Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
2200+ views, this thread must be "good reading"

Many like viewing a trainwreck too and just like the train this thread is going nowhere...it was redundant from the start.

Simply can't compare the objectives of the seller (Horizon) with our perspective of how it should have been blah-blah. No relationship there. This is like armchair sportsman vocalising how they would do it.

No malice intended.

Be happy with what you have for what it is rather than getting focussed what it could have been. Australia doesn't even have them yet and they plan on taking and extra $20 from us when they are here even though our dollar is stronger than US
http://www.modelflight.com.au/produc...11292-158.html

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why nearly there? How much more there can you get with something this tiny, stable, and tough?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Read back. Or the first page.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
2200+ views, this thread must be "good reading"

I'll say it is good readin I dont agree with most of it but its still interesting
Lynn123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I learned my lesson of brushed motors on the MSR. So I am not buying the Nano. 1 lost sale. But I bought a 130x thinking I would be happy. Then I learned about Blade QC. I am now done with Blade until I see a change. Thanks for the MCPX though. Without it I would probably not be in the hobby. So I guess we will always have that Blade But don't worry it's not you it's me.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

But it will (hopefully) reinforce to Horizon that there is a SIGNIFICANT segment that wants the top-end available from THEM, and not spent dicking around and sawing/drilling/gluing to add a BL retrofit that probably should have already been on in the first place.

Signicant segment????

I would not say that 5 or 6 people complaining is a significant segement....

hahahahahahahahaha

PS: love my nano and I have well over 50 flights and my motor is working fine!

(Sorry, had to post after reading through all the bs LOL)
Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Love my Nano (probably until the motor fails ... )

nano CPX - nano CPX BL - 2 x MCPX V1 BL - 2 x MCPX BL - 230S - MQX - Gaui 330X - 4G6V-FBL - 4G6V - cX450pro - T450pro - T500 DFC - Gaui EP550 FBL
xs4reak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpark View Post
Signicant segment????

hahahahahahahahaha

Really think that only five or six would be interested in it? Especially if it was done under the margins that an aftermarket conversion incurs?

Fact of the matter is, if there was a 'standard' and a 'pro' version, the latter would see noticeable sales. If the capability was baked in from the start, it would provide a significant value-add that could increase sales.

If you're happy with the stock performance and 'reliability'? Great. See you around.

It's already becoming a known trend that the nano's main motor is fragile, even beyond the annoying initial break-in period. While offering an upgrade would limit the re-sale of new motors, it's a hard sell to try to paint it as being in any way an advantage to the consumer. Calling complaints to that effect 'bs'? Well. That just makes you look bright, doesn't it.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowSpark View Post

Signicant segment????

hahahahahahahahaha

sorry but according to you only 5 or 6 people complaining sounds like BS to me LOL. (no offence) Read around the msrx, mcpx nano forum and you WILL FIND there are plenty of people NOT happy with brushed motors.

BS means lying and I find it hard to believe people will take the effort to complain and lie about failing motors.

BTW it doesnt matter if those people who are not happy with brushed motor is part of a significant segment or not. No one should have to buy a brand new product and then having the motor fail on them in few short flights.

PS, maybe you are the lucky ones with good motors, but that really doesn't give you the right to call those who are unlucky BS
Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
If you're happy with the stock performance and 'reliability'? Great. See you around.

It's already becoming a known trend that the nano's main motor is fragile, even beyond the annoying initial break-in period. While offering an upgrade would limit the re-sale of new motors, it's a hard sell to try to paint it as being in any way an advantage to the consumer. Calling complaints to that effect 'bs'? Well. That just makes you look bright, doesn't it.

If your' not part of the solution...
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

and the "entertaining" continues.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheli1201 View Post
sorry but according to you only 5 or 6 people complaining sounds like BS to me LOL. (no offence) Read around the msrx, mcpx nano forum and you WILL FIND there are plenty of people NOT happy with brushed motors.
If you think this is about about 6 people, do some reading.

Many newbies to the hobby feel once burnt, twice shy. If you had no previous experience with HH's products, and you bought an NCPX, flew it for a couple of weeks and it quit, how would you feel? Um... unsatisfied, maybe? (at best). Not much to debate really, it would suck for anyone.

It's like a $150 version of the $30 shopping mall co-ax syndrome: "Buy it once, fly It once, chuck it at once".

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheli1201 View Post
BTW it doesnt matter if those people who are not happy with brushed motor is part of a significant segment or not. No one should have to buy a brand new product and then having the motor fail on them in few short flights.
+1 Straight up common sense. (a reasonable expectancy of quality and longevity, is that so bad?)

If you don't agree, fine, but try to list some $150 products that will likely need replacement of major components within one month. Few other products could ever survive the backlash from QC issues like this, without a recall.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #73 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
If you think this is about about 6 people, do some reading.

Many newbies to the hobby feel once burnt, twice shy. If you had no previous experience with HH's products, and you bought an NCPX, flew it for a couple of weeks and it quit, how would you feel? Um... unsatisfied, maybe? (at best). Not much to debate really, it would suck for anyone.

It's like a $150 version of the $30 shopping mall co-ax syndrome: "Buy it once, fly It once, chuck it at once".

+1 Straight up common sense. (a reasonable expectancy of quality and longevity, is that so bad?)

If you don't agree, fine, but try to list some $150 products that will likely need replacement of major components within one month. Few other products could ever survive the backlash from QC issues like this, without a recall.
All helis have their issues, try having issues with a 1K kit. Interesting how the people who spend the least complain the most. I have bought 3 nCPX machines and they all preform fine, you should see Tony tail sliding one down between tree limbs in a small walled in back yard. Nothing fragile on that machine.

My nCPX worked once we blew it dry after I bounced it off a wall and into a pool in Finless's neighbors yard. No motor failure yet even after being submerged for about 30 minutes.

I do think the nano flys about like the mCPX though, just smaller. I prefer the 130X myself, but I know a LOT of people LOVING their nCPX machines.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #74 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
I learned my lesson of brushed motors on the MSR. So I am not buying the Nano. 1 lost sale. But I bought a 130x thinking I would be happy. Then I learned about Blade QC. I am now done with Blade until I see a change. Thanks for the MCPX though. Without it I would probably not be in the hobby. So I guess we will always have that Blade But don't worry it's not you it's me.

Watch some of the Tony Whiteside tuning vids for the 130X. They are small and cheap machines but with minimal tweaks fly very well for what they are and what they cost. He tweaked about 35 of them at the SOCAL HeliFreak.com Event and taught the owners how to keep them flying well themselves, it is not that hard in most instances.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
All helis have their issues.
This is not a heli issue, it's a component (motor) choice quality issue.

I am talking specifically about HH's use of BRMs, nothing else. I am not criticizing HH's overall design, how it preforms (apart from the motor longevity) or how resilient the heli is overall, or their CS, or their pricing. Just the brushed motors. Show me a Nano exactly as is, with a BL main and warranty, and I'm happy.

This is a question of principal, not price. A 50 cent pen should work well for a month.
Because something is relatively inexpensive, doesn't mean it has to be "cheap".

Quote:
All helis have their issues, try having issues with a 1K kit. Interesting how the people who spend the least complain the most.

No offence but this is a very elitist statement. You are suggesting that because someone can, for example, only afford to spend $150 on a heli, instead of $1000, they should "shut up and be happy, because they can't afford better".

Maybe only people who make 250k a year should get to vote too.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since we're on the topic of brushless Nano's, check out these videos:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=461791

Who would want this?
zguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

These guys are awesome. And none are flying stock brushed motors, I wonder why.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I wonder why.
I don't
Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Watch some of the Tony Whiteside tuning vids for the 130X. They are small and cheap machines but with minimal tweaks fly very well for what they are and what they cost. He tweaked about 35 of them at the SOCAL HeliFreak.com Event and taught the owners how to keep them flying well themselves, it is not that hard in most instances.
On a side note have any links to the 130x videos?
fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, I'd jump on that double brushless in a second. Heck, even the 'mild' nCPX would be a huge step in the right direction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in