Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BeastX or Travel Adjust??

In attempting to not let my servos over-travel, I've adjusted the travel adjust on the DX6i.
Only problem is that seems to have the effect of slowing down the travel speed, kind of like the dual-rate feature.
Am I supposed to be adjusting a BeastX AR7200BX parameter to keep the servos from over traveling? The servo I am particularly referring to is the rudder servo/tail pitch slider.
Should I be running my radio travel adjusts at 100% for all of the channels?
I'm still running the stock Settings on my Blade 500 X from HH.
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Travel adjustments are set in the BeastX setup, not the transmitter.

For the most part, the transmitter is telling the BeastX how fast you want to flip/roll/piro, not directly the servo travel. So decreasing the travel of the transmitter cyclic will reduce those rates.

This isn't 100% true, Pot 2 will feed some cyclic stick into the servos--not too sure how that works.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sutty will surely chime in. He's from the UK and is probably sleeping right now, you'll probably see a write up from him tomorrow, he's a fantastic beastX guy!,
Old 09-11-2014, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
Travel adjustments are set in the BeastX setup, not the transmitter.

For the most part, the transmitter is telling the BeastX how fast you want to flip/roll/piro, not directly the servo travel. So decreasing the travel of the transmitter cyclic will reduce those rates.
Yes that's exactly what it's doing. It is slowing down the travel response rate. But what I really want to do is adjust the end point of the servo travel.
Thanks. You guys are da bomb! Appreciate the info!
Old 09-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was asleep, and now at work, but I can't really add much to what Ahahn has said, other than perhaps to repeat it. Travel adjusts in the radio have absolutely no bearing on how far the servos move. The position limiting steps in the MB set-up are step E for the tail, step K for the collective and step L for the cyclic. Once these are set, as long as you made sure there could be no binding, there is nothing you can do, at the transmitter end, or anywhere else for that matter, to cause it to over drive, as the MB will never output a signal to the servos greater than what you allowed for at these particular steps.

Also as ahahn said, the travel adjusts in the Tx are used to control the rates that the MB will attempt to deliver. If it sees a big signal it will try to rotate quickly. If it sees a little signal it will try to rotate slowly, and that's really all there is to it.

There is perhaps more to say about what flight mode you choose to fly in, and for Tx based travel adjustments to be most effective you probably need to be in Tx mode, but there is a lot of additional information to say here, and I don't have time whilst at work. Just do a search on travel adjusts, or similar, and you should find lots of historical posts from us all that go into great detail.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thanks a lot for the info.. I'll get into the BeastX settings and check it out.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally went into the BeastX settings and also actually created a new model on my DX6i.
However, now when I initialize the unit to fly, the BeastX just keeps beeping continuously after the normal tones it plays when power is applied.
What am I missing?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The BeastX only runs its LED's during the initialization period - it doesn't make any sounds - nor have the capability to do so. The sounds you hear are generated by the ESC, and are played through the motor. What ESC do you have? Its probably looking for a valid throttle signal or endpoint setup.

Also, if you created a new model in your radio, you'll need to go through the entire BeastX and ESC endpoint setup.

Depending on your reasons for creating a new model, it may be easier if you rebind to your original model position and let us help you from that point. edit - just reread your first post...Blade 500X.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's the same stock ESC it came with (minus one capacitor, lol)
Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is your throttle channel reverse setting on the new model the opposite of what is was on the old one? If so the esc thinks you are powering up at high stick and going into programming mode. That is all the beeps you're hearing.
marc8090 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, throttle normal in transmitter.. Per the book.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is always best to bind with TH off and the throttle stick at zero. Also be sure TH is set to 10 for a DX6i transmitter. It is a bug in the DX6i. TH=0 is lower than the other throttle curves when they are set to zero.

Ir may also have something to do with the "safe" feature in the AR7200BX too. There can be some strange interactions between the transmitter, AR7200BX, and ESC if the binding values of throttle are not zero.

I can't be sure of this, but since you indicate this is a new "feature" of making a new model in the DX6i, I am suspicious it is somehow related.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahahn View Post
It is always best to bind with TH off and the throttle stick at zero. Also be sure TH is set to 10 for a DX6i transmitter. It is a bug in the DX6i. TH=0 is lower than the other throttle curves when they are set to zero.
Yes, that could be it.. I had read somewhere that some radio's "0" isn't true zero. But I didn't know that about a DX6i. I'll set TH to "10"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in