Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what size screws for 9180 s

Hi all,,iam wanting to use scocket cap screws to hold my servo arms onto the 9180 servos but,my 3mm screws that came with my heli kit dont seem to fit..
Can anyone tell me what size screws are used to hold the servo arms onto the 9180 servos...
(useing seacraft servo arms too) ty for any help
hawkeye690 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever get this resolved?

I just received a brand new Torq BL9180 & the supplied M3 servo wheel hold-down screws wont even start on the threads. I checked for any chamfer burr but there was none. I have a bunch of these servos & the threads all work fine. With magnification it almost looks like a either a smaller thread or different thread. But if so, why the same M3 bolt included?

So I'm working on returning it now. I didn't want to bugger around & end up messing up threads, thus buying myself a new servo.

Just wondering if a bad batch got out or they were changing things? Seems weird. The servo case & all other details seem the same.
petertha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Answering my own thread. I heard back from Rotorquest today. Apparently Outrage/Torq has changed the output shaft internal screw thread from M3 to M2.5. But they just never bothered to replace the included M3 screws with the smaller ones which makes things a bit confusing.
petertha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought 3 9180 servos off the forms and 2 of the servos had new gears installed, which is when I noticed they must have changed it to a 2.5mm bolt. Now I have 2 servos 2.5 and 1 servo at 3mm bolt

I'm glad I saw this post to confirm this thought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in