Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Buddy Box for the First Time

I got to buddy box my hubby's friends' Heli on Sunday. I've never flown anything bigger than my mcpx before this. I was surprised how responsive it was and was easier than I thought. Of course in the beginning of this video it is Josh flying. I think it is a Vibe 50. Then I take over and just hover a bit. I was soo nervous! Then he takes back over.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!!! Im proud of you Sweetheart!!! Now its time for some forward flight
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aww thanks for the reply baby! I should have tried a pyro!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The buddy box is a great invention... I just started forward flight on my msr... I ain't ready yet for a cp heli just because they scare me lol... I seen the horror videos.... I am currently building me a B400 so maybe by time I get it finished I be ready lol,...

Good hovering... Hovering takes time to learn and prefect.... So go at the speed you are comfortable at cause I know I am... I am better with planes I can 3d them lol
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hear ya! I'm so scared to turn, but thankfully the mcpx is a trooper! lol I've put that thing into the ground so many times, my poor canopy! But I don't want to get a new canopy til I can forward fly without crashing every time. I think the trick for me is as long as I'm over grass with the mcpx I know it won't hurt it too bad so I can venture more.

We have an msr too, that thing is TOUGH to hover so if you're hovering that I bet you could hover an mcpx. I love your pink Heli! The guy who let me buddy box his big Heli gave me a pair of pink kbdd blades. They're already dirty though, of course. (^_^) I am definitely taking my time, but I also don't like using the simulator like I should.so maybe that's why I crash. I'm stubborn though. I can't wait til I can actually make a circle, let alone flip that thing! lol

You can do 3D with planes?! That sounds very cool. You should get someone to video your first flight when you get your B400 built. Its cool that you can do that. I don't know as much about the insides. My hubby spoils me a little, but he does make me clean my own servos & at least the easy stuff.

Well, good luck on your forward flight! We'll have to swap videos once we get it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

dang it my bf sign in grrr lol

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a video of me flying my epp yak 55 on my youtube page. I think I got some vid of me flying my msr at an indoor fly somewhere lol... I was like I am going to try forward flight on MSR so I did...

Well I got to fly my bf mcpx on bb today and forward flight is a little hard on CP, but was able to do a black flip I watched my bf do one and I was like I want to try that so he let me... I didn't crash

Yea with planes I try it on the sim then go out and try it at the field.. I can hover, rolls, flips, water falls, flat spin. Learning knife edge and torque rolls is the hard part...

I almost have my b400 complete all I need is a gyro, 3 servos, and ESC.

G luck to you to... Hope to see some vid soon.
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just met a guy yesterday that offered to buddy box with me

Where I usuallybfly the guys just don't believe in it. They want you to have to learn the hard way......"like they did. " Whatever, I just want to be able to try new things without that fear that makes my hands shake!

-Tam
Old 03-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrcgirl09 View Post
I have a video of me flying my epp yak 55 on my youtube page. I think I got some vid of me flying my msr at an indoor fly somewhere lol... I was like I am going to try forward flight on MSR so I did...
Cool! What's your YouTube Channel? We've been planning on doing another video, and after this past week of Beautiful weather, I think it might actually be worth watching a lil of this time. he he Although its supposed to rain this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrcgirl09 View Post
Well I got to fly my bf mcpx on bb today and forward flight is a little hard on CP, but was able to do a black flip I watched my bf do one and I was like I want to try that so he let me... I didn't crash
OMG! You did a flip AND you didn't crash? That is awesome! I can't wait for that day. Hopefully by the end of the summer. I told my hubby about you bbing the mcpx and he had never thought of that either. So we are going to get the wire so we can try that. yay!

You can do a lot with a plane. Wow. I'll check out your youtube page.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam_T View Post
I just met a guy yesterday that offered to buddy box with me

Where I usuallybfly the guys just don't believe in it. They want you to have to learn the hard way......"like they did. " Whatever, I just want to be able to try new things without that fear that makes my hands shake!

-Tam
ME TOO! It's almost like doing a simulator to practice only you get to practice how it feels in real life without effin up an expensive heli. I was sooo nervous. I had no idea what it would feel like and to start out IN the air was weird too. Now that I've tried the big heli, I can't wait to learn more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in