Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CP on Belt CP v2 only moving one blade

Hi guys, as per my last thread, I just put a Spektrum AR6115e on my Belt CP v2. Everything seems to be working as expected but with TH on and moving the left stick for CP, it looks like only one blade is moving and the other really isn't. Here are a few pictures and a video of TH on with moving the left stick up and down. Anybody see a reason why the other blade isn't moving?

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

btkrausen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

don't worry , just hold your flybar locked and both blades will move
Old 03-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not all the cyclic servos are moving.
Are all the servo in the right connectors on the Rx?
Have you set the DX6i model up properly, selecting the correct swash type and swash mixing?

I remember it took me ages to set my Belt up on a DX6i, as the servos all kept moving in the wrong direction. You need to do some seriou splaying around with swash type, swash mix and servo reverse....and even coonect servos into different ports on the Rx ...to get it all working properly, but it can be done.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies Luke.

I played around with it last night and figured out that the servo that sits right behind the gyro is not moving, which seems is the reason the second blade is not moving. Then, after deciding to go bed, I realized that the swash type was likely wrong on my DX6i as I had copied the settings from my Nano CP X for this one to get it quickly setup and test.

I'll go back tonight and play around with it more. I did find a thread somewhere with settings last night which I bookmarked, so we'll see if that helps.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by btkrausen View Post
Thanks for the replies Luke.

I played around with it last night and figured out that the servo that sits right behind the gyro is not moving, which seems is the reason the second blade is not moving. Then, after deciding to go bed, I realized that the swash type was likely wrong on my DX6i as I had copied the settings from my Nano CP X for this one to get it quickly setup and test.

I'll go back tonight and play around with it more. I did find a thread somewhere with settings last night which I bookmarked, so we'll see if that helps.
The Nano is set to "1-servo 90 degree" swashplate, which is wrong for a 3-servo flybarred model like the Belt CP. It should be set to "120-degree" to enable CCP-mixing. After that, you'll have to muck around with the channel-reversing menu until you get the servos all working properly, as Luke says. I know it was a headache on mine - even more so as I had done the RDTS mod AND fitted a Blade 400 head at the same time as swapping to the Spektrum gear! Make sure you disconnect the main motor while you're checking this all out - DON'T rely on throttle-hold alone for safety.
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought was the problem but I was already in bed by the time it popped in my head, haha. I'll try it out tonight and see what happens.

I didn't want to spend much time/effort on this heli, but I figured that it would give me some great experience and learning opportunity to get her back in the air.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Ragge - I thought exactly the same when I read the title!!

@BTK,
Have you checked out finless bob's CCPM setup video's? Very useful resource for learning how to set up a CCPM head on a programmable TX. To explain how to setup the head properly, would take a few pages, or at least paragraphs of text. And then you have to try and understand it and apply it. If you download bob's vids, then you can watch them in your own time whilst working on the bird.

Let us know if you need some links, however, I'm sure the links are in the super sticky at the top of the belt forum - look for CCPM setup part 1 & 2

As always, if you need any clarification on what settings translate to the DX6i (as i think Bob uses a futaba TX/RX), then do not hesitate to ask. Once you have the head setup, you might want to know about EXPO and D/R's (I think there is another vid for that!)

The belt is a good learning heli. Not worth beating it, as spares are hard to find. But it will take you all the way from learning to hover to mild 3D (with a few mods along the way).

At least you have got the main things done to make it more stable and reliable (ESC/head/TX&RX). Really, the only things you need to consider modding in future are the e-sky gyro & servo's and DTS mod.

I always say replace the servo's when the time comes (if one dies or you crash and break one). And the gyro, if it fails to hold or your flying demands it. The DTS mod is only needed because the servo/swash links can be or become sloppy. So I guess they are not be much of a priority for you (yet...muahahah!! )

I think once you get these new bits dialled, you should really notice and enjoy the benefit of them
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply Copterboy, it's very much appreciated.

I played around with it tonight and did switch the swash type to 120 degrees, but still not sure things are setup right. I will check out those videos for sure as I'm always looking to learn. I think getting this Belt CP v2 is the perfect project to really learn the guts of the bird to lay a nice foundation for future needs.

When I was working on it tonight, I noticed that it seems that Aileon and Elevator are swapped, but I'm pretty sure I have them plugged in the correct channels. When I push up on the right stick, it leans to the right, and leans left when I push down. When I push it left and right, the front of the swash plate moves up and down, making me think it's controlling elevator. I'll double check plugs tomorrow to be sure.

Now I just need some warmer weather to get the NCPX in the air as I'm gonna be bumping up the settings as I'm getting pretty good with it in both normal and stunt mode.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Indeed, I think you have ELEV in the wrong port on the RX. Easy enough to fix. Unplug whatever is in the ELEV servo port on the RX. Then trace your ELEV servo wire back to the RX. Unplug it and put in the ELEV port. Then the other servo wire should go into either the AIL or AUX1 port.

You don't have to worry so much about the PIT and AIL servo being plugged in the the right way round anymore. If you change the SWASHMIX setting for AIL from a positive to negative value, or vice versa, then both the AIL and PIT servo's move the opposite way. EG. -60 becomes +60 or vice versa.

As others have said, you have to play around with individual channel reversing first, to get the individual servo's moving the right way (Using right stick for mode 2).

Then adjust the swashmix to make sure the pitch range (left stick), Aileron and Elevator (right stick) all move the right way. Then adjust the swashmix values to make sure nothing binds. Anyway, all that is covered in greater detail in bobs tutorials.

There is no set way to do this, because some servo's have opposite polarity, and some mount there AIL/PIT servo's on different sides, and plug the AIL/PIT into whichever port. So if I could tell you what my channel reversing and swashmix settings used to be, then you can almost guarantee they would not be right for you. I ran Hi-Tec servo's on my belt, and I know that they have the opposite polarity to E-Sky servo's.

And yes, best to do it with motor disconnected. It's surprisingly easy to knock off the TH switch whilst picking up the TX so many times trying to get the programming dialled

Good Luck
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I did have to reverse rudder so far as it was opposite of the controller which is when I found that elevator and aileon looked reversed. Had to get in a run tonight (in the snow) since I have some races coming up, so I didn't get to put much time into it.

Also working on building a nice quad as well that I haven't had much time to put in. Too bad I can't bring all my tools and parts with me as I'll be traveling the three weeks after this one At least I get to visit some hobby shops in different parts of the US.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in