Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
michaelv976
Registered Users

Default Vibration Q strapping a Contour HD to my Blade 450

So today I thought I'd try strapping my Contour HD 1080p to the training skids of my Blade 450 (I'm a novice flyer). Initially I saw a lot of wavy footage (almost like the footage was made up of vertical grass blades that waved back and forth. Made it hard to watch.

I then tried placing some soft foam between the underside of the skids and the camera. Didn't make any noticeable difference.

I was trying to figure out whether this was just a camera fault of where video cameras really need some fancy dampening to make the picture nice and clear. Ultimately I'd like to try FPV but first I need to fly well and then figure out the equipment I'll need. For now I was just curious to see what my own equipment would look like but it wasn't great.
michaelv976 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
agenthex
Registered Users

This is frequently referred to as "jelly" video.

Step 1 is to balance your heli. If it doesn't vibrate, there's no jelly.

Step 2 is to insulate against whatever vibration remains. Your heli will always vibrate *some.* You are trying to isolate the vibration from your camera. Often, foam and rubber bands can help, but if you're not having luck, go back to step 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
agenthex is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft