Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ok so if I move it to 51% that will kick in the gyro. What I don't understand is why it would fly so seemingly well with out using the gyro. Dead on heading with zero tail wag and turns in nicely etc. My gyro has several modes in it including avcd or something. Not sure what that meant. I didn't read the entire book b
Psgatlanta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Space - My experience has been everytime I try to take the next step I discover I need more space to learn. I tried to start hovering in my backyard and garage but tipped over in the grass and hit stuff in the garage. I learned in a parking lot and now hover in my garage all the time with no problems.

I tried some forward flight in a school grass area but paniced when I got to close to stuff I really wasn't all that close to.

I'm going to try a larger park and/or school.

E-fanatic's space look ideal.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I mean, I have 1/2 acre in my front yard and 1/2 acre in my back. Thing is though, there is a huge tree in the middle of my back, and there is only reall 1/4 acre usable space of my front yard. And there are no fields near by really.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have found lots of uses for empty office building parking lots in Atlanta. I get out if work at 5 and so do they. So means pleanty of open space. Crashing on pavement or grass costs the same. Lol
Old 05-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psgatlanta View Post
I have found lots of uses for empty office building parking lots in Atlanta. I get out if work at 5 and so do they. So means pleanty of open space. Crashing on pavement or grass costs the same. Lol
I found if you are still using the training balls that unexpected landing are less costly on concrete. When you his the grass the heli stop instantly but when I hit concrete the bird has a greater tendency to slide on the balls.
heliwally is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronm3313 View Post
E-fanatic - I am impressed. What TX were you using?
Thanks, Its the futaba 2.4 7C
E-fanatic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why the SR is awesome

Grass is always cheaper to crash on.

The ground absorbs the blade energy much better

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok so if I move it to 51% that will kick in the gyro. What I don't understand is why it would fly so seemingly well with out using the gyro. Dead on heading with zero tail wag and turns in nicely etc. My gyro has several modes in it including avcd or something. Not sure what that meant. I didn't read the entire book b
Start by reading the book then tell us how you are setting up your gyro. There are a few methods...

51% is possibly a very small amount of HH depending on your setup method. I was aiming to get mine up over 60% for an appreciable benefit.

Helicopters will fly without gyros if you get the mechanical setup of the tail right.
Pigskin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I finally got some time to go through the book and well, I have no answer. I took it to the lhs and had the guru guy look at it and all was fine - Only I had to move the servos to the inside of the frame to prevent binding. Did all that.

All I know is the settings it is on now, it flies so absolutely fantastic that I'm not going to even mess with it. Hold is perfect, tail wag is minimal, even on big throttle/pitch inputs that make it jump up altitude quick . It still holds steady. I have no idea, but it flies fantastic.

If this thing is any hint as to how a 500 would fly - I can see one in the very near future....

http://web.me.com/snobbig/Snobbig/Welcome.html
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0laris View Post
Grass is always cheaper to crash on.

The ground absorbs the blade energy much better
+1, grass is waaay better than concrete. Concrete chews up blades, snaps plastic, grass helps absorb the impact.
Trex 500 ESP
nuke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke View Post
+1, grass is waaay better than concrete. Concrete chews up blades, snaps plastic, grass helps absorb the impact.
Say that to my 80 dollar lighter wallet . I even landed on a turf farm(thick soft burmuda grass) I now need another $80 to fix it from the swash that separated yesterday afternoon
Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I finally got some time to go through the book and well, I have no answer. I took it to the lhs and had the guru guy look at it and all was fine - Only I had to move the servos to the inside of the frame to prevent binding. Did all that.

All I know is the settings it is on now, it flies so absolutely fantastic that I'm not going to even mess with it. Hold is perfect, tail wag is minimal, even on big throttle/pitch inputs that make it jump up altitude quick . It still holds steady. I have no idea, but it flies fantastic.

If this thing is any hint as to how a 500 would fly - I can see one in the very near future....
Glad you got it flying good. I had mine that way before I set it down on its head the other day. Now I have a 450 at the house that I just got finshed working on. The 450 is 10X more stable and smooth. Yet when pushed is more adgile Flying the 450 this morning was like flying in slow motion other than it eats up realistate faster From what I hear a 500 is 2x more stable and smoother than a 450. I think you will be in for a treat.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I was kidding about grass vs concrete. I usually only have parking lots to fly in.... But we'll see how they crash in sand today... LOL headed to the beach

Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-fanatic View Post
Glad you got it flying good. I had mine that way before I set it down on its head the other day. Now I have a 450 at the house that I just got finshed working on. The 450 is 10X more stable and smooth. Yet when pushed is more adgile Flying the 450 this morning was like flying in slow motion other than it eats up realistate faster From what I hear a 500 is 2x more stable and smoother than a 450. I think you will be in for a treat.
Oh man, I was watching some videos of the 500 earlier - found that for under $600 they have the complete combo kits on helipross.com. Too bad there are so many responsibilities.... haha

Old 05-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, I was kidding about grass vs concrete. I usually only have parking lots to fly in.... But we'll see how they crash in sand today... LOL headed to the beach
I would imagine that salt water and sand would not do your heli any favors. Personally, I would grab a large alcoholic beverage to watch though... lol
ElectricPower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I tail touched my 3d plane in the ocean. We also had the ultra micro 4site and the MSR out there and th esand didnt do it any favors
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-fanatic View Post
I tail touched my 3d plane in the ocean. We also had the ultra micro 4site and the MSR out there and th esand didnt do it any favors
Yeah I'm gonna have to say F no to the beach with these things - way too windy and the sand freaks me out. I'm sure there is somewhere around here...

Old 05-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yeah I'm gonna have to say F no to the beach with these things - way too windy and the sand freaks me out. I'm sure there is somewhere around here...
Its easy for me as I live and work at the beach
Old 05-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Intreasting thread...

however... I disagree.. I think the SR is a giant pile of monkey poo to be candid. I have had it...

The head is sloppy, parts are expensive, it is NOT that stable, the tail motors last about 15 min, the tail motor and tail hold just flat out suck...

I was sceptical from day one, but decided to go ahead and pick one up for my daughter to learn CP on; turns out a 450Pro, Trex250, or even my 4G6 is more stable and is better suited for beginner flight.

Sorry to rant.. I just am upset about the whole "next step" thing.
Gadflyii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in