Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters > TRM Power

TRM Power TRM Power - Toxic Al Factory Support Forum Worldwide. Any Product.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How much hp has the TRM G260PUH with the RJX Gasser Muffler or other?

Hi! Anyone know how much hp has the TRM G260PUH with the RJX Gasser Muffler or others in 13100 RPM?

Thanks a lot!
vosiacki is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

my 260 puh engine puts out aprox 5hp in full tune, i don't recommend running the engine over 12,600. the 231 can run up to 13,800 in rs spec tune and produce about the same power.Peace, Al
Toxic Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the Rc engines have the same?
Greatsteaks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have a dyno report on your motors. What length connecting rod do you use? What are your feelings for a RC motor over a PU motor? I really want to get a gasser but don't know where I want to get it from. Got a Trex 700E and sold it. I am not comfortable with the Lipo thing and have a good bit of experience with Gas motors. Plus I like the noise. I have several motors sitting as spares for my rc cars that I can use in a heli. Just have to figure out which one would be the best. Also thinking about putting a 3 or 5mm connecting rod in to the motor I chose with a stuffed +2mm crank.
I have a 2 bolt cy29.5 , TS 30.5 4 bolt, a Zen 27.2 and a cy26. all have been modded except for the 29. I do need to find a tuned pipe to run. I will not put a muffler on and choke my motors. Also why do you run such a high oil content. I run 22:1 to 25:1 and my motors stay near full tilt until the juice runs out. I know heli motors don't rev that high so why the high oil content?
Mega325 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can't comment on the rest of your query, I leave that to the engine experts, but as to the oil content, maybe I can explain a bit.

I suggest to my customers, most of which are NEW to gas power ANYTHING, to run 6 oz of oil to a gallon of gas or 20:1. This is to protect their engine while they learn HOW to tune their engine, knowing from experience with many hundreds of these customers that they like to fiddle and play with their needles, or unsuspectingly get an air leak from a bad or improperly installed insulator block and can't tell that their engine is running lean, but they can tell that it is vibrating...

If YOU, as the owner of the heli that you will be flying know HOW to tune your engine in a helicopter, using your favorite oil and mixture, then by all means DO SO. But if and when you find that things aren't quite working out the way you thought they SHOULD, then maybe follow some advice from those who have been there before.

I know a bit about running a gas engine in a helicopter. I suspect that what I know will NOT work too well in the car racing or goped circles, so I would ask those who have been running in those circles for awhile how THEY do it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree with what you are saying you can destroy these motors on one crank rotation if you go lean. I just saw a few posts where they were running 32:1 on 87. I was wondering how the motor wasn't knocking. Ya i used to play with needles until I learned what to do. Thank got it was a lean seize on a cheap motor. So if your running 20:1 that is where we are on the ground. no difference. I just have to figure out what I want to do heli wise and motor wise. I need to read more on the forum so I can pick the heli and see if it is worth using my motors or dropping the money for another.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've heard, but not seen myself, that some boat guys run up to 8 oz of oil, but then they're spinning at up to 16,000 RPM on the motor too...

Different application, different setup.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

got ya. It's like some of the ground guys run aviation gas because they say it idles better.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

HI, as far as the connecting rod goes i run the stk crank assembly since there no aftermarket rods available to my knowledge, i do dyno my engines on occassion for baseline # only ,peak #'s are not what i look for it is more of powerspread that i look at so the #'s can be decieving. I prefer the rc motor, the crank is better it's flywheel has better inertia , cooling effect and weighs the the same as a puh with all the add ons. The only tuned pipe i would use would be Hanson's,but you have to be careful setting it up to the correct length. I don't use a high oil content when once the motor is broken in. 40-50:1 is much lower then i run in my boats which is 16:1 .different oils will like to be and are formulated to be mixed at different ratio's. the sabre oil i use in the heli does not like to be mixed rich it has a tendency to get sloppy, it was designed to be mixed at 100:1 which i would never do. I run honda hp2 in my boats which loves to mixed at high ratios such as 20:1 16:1 with no ill effects, in fact I get more power. Peace, Al
Toxic Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the info Al. So the biggest thing I should do is find which motor works the best with the pipes available. Al you can get up to +6mm rods man. Trevor sometimes uses +3mm in his motors. Here is the link.
http://www.syndicateperformance.com/...21ef419fb8583e

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in