Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > ELY.Q - Vision 50

ELY.Q - Vision 50 ELY.Q Vision 50 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SG Reactor X2+V50c Installation

Well as you guys can tell i havent been posting very much i have been very busy flying as much as possible ect... I want to talk about the Scott Gray Reactor X2. This regulator IS top notch which supplys Unregulated or Regulated power at a constant 16amps! I was running the Align 2n1 which is nice as it has a remote glo and a battery meter. But what i had found on the bench was very worrying. The 2n1 tops out at 6 amps. I was running this into my 3gx FBL sytem which then provides all the power to the servos. I found that if i worked all the sticks on the bench for 10-20 seconds i could make my satts Brown Out causing no control for a brief period of time and the 2n1 was HOT!! this was no good so i had to look for other options. SG Reactor X2 was found!!! Below are pictures of installing whith notes included.

I have flown about 20 flights with the reactor x2 and works flawlessly. I can really feel the difference as the servos keep there constant speed threwout the flight as the 16amps is more then enough to power my system. Now there is NO voltage display. What i have done is flew 2 flights charged the battery and took the MAH divided it by 2 which gave me a general pull for each flight. The i took that and divided into the mah of 70% of my battery which gives me the flights i can fly safely. This unit is exspensive BUT as you know in this hobby you get what you pay for. For any questions post away!!!

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi there mate i have 1 of these on my 600n am i better off setting it to 6.8v as its on 6v at moment and would it be perfectly safe for my servos that are futaba rated at both 4.8v and 6v thanks tel
dieselcarb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes i talked to scott himself as i was a little scared! But he imformed me that any 6v rated servo should be ran at 6.8 and 4.8 servos at 6v. hope this helps! if you have any more wuestions feel free to ask

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey man. Funny you say this as today i briefly lost control of my heli luckly i was only up 7ft and I got it down safely. I checked the heli over nothing wrong. So I can deffo say its the reg. I had had all the same symtoms as you have had.

Mite go for the scot grey reg or ill get a gryphon reg.

Hows things anyway? My flying has been stop start with the weather. And two weeks ago my I had a small crash.
scottishlad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

MAN! good to talk to you again! weather been hit and miss. I finally got the new v50e so been busy getting it ready to go its a REALLY nice design and helicopter!!! My advice get the SG Reactor X2 and never worry about power again! Its exspensive but well worth the money plus has a 3 year warrenty!!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeorheli? View Post
Yes i talked to scott himself as i was a little scared! But he imformed me that any 6v rated servo should be ran at 6.8 and 4.8 servos at 6v. hope this helps! if you have any more wuestions feel free to ask
I would exercise extreme caution doing this. I thought I was safe running my 6v servo on a unregulated LiFePO4 battery. That was until I watched my V50C doing an uncontrolled backflip into the ground after a elevator servo failure. That was my 5th flight on it just sport flying around.

I know you have the people that have been "doing for years" without trouble, but when you call Futaba, they will tell you 4.8v means 4.8v and 6v means 6v. Do what you will, I'm just glad I only hurt my heli.

Cheers!
wishfull1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Running them at 6.8 is not unregulated. I fully charger 6v battery can be up at 6.8 range. I would never run my servos at a dangerous voltage for a extra .01 sec if that.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I said I was running a unregulated LiFEPO4 A123 battery, which is 6.6 volts nominal. It pretty much the same as your regulated 6.8 volts.

Futaba frowns upon anything over rated voltage. I called and asked. They said 6 volt only and 4.8 v for my tail servo. I was running 4.8 v on the tail anyway with a couple diodes in line. Hell.. don't even ask about the 617FS rx, you will get the same story. 6 volt only.

Do what you want, but thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Regulated at 6 volt from now on for me.
wishfull1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well ordered my scot grey reg. Comes 2moro bring on this wkends flyng cannot wait?
scottishlad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in