Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Red face Logo 600 3D High vibration with Scorpion 4035-560 III

Well the title sort of says it. I recently had a little miss hap with my logo the other day forced auto in a really bad spot and ended up causing some damage to the canopy and lipo.

Any way im putting it back together right now. I have a scorpion 4035 560 motor. Running just the motor I am getting around 100 vibration from the v bar vibration analysis. This seems like a lot of vibration for just the motor running and not turning anything else in the drive train. I figured shaft must be bent so changed out the shaft with brand new one on the motor. Spun it up again and same vibration amount.

What do you guys think normal? Should I be thinking about buying a new motor or not worry about it?

Thanks for the advice.

Lee
leedawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting, I never thought of that. I had a crash a while ago and rebuilt, only to have this real bad vibration in the tail. So I assume its a tail issue. I rebuild the whole tail. New hub/ berings in the blade grips/ New tail fin, New tail rotor shaft and new flanged berings that press into the carbon fiber. Basically everything. I also switched to a carbon fiber tail boom because the temperature change here is extreme from inside to outside. I figure it would help with belt adjustment. So, I test fly it. It seems better but is still vibrating. It flys fine but I dont like it. So I change the feathering shaft as that is the last thing i didnt change. It made no difference. I used new frames/ mainshaft berings. Still there. I wonder if it could be the motor. There seems to be slight play in the can. maybe ill try swaping it out. I also have a new mainshaft on the way. I used a new one to rebuild but it seems ever so slightly tweeked. I cant tell if the head button is just off or if the shaft is actually wobbling. I thought i was down to my last resort, now I have 2 things to try.
motorcycleguyr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible the pinion can get a little "tweaked" after a crash,? I'm sure you ran the motor without the pinion?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you change the motor bearing out when you changed the shaft? Also, I've had vibes appear at motor frequency just from having the motor slightly tweaked when mounting it. I have no idea how it happened or how to ensure its not tweaked. All I know is I had motor vibes disappear after I re-mounted the motor bolts. LOL

Good luck!
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycleguyr1 View Post
Interesting, I never thought of that. I had a crash a while ago and rebuilt, only to have this real bad vibration in the tail. So I assume its a tail issue. I rebuild the whole tail. New hub/ berings in the blade grips/ New tail fin, New tail rotor shaft and new flanged berings that press into the carbon fiber. Basically everything. I also switched to a carbon fiber tail boom because the temperature change here is extreme from inside to outside. I figure it would help with belt adjustment. So, I test fly it. It seems better but is still vibrating. It flys fine but I dont like it. So I change the feathering shaft as that is the last thing i didnt change. It made no difference. I used new frames/ mainshaft berings. Still there. I wonder if it could be the motor. There seems to be slight play in the can. maybe ill try swaping it out. I also have a new mainshaft on the way. I used a new one to rebuild but it seems ever so slightly tweeked. I cant tell if the head button is just off or if the shaft is actually wobbling. I thought i was down to my last resort, now I have 2 things to try.
Yeah id check out the motor. Run the motor just mounted to the block without the pinion and see what kinda vibes you are getting. I was surprised how much vibration I was getting from just the main motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongler View Post
Is it possible the pinion can get a little "tweaked" after a crash,? I'm sure you ran the motor without the pinion?
I did run without the pinion so it ranges from about 70-160 in vibration at varying RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrim80 View Post
Did you change the motor bearing out when you changed the shaft? Also, I've had vibes appear at motor frequency just from having the motor slightly tweaked when mounting it. I have no idea how it happened or how to ensure its not tweaked. All I know is I had motor vibes disappear after I re-mounted the motor bolts. LOL

Good luck!
No did not change the motor bearings they felt really good no notciness or anything perhaps I should have changed the bearings, or still should. I suppose it will fly fine was just surprised how much vibration is present without any other parts moving. And hope that I am under 200 with the rotor and tail spinning. once my parts get here I will know. I was more curious if anybody else was this high or if I should be tracking down the cause of this. Its almost like the motor is not perfectly balanced however I have no idea how I would make it better im terrible at balancing things. Im going to try mounting it differently and running it again and seeing if that makes much of a difference.

Thanks
leedawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default vibrate

Click image for larger version

Name:	090820121115.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	340317
i have vibrate to after crach. and i check bcouse of these..
these i made my self....
SA NOW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its also possible that the out-runner motor section was bent in the crash. Easy enough to check with a dial indicator.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA NOW View Post
Attachment 340317
i have vibrate to after crach. and i check bcouse of these..
these i made my self....
good job man ,nice
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

100 is low isnt it? I woouldnt be to worried about that?
Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's hard to say without actually spinning everything up. I would hold any opinions until you have run with the main and tail rotor engaged.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in