Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont really care for the rudder servo to be mounted on boom. and I changed the fuel tank to 6oz for testing. I am thinking I will end up with 8oz in the end. Just trying to cut down on flying weight and I dont really care to fly for 25 plus minutes per flight anyway
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Rodney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I dont really care for the rudder servo to be mounted on boom. and I changed the fuel tank to 6oz for testing. I am thinking I will end up with 8oz in the end. Just trying to cut down on flying weight and I dont really care to fly for 25 plus minutes per flight anyway
I'm running a 8 oz tank in mine,so far getting 8 min with 1/4 tank left, about right for me, I have a hard time concentrateing for 15 min personally.and like you said it lightens it up a bit.I was worried that i might catch air but so far is working great.as for the rudder servo mine is still on the boom, for me it's easier , don't have to adjust gyro end poinrts every time adjust belt.and with the gasser theres no oil residue to get in the rudder servo and ruin it.
MAXHSHV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2009, 03:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

8min with 1/4 left - doesn't sound like we can get anywhere near the 25min figures people have mentioned.. even the website says up to 30min flight times... but looks like maybe only 10-15min max in real life...

Any comments or is 25min possible...

I'm mainly concerned about sport flying - loops, rolls, circuits, flips, inverted of the same...
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
t2o
Registered Users

jockstrap, so far the flight times being reported (that I have seen) are only from those pushing the new motor almost to the limit as far as head speed is concerned. The HP required to add head speed increases exponentially so those last 300 or 400 rpm cost dearly.

For sport flying 1700-1850 will be fine and use gobs less HP then what MAXHSHV is requiring from his 2100 rpm. The fact that he is staying in the air for 8 minutes (with gas left in the tank) at that head speed, with 6 oz of fuel, is awesome. IMHO.

My guess is that 20 minute flight times will be normal-- at normal head speeds-- and 30 minutes at scale head speeds might even be possible???
t2o is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say T20 is right on the flight times, with the stk tank i was getting 12 minutes with 1/4 tank left spinning 2100 lots of fast forward witch sucks fuel as much as anything,If you dial back the headspeed and took it easy 15 to 20 min possible.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like some of you are running the rich side. Running velocity stack?.
Don't forget when the ring seats, your fuel consumption will improve also with power...
Billme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm runninmg mine rich for sure, almost have a gallon through it so still breaking it in, today 2 tanks motor temps were 130 to 150 f, but it was running strong so i left it alone,see up here in the great white northit's pretty cold already today i was flying it was 20 f and when it's that cold the air is really dense so you have to feed the motor more fuel or you'll burn it up, on the bright side they make BOOCOO power in this weather, but flight times go down, my trex 600n's get 6.5 min flights in this weather, in the heat of tyhe summer i get 7.5 to 8 min.the 50 nitro's run so strong in this weather they're almost like flying a 90I'm running 14/14 and it was holding it pretty good, not forever but for 2 to 3 seconds.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey guys i learned a couple tricks today for the radical,I've been haveing trouble with the mainshaft collar slideing down the mainshaft, It's one of the clamp types, I couldn't get it tight enough, finally it stripped so i pulled it down and installed a lock collar from a raven/ hawk it uses 3 large set screws instead of the clamp style, I have found that the easiest way to work on the maingear is to pull the top bearing block out so the little dimples the 3 setscrews leave won't matter.BTW make sure you use regular alens with washers in place of the stk button head bolts for the top bearing block, other wise about the second time you pull the block the screws start stripping and if they strip and the clamp bolt strips your in for a fun time , ask me how i know.then the last thing is to drill a hole in the side of the frame below the top bearing block for a strait shot at the allens / or bolt on the clamp.
Hope this helps some peolpe avoid the ordeal i whent thruogh today to get it apart.so far on my radical almost every one of the frame bolts i have replaced with regular allens,they may not strip when you install them but if your like me you lock tite them and thats where the fun begins.my next one will get these right out of the box, will avoid all the stripping.they are for the 700 so they have the shoulders on them so just have to drill the holes to match.
http://www.rremodels.com/metalcwashe...r-trex700.aspx

or you could use these
http://www.rremodels.com/m3x8mmmetri...dcapscrew.aspx
with these
http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=1077
Old 12-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks folks on the fuel advice - i'll be only sport flying for some time.. so hopefully will get about 15min when broken in..
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey guys we got some 3.7 lithium Ion packs for the ignition http://www.rremodels.com/1s2p2000mah...itionpack.aspx
BobbySmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

bobby how many flights can you get from one of your 3.7 2000 mah packs.
bobbyra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Notice to those who bought H.D. head...

You can get a free 14 tooth pinion by contacting Century with proof of purchase of the H.D. kit...

International customers will need to contact their distributors for the free 14 tooth..
Billme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyra View Post
bobby how many flights can you get from one of your 3.7 2000 mah packs.

2 tanks of fuel 580 but iam sure ti may very a little
Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mah. Will vary with engine speed. That faster the R's the more power it takes to keep up the spark. I put back 240 mah in mine but that was about a 15 mins of hovering.
Lithuim Ion Dual Pack For Radikal
Rodney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks bobby & rodney got mine almost ready but my ei sensor is bad got one on back order so i am down for 2 weeks.the hard thing is trying to keep bob hebbs from stealing it.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

check out the metal head i came up with for my radical today.i used a raven/nx 50 upgrade cnc center hub(,In order to use this hub you need to use the hawk/kinetic50 seesaw pivot.)I have these hubs on all my 50 size century's, well anyways i took the metal grips off my swift 620se and the 8mm feather spindle and they were a perfect fit in the 50 nitro cnc center hub, so i have a metal head with a 8mm spindle now
tomorrow I will give it a fly and see how it works
BTW the dampers look identical to the radical dampers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radical head 001.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	127502   Click image for larger version

Name:	radical head 002.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	127503   Click image for larger version

Name:	radical head 003.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	127504   Click image for larger version

Name:	radical head 004.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	127505  
Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyra View Post
Thanks bobby & rodney got mine almost ready but my ei sensor is bad got one on back order so i am down for 2 weeks.the hard thing is trying to keep bob hebbs from stealing it.
Haha Tell Bob to buy his own
Old 12-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXHSHV View Post
check out the metal head i came up with for my radical today.i used a raven/nx 50 upgrade cnc center hub(,In order to use this hub you need to use the hawk/kinetic50 seesaw pivot.)I have these hubs on all my 50 size century's, well anyways i took the metal grips off my swift 620se and the 8mm feather spindle and they were a perfect fit in the 50 nitro cnc center hub, so i have a metal head with a 8mm spindle now
tomorrow I will give it a fly and see how it works
BTW the dampers look identical to the radical dampers.
Nice i got Metal parts coming for stock head
Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

just finished the long boom.
raptor 90 boom ,gohbee 90 belt. belt is wider butstill fits pulley's, only had to redrill back holes 1/4 further back to make belt adjustment.boom is about 5 thousands larger so a snug fit but that's ok, won't move that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radical long boom 006.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	127581   Click image for larger version

Name:	radical long boom 007.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	127582   Click image for larger version

Name:	radical long boom 008.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	127583   Click image for larger version

Name:	radical long boom 009.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	127584  
Old 12-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob is got a minair 55 with a ys56 on his mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in