Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is great! I will be excited to see a movie sometime. I was given the go ahead by the wife to get a nano. It was part of my Christmas present, even though I will not be able to pick it up until Saturday at the earliest. This will likely be the first mod I make.
HeliStorm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
That is great! I will be excited to see a movie sometime.
https://vimeo.com/56302524
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 04:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good. Sounds like good solution for people that bought a nano who really are at mcx skill levels.
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a set of MSR blades and fitted them on the bird. Do I keep them stock or is there a trim involved as they will not fold back like the stockers !
Do not want to to tear the head up in the event of an un-planned touch-down !
Old 12-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM23 View Post
Just bought a set of MSR blades and fitted them on the bird. Do I keep them stock or is there a trim involved as they will not fold back like the stockers !
Just really interested to see what exactly diferences you note when using msr blades or walkera cb100 baldes on the nano... what they make to the heli exactlly!

I guess no 3D hardore stunts, but for newbies that's not a problem! but what more ?
targetingxmod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
Just really interested to see what exactly diferences you note when using msr blades or walkera cb100 baldes on the nano... what they make to the heli exactlly!

I guess no 3D hardore stunts, but for newbies that's not a problem! but what more ?
Will await advice per my previous post question regarding blade modification before launching it w/ the MSR blades.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
I did not trim them. Cutting small piece to make them foldable is not a problem. I did it many times while flying mSR.

I just widened a hole for the screw.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
post No 6:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=6
Old 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #29 (permalink)

After few more days of flying my two Nanos with mSR blades... I did not break any part, motors are still strong...

If you keep crashing Nano try mSR blades

Outdoor I was able to make a loop with those blades in idle up. Inverted hover is not possible.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
After few more days of flying my two Nanos with mSR blades... I did not break any part, motors are still strong...

If you keep crashing Nano try mSR blades

Outdoor I was able to make a loop with those blades in idle up. Inverted hover is not possible.
Definitely working for me ! Just had to hog out the blade holes a bit and good to go.
Works well indoors and out for me as I am new to CP birds. Kind of backing in to this little critter I guess !
Old 12-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

This really tames it down!

Perfect to learn indoows on.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Definitely working for me ! Just had to hog out the blade holes a bit and good to go.
Works well indoors and out for me as I am new to CP birds. Kind of backing in to this little critter I guess !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
This really tames it down!
Perfect to learn indoors on.
I am glad I could help

I do not think this mod is only for newbies... It could be also great way to run in new motors without burning them quick.

RC car users used to do this with their brushed motors...
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is not very good for 3d at all. It makes it really hard unless you are outdoors. It is great for flying circuits and FP type training though.

My friend is looking for heli for his dad. Thanks to this mod he is considering a nano cpx, but with msr blades to start with just for orientation and what not. If you could make an MCPX motor fit, this would be the perfect FP trainer.

I always wanted a collective pitch MSRX. The nano cpx w/msr blades is exactly that. The best part is even though these blades are not 3d capable, you can still do loops and stuff.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Me the LHS dude and his friend picked up the blades to try today hope it works!
iamfor3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchilds View Post
This is not very good for 3d at all. It makes it really hard unless you are outdoors. It is great for flying circuits and FP type training though.

My friend is looking for heli for his dad. Thanks to this mod he is considering a nano cpx, but with msr blades to start with just for orientation and what not. If you could make an MCPX motor fit, this would be the perfect FP trainer.

I always wanted a collective pitch MSRX. The nano cpx w/msr blades is exactly that. The best part is even though these blades are not 3d capable, you can still do loops and stuff.
Have you tried the MSRX blades? If you really want an MSRX the MSRX blades would work great. I use them one of my nanos and it flies exactly like my MSRX only better. I am running it fixed pitch though. Tried your suggestion of MSR blades and even ordered some CB100 blades and cant see why anyone would want that. Sure you get really low head speeds but on both my nanos are extremely twitchy with these blades and I spent alot of time with setup as I really wanted it to work.

MSRX blades for me!
linklemming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW I can fly Msr Blades are awesome for flying indoors in my 8'x12' kitchen as a begenner Thanks for info +100
iamfor3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just passed this info on to a guy at the store today.

Awesome info ty again.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by linklemming View Post
Have you tried the MSRX blades? If you really want an MSRX the MSRX blades would work great. I use them one of my nanos and it flies exactly like my MSRX only better. I am running it fixed pitch though. Tried your suggestion of MSR blades and even ordered some CB100 blades and cant see why anyone would want that. Sure you get really low head speeds but on both my nanos are extremely twitchy with these blades and I spent alot of time with setup as I really wanted it to work.

MSRX blades for me!
So going to try it tonight. I've got all kinda MSRX parts laying around. MSRX blades are more 3d than asymetrical blades too. I think they might go inverted with collective pitch???

I like the stock blades. They rock and are very agile. I don't like having speed w/out the ability to cock the heli 90 degrees instantly against a wall and draft back off it. I haven't tried MSRX because I was busy upgrading to brushless and the OP mentioned they suck lol.

I've been having fun running a MSRX glow tail, glow fin, and MSR glow blades. At about 65% head speed it makes the nano fly all day and very slowly/precisely and centered. Great for flying in a pitch black living room.

Has anyone tried the MSR blades intended for inverted flight? Curious to see what happens but don't have a set to destroy
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

I am so glad you share good experience with my mod. Should we ask to make this thread "sticky"?

I have two Nano's and did not break any parts after over 200 flights with them using mSR blades...

Main motors are still strong as new. I use DX4e and I ude "Lo" rates and trim throttle to minimum. It can additionally lower main rotor RPM.

I have found Solo Pro V2 tail rotor blades work best with this mod.

I also received today silicon orings 001 and 002 size and highly recomend them.

Here you'll find details:
http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...copter_O-rings

Outdoor I will put original blades for 3D, but indoors I prefer mSR's blades.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
I am so glad you share good experience with my mod. Should we ask to make this thread "sticky"?
I'm up for that, I'd suggest a name change though to reflect, easier flying, indoor, noob friendly etc
toys2cars2toys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in