you Andy, after all you have done If you really wanted it, then I'll give you first refusal when I finish the work and unpack everything. Plus it will give you some time to sell that MB, and think about it.

Your right though, for what I would get for it, I might aswell keep it as a back-up/buddy box. I'm just growing impatient to get these other heli-projects completed.

The condition of my DX6i is worth mentioning - I have replaced some of the stock switches that snapped, I've had the trim switches replaced and strengthened them, plus I replaced the antenna recently. I'm not claiming this work has added any value, just that it has been well used and well cared for as a result.

Nothing for reference on BMFA, but I had a look round ebay and 2nd hand units in good condition are selling for 55+, upto around 75 including a receiver. If you just wanted the TX as back up (no RX) then I'd be happy to let you have it for a good price. Personally, I agree with Jerry - Sell that MB, treat yourself to a DX8, and keep the DX7 as a backup

I'm happy to sell some assets to fund other projects for this year, and if/when Jack does progress from sim-to co-ax-to mcpx with some proficiency, then I would consider getting him his own TX as a christmas/birthday present. I would definately want to buddy him if he ever progressed to a CP heli with brushless setup, which I don't see happening for another year or two.

Anyway, back to the packing and clearing out!!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #2900
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

I still got my very first AM radio set, interrested?

I thinned out my radio collection last year, down to only 5 or 6 now.

I got old nitro motors from .049's up to 1.20 4-stroke's, gas motors up to 102 cubic inches. radios out the ying-yang, odds and ends stashed all over the house, and 4 planes in a stage of disrepair in range from 40 size to 1/3rd scale.

I need a garage sale!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP