Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good info!! Thanks All!

TRex 500, HK 450GT, Mad Hawk 300, Blade mSR, Parkzone P-47
scoobiemario is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have a problem you can always mail them and they will help.

Support site: http://www.phoenix-sim.com/support.htm
Sim manual c:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\manual\EN\
Creator manual c:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\phoenixCreator\manual\
puzom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

DX6i

This works for me when flying PLANES and getting gear + flaps to work OK:

1)
Create new Acro model in DX6i (call it CALIACRO or something as you will be using this for calibration in the sim only), leave all DX6i settings default except Flaps, set that to 0=0% and 1=100%

2)

Use CALIACRO model in DX6i and make sure switches are in their 0 position. Start PhoenixRC, add new controller and follow steps.
Make sure to apply the correct channels for gear and flaps in your Profile.
In this case you should get 100% flaps and gear etc.

Now you're set to pick any Acro setup you have in your DX6i and use it on the sim. Eg with dual rates, expo etc. set as you want it.
Note: all the d/r switches will not show up in the calibration process, but they do work. To test this, eg set your rudder to 70% d/r in position 0 and 100% in position 1, select "Your transmitter" from System menu in the sim, apply rudder and when you hit the rud d/r switch the bar should move to 100%.

Important tip: for calibration you should always use the CALIACRO, this way the sim knows all the correct max/min values. If you use a modified DX6i setup, the sim might read values wrong, e.g. when you have set Dual Rates, expo etc.

3)
For me it always worked best to create a new heli and plane profile for your transmitter in PhoenixRC.
Specially in 2.5V, as DX6i profile changes have been made.
To do so:

- Open the system > your controls menu from within Phoenix
- Click the New button
- Type a name for your radio
- Make sure that Quick Setup is highlighted
- Click Continue
- Follow the onscreen instructions to setup a new control profile

Last edited by puzom; 08-22-2010 at 02:22 PM..
puzom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a friend who is having trouble configuring his phoenix.

He flies mode one and has a Futaba 9ZHP. Can anyone shed light on how to setup the Phoenix for Mode one control?
ssrobzoom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Works great

New here and back flying after 17 years. Loaded Phoenix today with a dx6i tx and everything works great. Set up am msr and sr and they were a lot harder than the real ones. went in and set expo and sensitivity and now they fly like the real ones. this should be a great help for me and even the trims worked. I am loving this thing
SamF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepflying_jc View Post
Q: I can't get Phoenix to recognize my transmitter. It keeps telling me to reconnect or switch on my transmitter.

A: Don't forget to use the extra plug that converts the dongle from stereo input to mono input. Most transmitters only accept a mono plug.

("Oh! So that's what this extra little plug is for!!!)

Q: I'm still having trouble getting IdleUp/ThrottleHold to work correctly.

A: Do what Alan says in post #1!!!
- Make sure the software mapping (System>Your controls>"your transmitter">Edit) has the IdleUp and Throttle Hold input set to "Unmapped".
- In addition, make sure the software mapping matches your transmitter for Throttle and Collective pitch. For example, on a Futaba transmitter, Throttle input should be mapped to "Controller channel 3", and Collective Pitch input should be mapped to "Controller channel 6". This is because a Futaba system uses channel3 for Throttle and channel6 for Collective Pitch. (This was key for me, because I had both Throttle and CollectivePitch mapped to channel3, which is NOT correct.)
- Now use your transmitter, NOT the Phoenix software, to configure your IdleUp and ThrottleHold functions.

Just sharing my "stumbles" getting it to work, even after reading all your help.

- In addition, make sure the software mapping matches your transmitter for Throttle and Collective pitch. For example, on a Futaba transmitter, Throttle input should be mapped to "Controller channel 3", and Collective Pitch input should be mapped to "Controller channel 6". This is because a Futaba system uses channel3 for Throttle and channel6 for Collective Pitch. (This was key for me, because I had both Throttle and CollectivePitch mapped to channel3, which is NOT correct.)
- Now use your transmitter, NOT the Phoenix software, to configure your IdleUp and ThrottleHold functions.

I have a DX6i and believe this channel mapping could also be why 3d won't work for me. The SIM is assigning channel 1 for Collective Pitch and Throttle but I can't find what the tramsitter channel assignments.

Last edited by Linguistic; 10-04-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Linguistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguistic View Post

I have a DX6i and believe this channel mapping could also be why 3d won't work for me. The SIM is assigning channel 1 for Collective Pitch and Throttle but I can't find what the tramsitter channel assignments.
I was having a problem figuring out which channels were assigned, or should be assigned, on my DX8 also, When I plugged it in the throttle was set to 1 and pitch was set to 6.

I set throttle and pitch to 1, elevator 3, aileron 2 and rudder 4. I hope this is correct because the default setting were not working.
MulliganAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any suggestions on setting up a JR 11X?

====================

I just set up as DSX9 and followed the TheBum's instructions on p1 of this thread.

To get my Normal throttle curve to operate correctly, had to check the box in the model setup to use built-in throttle curve -- so NOR, ST-1 and ST-2 are all controlled by the 11X.

Also, since my Normal pitch curve is -5deg to +12deg (about 30% - 50% - 100%), I had to recalibrate the transmitter in ST-1 which has a linear curve from 0-100%.

Flight modes, and throttle hold worked perfectly after "unmapping" in the Sim TX settings as suggested.

Then I spent a lot of time fine tuning the physics of the 550E 3G model to match my 550E FBL Mini vBar heli. Got it pretty close. I'll keep tweaking.

Great thread guys! Thanks for all the help... and have to admit this is an awesome sim!

Last edited by see_e_oh; 10-27-2010 at 12:54 AM..
see_e_oh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 05:13 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX5e cable for Phoenix SIM

Somebody of you know how to do a cable to connect the Phoenix sim to a DX5e old (trainer port on the left side) ??
....type of connectors and electric connections i have to do

thanks in advance
gelatmi1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #90 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelatmi1 View Post
Somebody of you know how to do a cable to connect the Phoenix sim to a DX5e old (trainer port on the left side) ??
....type of connectors and electric connections i have to do

thanks in advance
I'm not sure what you mean by "old". Won't this one work?
http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/s...aptor-11-p.asp
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bum,

by old i mean

• Spektrum DX5e older-style with SIDE training port ("DX5e adaptor" required)

• Spektrum DX5e new-style with REAR training port (no adaptor required)

...the adaptor shown in your post is right but i'm not able to find it here in Italy so i need to make one by myself !!!!
gelatmi1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would it be possible for any one to explain in laymans terms how to get a DX7 to work with this sim???
flynnaire is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #93 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnaire View Post
Would it be possible for any one to explain in laymans terms how to get a DX7 to work with this sim???
If you've never set up a heli before, I'd suggest first watching Finless Bob's 101 videos in the first post in this thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692. Setting up Phoenix involves a lot of the same activities, especially with regard to radio programming.

Then you'll understand the setup steps in the first post of this particular thread.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default only 8 channels

hi all,i have an a9 on my sim but the sim only recognizes 8 channels even tho i have all switches assigned to a channel and recalibrated and set up new tx any ideas why?
thanks steve.
speedyboy9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #95 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyboy9 View Post
hi all,i have an a9 on my sim but the sim only recognizes 8 channels even tho i have all switches assigned to a channel and recalibrated and set up new tx any ideas why?
thanks steve.
Phoenix only supports 8 channels.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

that'l be why then thanks
speedyboy9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick question/clarification:
Brand New blade 400 3d and brand new phoenix sim, steps needed to fly sim:
1. Copy Model 1 Blade 400 to Model 2
2. Go to Model 2, change "Swash Type" to single servo 90deg.
3. Go through the Tx Calibration process in Sim
4. Pick Blade 400 out in Sim and fly....

What steps am I missing, and what changes need to be made in the Sim and TX to help tame the Blade 400 for a newbie flyer?

Thanks,
Rick
rickou812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks heaps for this post TB, I've got the sim scooting around the floor just like my 450 does, even has the same crashes.

A bit more sim time and I might even get the courage to spool up the 550.

Cheers
GW
Old 02-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Does anyone here have any problems with using a Walkera TX (WK-2403, WK-2603, WK-2801 Pro) with PhoenixRC? All three of my Walkera TX does the same thing in PhoenixRC. They cause the heli to drift forward and left (similar to “currera501’s posting #78 on page 8). This drifting is more apparent when you are using a smaller heli. (Before you start; it is not caused by the Rear Rotor Wash; and YES I have selected the correct TX and yes have calibrated it each and every time I use it!) On my simulator the “Beam E4” will drift is so aggressively that, starting from an eye level hover, it will hit the ground with an approximate 60º tilt to port! Further, when I am doing tic-tocs with a "Velocity 50", the smoke trail shows that it will start sliding to the port after the 2nd tic-toc. I can trim out the drifts on my TX but I will need to do it every time I re-enter the simulator. The trimming affect on the TX is accumulative (ie. "3 beeps" off center the first time, another "3 beeps" the second time you re-enter PhoenixRC. Now you are "6 beeps" off both center trims) unless you re-center the trims prior to re-entering PhoenixRC.

LOL, have you every try to flying a real RC heli with at least "18 beeps" off center trims before? I have. Almost needed to change my underwear.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
on.looker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by on.looker View Post
Hi,

Does anyone here have any problems with using a Walkera TX (WK-2403, WK-2603, WK-2801 Pro) with PhoenixRC? All three of my Walkera TX does the same thing in PhoenixRC. They cause the heli to drift forward and left (similar to “currera501’s posting #78 on page 8). This drifting is more apparent when you are using a smaller heli. (Before you start; it is not caused by the Rear Rotor Wash; and YES I have selected the correct TX and yes have calibrated it each and every time I use it!) On my simulator the “Beam E4” will drift is so aggressively that, starting from an eye level hover, it will hit the ground with an approximate 60º tilt to port! Further, when I am doing tic-tocs with a "Velocity 50", the smoke trail shows that it will start sliding to the port after the 2nd tic-toc. I can trim out the drifts on my TX but I will need to do it every time I re-enter the simulator. The trimming affect on the TX is accumulative (ie. "3 beeps" off center the first time, another "3 beeps" the second time you re-enter PhoenixRC. Now you are "6 beeps" off both center trims) unless you re-center the trims prior to re-entering PhoenixRC.

LOL, have you every try to flying a real RC heli with at least "18 beeps" off center trims before? I have. Almost needed to change my underwear.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?
Hello,

Did you try setting the swash type as "1 SERVO" in the model setup menus?
arquitron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in