Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default new warp some issues

Hello,

I helped a flying buddy setup his warp. Dont get me wrong, I love this heli and I would recommend it to anyone. Its my dayly practice heli and flies simply awsome. Im adressing these issues in hope it wont happen in the future and/or someone else that is newly building.

-The oneway was mounted the wrong way in the hub! Fixed but damaged bearings a little, new part nessesary.

-Also the kit includes the 19t tail. Should be 17t, the box also said 17t. We noticed this in flight. Very poor tail performance at 2200-2400 rpm. Please compass keep the 19t as an upgrade, this heli is superb with 17t. New part nessesary

-Also please fix the tail servo horn suggested spacing for the ball to 10mm for micro and 8mm for mini servos.

-The manual also still doesnt make note of the 4 washers you have to place on the skidholders. They are included. The bolts are too long and you can tighten all you want but skids wont hold.

-Please dont predrill the canopy if there are 2 ways of mounting. Most predrill anyway.

-maingear and tailgear (front) need sanding to get a non warped maingear and straight tail gear.
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
-Also the kit includes the 19t tail. Should be 17t, the box also said 17t. We noticed this in flight. Very poor tail performance at 2200-2400 rpm. Please compass keep the 19t as an upgrade, this heli is superb with 17t. New part nessesary
IMHO, even though the Warp flies very well at low HS, I doubt that the intended everyday flight envelope includes anything under 2600RPM. This is a 450, not a 550... 19T should be stock and people flying outside of the common flight envelope of 2600-3200 on a 450 should have to purchase an extra part not everyone else.

If everyday use was intended to be under 2600 rpm they would have included a lower kV motor or smaller pinion.

The other stuff is good, especially the canopy holes and the ball spacing on the tail servo.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is good info, finishing my first warp build. The white ring on the maingear is still slightly warped, the screws that hold the canopy bottom clip are missing, but otherwise its an engineering marvel!

TheMark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

"The white ring on the maingear is still slightly warped,"

I just replaced one of these (pulley flanges). Mine appeared to be warped also. As it turns out, there was a small amount of flash from the molding process that prevented the flange from laying down flat.

I removed that, and the flange is nice and flat now.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: new warp some issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post

I just replaced one of these (pulley flanges). Mine appeared to be warped also. As it turns out, there was a small amount of flash from the molding process that prevented the flange from laying down flat.

Exactly what I meant, thank you
Old 06-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post

I found that also, pulled it apart, cleaned it up... but its still not perfect all the way around. Maybe I'm being too picky but the machine is a work of art minus this part.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

TheMark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2014, 04:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

This part has some flex, it's quite flimsy. Maybe with a bit of pressure in the area it stands out.
On the other day i´ve put my Warp as it comes in the box, removing the white flange. It looks even better like this.
I know someone is still flying it's Warp like this (first prototypes didn't had it) and had no issues, but the Belt can't be run extra loose like this.
I'm not advising you to do so, not at all. But it's something i will test on mine
Old 06-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sanding both flanges on a glass plate really makes a lot of difference. Vibs where noticeable less also but that's logical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in