Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used liquid electrical tape to hold fix my lg breaks, it holds well enough and still flexes after its dry. However I would still love to see a more durable lg thats at least close to the same weight as stock. double the weight is unacceptable to me.
xchristheisx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default question on older thread re: nano landing gear fixing..

Anyone know a good way to get a broken off mounting pin out of the frame by chance?
jasonbrent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The one time that happened to me I snagged it out with the tip of an x-acto knife. If that didn't work I'd drill it out with a micro drill bit.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright.. I was trying to get it out with the tip of an xacto.. and then tweezerman's sharpest pointed tweezers...and I tried a finger drill to drill it out, but the smallest I had was 1/16 with just a teeny bit too big... and now a toothpick (pointed end) is theoretically setting with a teeny bit of CA to hopefully pull it out.

Sounds like I'm on the normal course.. and may be successful. :-)

Thanks!

-jbl
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: stronger landing gear

I've had great success with drilling. You can get some really thin bits at any hardware store cheap. Go for something smaller than 1/16 and when you drill it make sure you are going into the pin and not between the pin and the hole. You don't have to go very deep maybe 1/8 to 3/16 in then just pull it out. Hope that helps.

Sent from mu phone usin mu dumb thumbs.
crockettjb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks folk. I will need to get a thinner bit for future.. for now, I just used the 1/16 finger drill to clean out that post about halfway deep (got tired of drilling). That's enough to fit the replacement gear in "tight enough" for now.

I'm using this thing as a less-costly trainer for my other more costly helis to get less scared to fly them (trex 450, blade 400, blade CP and blade CP pro)... Don't care too terribly much about a less than perfect
fit.

Love the nano tho; my favorite so far other than my trex... (fit/finish being primary driver there!).

-jbl
Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

It's easy. I take a small screw. Like the screws for the 3in1 or servos. My work bench is litter with them from all these micro helicopters.

Just start a little pilot hole using the hobby knife. Then screw in the small screw. It's self threading. Once it's bite enough. Just use a pair of plier to grab onto the screw and pull the broken stub out.

It so much more sure than a drill bit that wobbles and potentially dangerous to you and the heli.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
It's easy. I take a small screw. Like the screws for the 3in1 or servos. My work bench is litter with them from all these micro helicopters.

Just start a little pilot hole using the hobby knife. Then screw in the small screw. It's self threading. Once it's bite enough. Just use a pair of plier to grab onto the screw and pull the broken stub out.

It so much more sure than a drill bit that wobbles and potentially dangerous to you and the heli.
Ah! Thank you. I feel dumb for not thinking of that. :-)

-jbl
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the stock skids, cut the skid supports about one half to two thirds of the way up from the skids, and reattach with short pieces of heat shrink. This will allow the supports to flex and will minimize breakage. The heat shrink with adhesive on the interior works best.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in