Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

you bet it is!!!
neavissa is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well finally got a decent day to give this setup a test run....

And I can say that it works so far!!!!

The CPII appears to control the VBar and mellows it out,.

Now most would say that the whole intent to going FBL is the extreme agility and that is very true but now with FBL coming into its own and many new pilots wanting the latest and greatest..jumping into a VBar or other FBL system might be more than a new pilot can handle right off the bat.

At least this gives the pilot a degree of control that in other setups would require much tinkering within the software settings and you would still not get the stabilization aspect of it.

I am still working on the recovery speed..something I had not given much thought to at the time when I started putting this hybrid system together.

But with a few more test flights and tweaks to both systems I'm pretty sure a happy medium can be reached.

Along with the CPII/VBar Flybarless stabilization system, I am also working on a CPII/Align 3G Flybarless stabilization hybrid system.

Though this is a bit more of a challenge because the 3G is not a tunable system to the degree as the VBar.

The first test hop almost ended before it started when the heli wanted to tip over sideways.
But no harm done, and that issue has been resolved, now to move forward and begin introducing the CPII into the mix.....

Stay tuned....

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 03-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

good job! sounds like you are slowly getting there!

G
neavissa is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I am looking at building the smallest camera platform I can. I am looking into using a 450 sized heli. My plan was to use a Copilot II as a stabilizer, and then run a 3 blade head with flat bottomed rotors for the stability and lift. The idea is to get as much payload capacity as I can out of the small platform. I have been very pleased with my results so far, and if I can increase the payload just a little bit, I think I am home free.

Obviously, the 3 bladed head is going to require a flybarless stabilization system. I have the copilot system (uninstalled so far), and came across this thread.

How would the copilot work by itself with a flybarless system? Is there any hope of me making this work ? ;-)

Thanks for your thoughts,

Nick
arrinick is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To begin with,

These tests are just that... testing an idea that struck me,
I'm working with 700's so my results will be one thing ..on a 450 class bird, I haven't ventured there yet.
Though I can predict that it will be quite twitchy being a smaller heli
There would also be a lot of hardware to begin with, and being a 450..not much room to work with

I'm only now getting into flight testing, and finding what needs to be trimmed and adjusted to get these systems to function together. I have little doubt that with in a few weeks I'll have the hybrid system fully functioning.

But this is something you really don't want to run out and try without some type of prior testing.

I would think that a Helicommand RIGID would suit your needs far better, considering your size envelope you wish to maintain and what you have planned.

Just my opinion

Old 03-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the response, and the advice. It seems every one is trying to get their helicopter faster and more responsive, while I am trying to make mine as smooth and mellow as possible ;-) They need a forum for lazy helicopters.

Nick
arrinick is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well if you want a long slow flyer that is stable to begin with, a 450 wouldn't be my first choice, a 600 is better suited for that type of situation, and it can be fitted to go for a decent flight time.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what about a helicommand rigid?

thats two systems in one

Making_of_heli-WEB.mov (2 min 55 sec)

Showreel Helicam Overexposure Film & Video (2 min 57 sec)
marcgode is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually if you read up on the HC your limited to how hard you can do a maneuver, due to the reasoning it will confuse the gyro, there are rate limits.

And another point , I seem to recall and I may be confusing this with something else... that even when doing hard 3D Captron recommends that the unit be switched off for these reasons.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default helicommand Rigid

Well that still makes it suitable for flybarless AP use.

I just don't like to many devices doing more or less the same thing

Anybody happy with the rigid for AP?

Old 03-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As you please,
This is an experiment to see if a VBar & 3G FBL can be interfaced along with flight stabilization.

If your choice is to go with an HC , best of luck to you

Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgode View Post
Well that still makes it suitable for flybarless AP use.

I just don't like to many devices doing more or less the same thing

Anybody happy with the rigid for AP?
You don't gain much going flybarless for AP. Most of the guys use a 3A or go for a Profi if doing it professionally. Have a look at the AP section on RunRyder.

Ian
Trooper is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi nightflyr.

Nice job. Any chance that you have a wiring diagram for those who want to test your Vbar/CP-II setup as well?

Or just route input CH1 - CH3 of the CP-II to the output of the RX and connect the CP-II outputs to the vbar unit (that just simple said). Is that the basic idea?

I do have a CP-II system in use and I am rather satisfied with its performance on my Trex.
MatLi is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatLi View Post
Hi nightflyr.

Nice job. Any chance that you have a wiring diagram for those who want to test your Vbar/CP-II setup as well?

Or just route input CH1 - CH3 of the CP-II to the output of the RX and connect the CP-II outputs to the vbar unit (that just simple said). Is that the basic idea?

I do have a CP-II system in use and I am rather satisfied with its performance on my Trex.
If it were that easy.....lol

You'll need to install and setup your VBar with a Rx on your heli first, need to ensure that it is operating correctly and is dialed in before you attempt to install the CPII along with it.

Then from your Rx you will need to patch in the CPII ...

Rx > CPII > Vbar, it is still a one to one lead install , it sounds very simple, and it is but now you have a mass of wiring that you will need to get connected up correctly.

After you get the CPII patched into the flight system, you will need to set it up with 0 flight angles and 0 auto trim so that when you have it turned off it is REALLY off till you see what flight angles you'll need to get it to work.

Keep in mind I'm working with a 700, not sure how it will react on any other size heli

Old 03-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flybarless stabilisation and Ap

I think I do gain a lot with flybarless. I have 15 % longer battery live. No Flybar in the way for transport in the van or airplane. And less part causing vibrations.

I was very happy with the helicommand 3a for AP use so thats why I thought maybe someone tried it in this tread as flybarless system.

thnx marc

Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 3A and 3D can not be used as a flybarless, RIGID would be your only choice

Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi again. I do have a fully set-up vBar on my Logo 400 and it should be set-up near to perfection - or at least close to it I have had installed various CP-II systems on small to medium size helicopters and, yes, I agree, the wire management can be a big challenge but I am already used to it.

If you tell me that the CP-II basically can get along with the vBar unit, I may just give it a try too. And in case it goes wrong I won't blame you nightflyr.

Whatever suggestions and ideas you may have are welcome. Especially those CP-II setting related.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You will need to get your Logo/VBar flight tested first before you attempt to integrate the CPII.
Get that far and I'll walk you thru the following step

Old 03-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been flying yesterday without a hitch and today I will perform the trim flight since it was just too windy the day before. Looks like its going to be a calm and perfect day today to get the auto trimming done. But in fact, even without the auto trimming, the flight yesterday was already fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in