Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joe1l

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6 beeps error code

I have the 90HV and setting up the Synergy. I did couples of hovers today but after playing with the bar settings, i always have the 6 beeps error code.

How could i reset the 6 peeps error code when i power up the ESC? Is it OK to fly with the beeps? Other than that, It starts fine.
Dandion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandion View Post
I have the 90HV and setting up the Synergy. I did couples of hovers today but after playing with the bar settings, i always have the 6 beeps error code.

How could i reset the 6 peeps error code when i power up the ESC? Is it OK to fly with the beeps? Other than that, It starts fine.
Ok the below is from the YGE manual. First are you positive you are getting an error code or are you hearing the Lipo count out (6s). Usually it will not let you fly untill the error is cleared. If you are getting a "6beep/flash" error you will not want to fly till you figure out why it happened. One sure way to get the error is while the ESC is powered with 1 or 2 of the motor wires disconnected and throttle active. I have done this a bunch of times while testing something on the bench etc and would receive the error the next time i powered up. If you did something like that then your safe to reset it using your prog card etc. If that wasn't the reason,then i would double check your motor wires to ensure they aren't shorting and throttle cable etc to make sure it isn't frayed etc.

Trouble shooting:
2 Beeps/flashes: Under-voltage identification
3 Beeps/flashes: Temperature rise warning
5 Beeps/flashes: Receiver signals failed
6 Beeps/flashes: start up failed
The ESC signals any error that happened during flight
acoustically (motor) and optically with a blinking LED code.
Errors 2 and 3 are signaled after motor stop, but aren’t
stored as long as the ESC didn’t cut off completely (low
voltage / temperature warning). In case the error led to a
complete cut off, then it is not cleared by a tension RESET.
The deletion can take place only on purpose by connecting
the battery with the stick at full power and/or with 100%
throttle pre-selection (throttle curve), and disconnecting it
again after the interval beep. Please you leave the stick at
full power, while disconnecting, otherwise you activate the
RC-Setup.
Likewise the errors can be cleared by activating the
ProgCard.
With an activated brake, the error is only signaled after a
tension reset or in wind milling position.
align_sucks likes this.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Joe
Yes I am getting a "6beep/flash" after plugging the 12s lipos. I did 3 flights this morning and can not get rid off the error code.
Quote:
One sure way to get the error is while the ESC is powered with 1 or 2 of the motor wires disconnected and throttle active. I have done this a bunch of times while testing something on the bench etc and would receive the error the next time i powered up. If you did something like that then your safe to reset it using your prog card etc.
That's what i did yesterday when i was tunning the Vbar. I disconnected 2 wires from the motor.
Question: How do you reset the ESC with the progcard?

Thanks for your feedback

Daniel
Old 02-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandion View Post
Hi Joe
Yes I am getting a "6beep/flash" after plugging the 12s lipos. I did 3 flights this morning and can not get rid off the error code.

That's what i did yesterday when i was tunning the Vbar. I disconnected 2 wires from the motor.
Question: How do you reset the ESC with the progcard?

Thanks for your feedback

Daniel
Simply by connecting it and powering up. You dont have to change anything. Yesterday I set my startup from plane middle to plane fast. Connected my lipo on the field and got 6 beeps. Disconnected the lipo and connected the progcard again. Powered up, removed the lipo and went to the field again. No problem.

This is an error in all YGE's. I first thought they were awsome, and they are If you dont use vbar bailout and get used to using the progcard to reset an error message that is there for no reason at all
Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello Velocity
ok, i pluged the progcard and reset the error. Last time i forgot to plug the lipo.... Now the 6 beeps are gone and i only have one beep after initialization. I assum one beep/flash is fine ?
Daniel
Old 02-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
Simply by connecting it and powering up. You dont have to change anything. Yesterday I set my startup from plane middle to plane fast. Connected my lipo on the field and got 6 beeps. Disconnected the lipo and connected the progcard again. Powered up, removed the lipo and went to the field again. No problem.

This is an error in all YGE's. I first thought they were awsome, and they are If you dont use vbar bailout and get used to using the progcard to reset an error message that is there for no reason at all
This ISN't a bug..it is a SAFETY FEATURE and is by design. If your motor cable were to come loose while you were flying...and cause you to crash or if you had a cold soder joint, bad mosfet etc...the next time you powered up your ESC, it would warn you as to what happened.

If you are getting the error after you have reset it, i would not fly as there is something wrong. Take out your esc and look for frayed cable...bad motor bullet, esc side and motor etc. You dont want to fly if you keep getting this error!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing wrong with it. It can also be triggered by connecting the lipo to slow. Maybe that happened.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nothing wrong with it. It can also be triggered by connecting the lipo to slow. Maybe that happened.
If you are getting the error because you connected your lipo too slow then I would send back your YGE. I have plenty of them to know this isnt true. in all honesty it sounds like something is wrong with your YGE...maybe a bad mosfet...because that error only comes on when it fails to start motor after it receives throttle signal and wires are disconnected.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

we thank those who post good and useful info on our electronics,you can sell your yge's and get some hobbywings look on the bright side.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sponsor is treating me with the new Scorpion Commander. Hobbywings tent to go BOOM
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another reason for the six beeps is when rotor gets stuck, ie in a crash if one is not fast enough to hit TH or during spool up if rotor starts and is blocked by hand.
ziper_it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im trying to tell that theres nothing wrong with the escs and I have figured out what causes it. When I connect the prog card I always disconnect 2 motor wires. If you change something, like pwm and disconnect it and connect the motor wires again, you will get the 6 beep error. Not just on my esc but on every YGE esc I have seen.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I seem to be stuck in this mode and cannot get out of it

When originally setting up I didnt have the motor plugged in which may have caused this

Now I am stuck in this error and cant get out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZLHP...ature=youtu.be
photocycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, setting it up with motor wires loose will trigger it. Just connect the progcard with the motor wires attached powerup and disconnect. The error is gone now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in