Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Troy003
Registered Users

Default Well I'm pretty sure I TOASTED my BL Nano

Things were lookin so promising I successfully completed my BL Wild conversion about a week and half ago and was having a blast with this thing. Just started to get things tweeked out and flying the way I wanted. Well tonight I was trying to chase some vibes and had taken off the main rotor blades to spool up without them on. I had the main battery plugged in and figured I should then unplug the wire for the tail motor so I could isolate the main motor. Seems logical enough right? As soon as I unplugged the tail motor wire from the board I got the dredded sizzle, smoke, puff come from right where tail connects I am thinking as I unplugged the tail motor while I was powered up the wires may have contacted another part of the board and shorted/fried a FET on the main board or could have maybe damaged the brushless ESC'? I immediately unplugged the battery. Having very little hope that I did not damage it too bad, I did power it back up....here is the results...

Tail motor just spins at low rpm...no change in speed regardless of me moving the heli around trying to test for correctino

BL esc just beeps a series of tones. Will not arm main motor

Cyclic servos appear to be working properly.

So is there any hope this little guy will fly again? Or send him off to heli heaven?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Troy003
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anyone think this is salvageable?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
thanasi
Registered Users

Ya just needs a tail fet.
If u search around here, a few guys that do the repairs for a small fee.
I do them also but I'm on the other side of the border lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanasi is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help