Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems > AP and Scale

AP and Scale Discussions for Scale, Multi-blade and AP applications using CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix, Digimix-3.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 AM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nothing in the AP2000i. This is in your tx.

Also, if you could take another pic from the swashplate up. It wasn't too visible in the others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #262 (permalink)

im still thinking about this and questions keep coming!!

Exponential of the cyclic in the TX couldnt mean the gyro's are influenced to react exponentially because they just react relative to their orientation?? so that cant help...

Would there be any difference that I am trying to fly the heli with the flybar still attached?? making the gyros far too sensitive?

Would adding some dead weight make the heli less nimble in the air? Resulting in the gyro sensitivity to be reduced??
scary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't realize that the flybar was still attached. I'm not sure what effect that would have.

The expo suggestion was for the possibility that it's from small, unintentional stick inputs.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #264 (permalink)

well im getting very discouraged

I have removed the flybar and tried to give it a flight this morning. After removing the flybar, it seemed to get rid of the oscillations, but the heli is still very responsive.... really responsive.
After trying to take off in HH, I found the stick input to be extremely sensitive. Also I couldnt understand why the heli wasnt levelling itself. THe gyro gains is around 7%, maybe a little high? So i gave it 25% expo on the cyclic. This didnt really help - i got about a foot off the ground and became paranoid, gave it too much cyclic and it came down with a boom strike the strike also sent my FMA copilot flying in a couple of pieces.
I found flying with the flybar more stable and fun.... this isnt enjoyable at the moment....

Because i want this for AP, i have manufactured a front mount with just some dead weight for now, and i had the batteries at the rear of the heli for counter balance. With the additional weight, it would only take off with full headspeed and about 10° of pitch which i found dissapointing also.

Well, i guess ill get a new tail boom, some blades and try again!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How much pitch do you have on the cyclic? I had to add >40% expo to slow down the cyclic on mine.
Also, a bit of delay on the gyro was required if I remember correctly.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #266 (permalink)

wow, 40%!
okay, that makes me feel a bit better. I thought i was the only one having these oversensitivity issues. Also, ill start off with the gain at 0% and bring in a delay.

Thanks Mark, after I've slept on it, im rather happy that all i need replacing is a tail boom ($5) and the tail rudder line ($2.50)

My pitch must be around 10° but i think i might also increase that as high as possible due to the increased weight im carrying.

Cheers
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm refering to cyclic pitch, not collective. If you've got a lot of cyclic pitch, that will make it even more sensative. Due to the removal of the flybar's gyroscopic effect, it's going to be more sensative to stick inputs. Cyclic will be instantly applied to the blades rather than mixed in by the flybar.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What are your rates for Ail and Ele in the AP2000i?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #269 (permalink)

Gday Mark

Sorry for the long break between posts; I have just recieved all my replacement parts for the Hurricane to get it going again.

I dont have my gear in front of me but i dont believe i have set any rates in the AP2000i.
Should I have set anything?

My next approach is to dramatically reduce the sensitivity of the cyclic by programming a really low linear input, with maybe 40% the maximum value.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 AM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been thinking about it a bit. I should have said rates in the tx. This is because the gyro 'piro' rate is dependant upon the rate from your tx. If you're at a higher rate setting, the gyro is going to respond more quickly. Try reducing the rates to slow the gyro down.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scary, great choice. XPS system. Got it and the AP2000i on my helicam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in