Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So this is just hilarious. Turns out the upgraded tail is even worse than the normal, I'm talking, 3x worse xD

Not only does it blow out, it can't even keep straight in a hover! The rudder turn rates are around 2 times slower and choppy, in increments rather than smooth turns.

I think I will just use the stock tail and deal with the tail issue and decrease pitch like Jon said.

Nothing but issues.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2015, 07:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

As for the wet dog shakes, it is completely gone! The cyclic is so smooth now, it's a bit slower, a lot smoother, no shakes or vibrations, it flies like a slightly larger bird! Even the annoying self leveling is gone and it flies like a proper Cp that I expect it to fly like! (ignoring the tail issue that is). These larger rubber o rings are really worth the £3. Only upgrade that actually made the heli fly better and wasn't a pain in my neck, and cheapest too.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:26 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

What upgraded tail are you using? I just buy solid cf rod since you get 3' of it for $5 but you will never break the first one you put on.
Glad you got rid of the wet dog shakes, mine gets them as the spindle gets loose every so many flights. I just ignore them until they happen nonstop or the collective becomes too unresponsive.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2015, 07:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
What upgraded tail are you using? I just buy solid cf rod since you get 3' of it for $5 but you will never break the first one you put on.
Glad you got rid of the wet dog shakes, mine gets them as the spindle gets loose every so many flights. I just ignore them until they happen nonstop or the collective becomes too unresponsive.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1516739009...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 05-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I make the rod the same length as stock for the nano, but used to stretch the ones i made for the mcpx v2. It does seem to make the nano a lil tail heavy even at stock length, but pushing the 45c packs i use as far forward as possible evens it out. Seems to hold the tail better than stock since there's less flexing of the boom
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I put on a spare stock tail boom I had (i pulled the motor out by mistake when pulling off the tail rotor so I had to solder the ends back) I didn't trust my soldering job so i didn't use it. But now that I replaced the first tail that came with the heli with the new repaired one, it works! I barely get tail movement which is normal and the tail holds perfectly through harsh pitch changes!

For the first time in a long time, since I got the bird, i am actually having fun and i don't have a frown on my face! I now wish I had a large indoor area to proper fly test this thing
Old 05-30-2015, 07:40 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
I see, sucks it didn't work for that price. When you break the stock one, split it open to get the wires out and try out solid cf rod. All you need is a file to cut it and make the flat spots in it. No need to get the wires oit of the tail motor case, it will still fit with em in there. Put a lil ca to keep it from moving around so it doesn't scar the wires over time. The rod size is .80if i remember right.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I tried at the start of this thread. That's when the tail issues started. I think either I didn't solder the broken wire properly or the motor was just used and dying.

Oh and that stupid "upgrade" tail, I am getting half flight times, around 1min 10 seconds.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep practicing with her outside and wind effects will seem to just disappear over time. Ill fly my nano in wind i don't like flying my 180 since the 180 has to land and you can th land the nano over grass. Unless it's rain that has you stuck inside, not wind.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah the tiny wires suck to solder but can be done. Best if unsoldered where the shrink tube is and resoldered back together. Rest of the wire the wire and coating seem to be one n the same. Did solder that part of em together on my last nano and it worked good. Had to get them tip to tip for proper function. Pain in the azz but if they're not just right will add resistance and wreck flight time and performance as well
Old 05-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gettin rdy to put a solid rod tail on my new nano right now. Finally broke it using an older lipo, went crazy and slammed into the pavement from the crappy battery. First nano was perfect out of the box, this one had wet dog shakes, double the neg pitch than pos and burned the board on the 6th flight. Bladez QC seems to be in the toilet these days.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didnt have to unsolder, I used a lot of CA glue on my first boom due to breakage and splintering so I had to yank the wires a bit too hard to get them off the tail boom. That's why one of them snapped. But the replaced tail wires are in great condition.

As for outside, it is way too windy. It's always windy here. I can afford to fly my 200 but this just eats the dirt in the wind.

Hows the 180 treating you? I contemplated the 180 and the 360 but I decided to move out of the blade family since the prices are just ridiculous. Building a Gaui X3 this september
Old 05-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might stick the one from my last nano on it that has the soldered wires on it, but that motor was starting to feel tired on the last few flights
Old 05-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Might stick the one from my last nano on it that has the soldered wires on it, but that motor was starting to feel tired on the last few flights
Haha, so much work. I regret getting the nano but at the same time, I'm glad I got it so that I know to avoid micros in the future.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once it's sorted out it's actually a great lil bird. I fly it 20to one over my 180cfx. Just get used its quirks and fly it accordingly. It's my sim and stress free flyer. You can fly through wet dog shakes, jacked main blades and it still flies pretty darn good. If my 180 isn't perfect in every way it will self destruct.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think my 200 srx can put up with more xD I have flown that thing with a broken tail blade, bent shaft, missing gear teeth, bent, out of shape tail booms, chipped blades, broken frame, broken skids, wrong gear meshing, and it still flies great and the tail holds perfectly. Going from flybar (4 years ago, honey bee fp v2) to this, i was amazed at how fbl units keep the tail. My mind is still blown
Old 05-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My last nano survived subzero temps and 1000 30' drops onto concrete for a year before the board finally went. Was flying it with half missing lg, every canopy mount glued on and finally 2 missing altogether, glues main rotors, more tape than canopy left, bent spindle, and one of the blade grips a lil jacked for the last couple months till the board finally quit. Flipped,rolled and flew just fine. Couldn't have asked anymore from a tiny $100 heli.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:28 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that i think about it, ill prob just ca the crack in the new ones tb so i can go out and fly before it starts raining. Looking outside doesn't look like im gonna have enough time to put the solid one on before the rain hits
Old 05-30-2015, 08:32 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
I think my 200 srx can put up with more xD I have flown that thing with a broken tail blade, bent shaft, missing gear teeth, bent, out of shape tail booms, chipped blades, broken frame, broken skids, wrong gear meshing, and it still flies great and the tail holds perfectly. Going from flybar (4 years ago, honey bee fp v2) to this, i was amazed at how fbl units keep the tail. My mind is still blown
Wow im impressed, never would have thought looking at it. My 120sr is in worse shape than my old nano but still flies like it always has. Ti bad its always flown like a dumptruck with rotors lol
Old 05-30-2015, 09:03 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear so many good things about the srx and so many ppl seem to love the shat out of em, been looking at buying one. Since i got my 1st taste of 3d all i do is practice that, so im not sure if I'd be happy with it. I was just askin about it in the srx forum yesterday, saw alot of ppl that have way better cp helis than me still love to fly em though. Waiting for a great price on cl for one, if i see the right one ill prob pull the trigger. Extra poor at the moment so i shouldn't, but do things i shouldn't do about everyday anyways lmao

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in