Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I just ordered one. :)

I just ordered the last HPFPv2 that helidirect had. I also ordered a set of super blades XP. I am going to leave it stock for a while (Other than the blades) I am eventually going to go brushless and what not and i might change out the frame with the BLADE SR's frame, But i want to see how durable the HB's main frame is first. I am looking forword to flying it though. I am also going to buy an orange RX soon so i can set it up on my new DX6i. I hope i really enjoy this heli.

Oh, And can you use 3 servos on this heli for the cyclic? And not just 2? Because i have 3 close to new e-flite ds75's that i would like to use in this heli to improve it.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Huey,
The Honey Bee is a fixed pitch helicopter which means that the rotor blades do not change pitch......they are fixed in position to allow lift.
Like a real scale helicopter, a collective pitch rc helicopter has a system of linkages in the rotor head that are designed to change the pitch of the blades to cause lift, or decrease it. That 3rd. servo plays a big part in that process.
CP helis also have a servo for the tail rotor system that changes the pitch of the blades to hold your heading or change direction. The Honey Bee uses a change in blade speed to accomplish this.

You don't need/or can use a 3rd. servo.

You will enjoy the Honey Bee. It takes awhile to get used to it but you'll get there. If I can do it anybody can!

Then you'll be wanting a CP heli!

The Bee's frame is pretty strong unless you slam it into the side of a house like I did, or try to do a loop and plant it in the ground like someone else on here did!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I know all of that, I have a B450 and i know how to fly CP helis veary well. I cant do 3D, But i can fly. I am only getting the HBFP just to have a small heli to fly around and i like how thy are so simple. I was wondering if you can use a 3rd servo just becuase i would think you would have better controll if there was a 3rd servo.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. (Just noticed your signature).

I don't think there's any way to add a 3rd. servo. The HB is just not designed for it.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Almost all 4ch helis (fp mostly) only use 2 servos on the swash.
There seems to be no need to use more. You would have to use a cp3 swash and custom mixing with flat 50% pitch curve. This will only be able to bee done after spektrumizing.

Easier than that... Faster, stronger, more accurate servos. Will have the same effect with much less effort.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. (Just noticed your signature).

I don't think there's any way to add a 3rd. servo. The HB is just not designed for it.
You did not insalt me, I just get tired of reading stuff like that overtime.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemo View Post
Almost all 4ch helis (fp mostly) only use 2 servos on the swash.
There seems to be no need to use more. You would have to use a cp3 swash and custom mixing with flat 50% pitch curve. This will only be able to bee done after spektrumizing.

Easier than that... Faster, stronger, more accurate servos. Will have the same effect with much less effort.
Yeah, All the FP helis i have seen only have 2 servos. I just thought that only haveing 2 servos to the swash would make the swash sloppy. But now that i remember, When i had my 120SR it did not have any sloppy-ness in the swash with only 2 servos. So there really is no need for a 3rd servo. Sometimes i wish i would think before i asked. lol

Also do any of you guys have the super blades XP? I ordered a set at the same time i ordered my HBFPV2. I hear thay make the HBFPV2 fly alot better. But do thay really? And are they easy to put on?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the ez's on mine. They really helped me when I started trying to fly my Bee. I couldn't keep it in the air long enough to "get a feel for it". ez's are great for hovering. I have two sets of xp blades but didn't like them only because I don't think I was ready for them.

Now that I've gotten better I could probably switch back to the xp's since they're best for fast forward flying. One thing I can say for sure is that either kind is tough! I've crashed countless times and never broken a blade.

They are simple to install, there's a video on their website if you need it.

Another thing I can recommend is the Super Skids. Get a set to replace your stock ones when they break. (and they will!). They're better then stock but will still break if you crash hard enough.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I switched from stock to the EZ blades after a couple of weeks of frustration, and they were a great help immediately. A month or so later I switched to XP's and now like them even better. I think I could have gone straight to them and skipped the EZ's, but I guess I'll never know now. XP's are definitely easier to maintain FF, but the EZ's aren't too shabby at this either. I made up another Bee out of spare parts a few weeks ago, and it flies just fine with the old EZ blades--I just notice it has a little tendency to rear backwards if you back off forward elevator at all.
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well my HBFP V2 will be here tomarrow, I cant wait. If tf is calm out and not snowing tomarrow i will definitally fly it for a little bit. But before i do that i will slap my superblade xp's on it, Because i hear the stock blades are crap. I will also be useing the stock electronics for a while, Untill i get an orange RX for my DX6i.

I am really looking forword to flying it though.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Snow is fine, only wind is a problem.

Has anyone ever maidened a heli when snowing? That would be special!
robbancs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have fun with it!

Here's to a great maiden flight!
Old 12-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well i flew it today and... It sux. Stock anyways. I put my superblades on and it made a world or difference with stability but i hate the build it gyro. My tail is allways wagging and it is allways moveing. It never holds stedy. So i am going to order a HH gyro for it, But i have one question. Can you put a HH gyro on this heli with the stock 4in1?

Last edited by UHx1xHuey; 12-29-2011 at 03:39 PM..
UHx1xHuey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See VL'S guide to adding an external gyro.
there is much more info and guides like this in the stickies
Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi UHIH. If the tail is always wagging it sounds like it is not correctly set up and will make flying difficult. When correctly set up the HBFP will hover nicely with "hands off" the Tx for around 5 seconds or even longer.

Click on this link to see VLs excellent tutorial on setting up the standard gyro.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=188133

You might also find it useful to read some of the other stickies at the top of the HBFP page on setting up your heli - they'll save you a fortune in time and money and you'll be enjoying flying much more quickly.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=182435

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How do u set it up? I dont even know what both "pots" do. And that is stupid you cant just plug in a gyro, You have to do a crap load of modding.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yep you gotta do all that modding to the rx side of the 4in1 if you want to use an external gyro

the "pro" pot adjusts the head speed to tail speed ratio. The "gain" pot is the gyro gain.
Ideally you want the tail to be as still as possible with the gain at 0, you can acheive this by adjusting the pro pot till its near perfect (this is like setting the neutral point in rate mode on the blade 450). then just like any other gyro you want the gain as high as possible without tail wag.
Done.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, I just looked in the book and seen the 2nd pot was the gain. I should be able to set it up now. Now i just have to wait untill it is nice out again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in