Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini VBar and Jeti R3 UDI Diagram Needed

Being new to Jeti and after several hours of trying to locate a nice diagram of a hook up, please, could someone please provide me with a picture or a diagram of a UDI cable from a Mini VBar to the R3 receiver. Also, I have read that some folks are having a some problems with the Jeti/VBar playing well together. I am new to Jeti and am converting all my 5 helis to iKon from full size VBars. We have set up the first of 5, a G380 with iKon and R3. One G500 has a Mini on it that has always performed great so I want to try that with a R3. Any and all information is appreciated and simple pics of your cable is great as well.
Jeti DS-14/ Brain/ iKon- AMA 611227
Scanman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2016, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/442

I'm also running Mini-vbar, udi, and the r3. This setup worked flawlessly.

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you Fauropitotto, I looked at the site and this is just what I needed. I am assuming that the UDI is still plugged into #3 port on the R3 as with the iKon.
I run a Castle Edge 100 and Castle BEC Pro on my G500. The BEC is plugged into RXB currently. Where would the BEC positive and negative wires go now as I have now run out of ports on the VBar? Would I plug the BEC and R3 into a "Y" connector coming from the RXB on the VBar?

Last edited by Scanman; 01-15-2016 at 10:57 AM..
Old 01-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have to disassemble some bits on my model to get a full wiring for you, but I do recall it was tricky.

I managed to get all 4 servos, castle ESC, ESC aux wire, 2 power wires, and 1 backup power wire all connected to the Vbar and the R3. Every plug was used.

One of the things I did was use the power lines from my 2S lipo and the signal line from my rudder servo to plug into RD on the vbar. Then I feed my rudder power from an open port on the R3.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I have summed up out of your last post and the info on vstabi.

So, signal and power are two separate things. Per vstabi, all that is necessary is the ESC signal into the bottom pin of RXB on the Mini. This leaves the +- (middle and top) pins open for a power input for the BEC.

If, using a "Y" cable, I plug the ESC signal wire into one leg of the "Y" and the +- of the BEC into the other leg (going to their respective pins on RXB) I will achieve the desired result of signal out and power in. Am I correct?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
So, signal and power are two separate things. Per vstabi, all that is necessary is the ESC signal into the bottom pin of RXB on the Mini. This leaves the +- (middle and top) pins open for a power input for the BEC.
Yes. Red is Positive, Black/Brown is Negative, Orange is Signal.

As long as everything gets power and the signal gets where it needs to, everything will be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
If, using a "Y" cable, I plug the ESC signal wire into one leg of the "Y" and the +- of the BEC into the other leg (going to their respective pins on RXB) I will achieve the desired result of signal out and power in. Am I correct?
This part I don't understand, why would you need a Y cable? The Castle ESCs both the LV and HV versions only have two wires. One is the signal and power, and the other is the Auxiliary cable.

So, just like on the vstabi site, you plug the signal/power cable into RXB, and the white aux cable into the top pin of RXA if you plan on using the Vbar governor. The Aux cable is not needed if you don't need the external governor.

If your Castle does have a BEC, and you are using an external BEC, then you will need to remove the red wire from the Castle cable. If you Castle does NOT have a BEC, and you are using an external BEC or a lipo, I believe you can keep everything intact.You should probably refer to your Castle manual to see how to wire that up.

Point is, I don't think Y cables are needed, because I was able to get all 4 servos, UDI, Castle, Castle RPM, 2 power inputs, and 1 backup all wired in without the need for Y cables or splitters.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauropitotto View Post
Yes. Red is Positive, Black/Brown is Negative, Orange is Signal.

As long as everything gets power and the signal gets where it needs to, everything will be okay.

This part I don't understand, why would you need a Y cable? The Castle ESCs both the LV and HV versions only have two wires. One is the signal and power, and the other is the Auxiliary cable.

So, just like on the vstabi site, you plug the signal/power cable into RXB, and the white aux cable into the top pin of RXA if you plan on using the Vbar governor. The Aux cable is not needed if you don't need the external governor.

If your Castle does have a BEC, and you are using an external BEC, then you will need to remove the red wire from the Castle cable. If you Castle does NOT have a BEC, and you are using an external BEC or a lipo, I believe you can keep everything intact.You should probably refer to your Castle manual to see how to wire that up.

Point is, I don't think Y cables are needed, because I was able to get all 4 servos, UDI, Castle, Castle RPM, 2 power inputs, and 1 backup all wired in without the need for Y cables or splitters.
With the setup you described above, what voltage are you running your bec at? With the tail servo getting power from the r3 does it step down the voltage to 5v?
Pablochopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No BEC.

Everything on all my helis is running entirely unregulated direct from my 2S lipo at 8.2 volts fully charged.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The "Y" connection was the best/quickest way I could think of without redoing too much. I can read some of these manuals that come with the various components we use and get what I can out of them. But when it comes to electricity distribution and programming the high end ESCs and computers that control our aircraft......oh My God. I'm a schematic/ show me person, I guess. Your feedback as well as the vstabi site was what I needed for guidance so far. Thank you, and I will definitely stay tuned to HF for more education. No "Y" needed now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in