Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default plastic or CF frame for logo 600?

hey guys,
i'm about to buy a logo 600 kit and i have two options: a stock kit with a plastic frame or a kit with a kaos CF frame.
which one should i buy?
i know the cf frame would be great if i could find replacement parts, but it seems i can't. it seems this kaos frame's been discontinued. there are plenty of parts for the plastic frame though.
also, the cf frame seems to have room for 5ah batteries, meanwhile the plastic one doesn't.
as far as i can see the problem with this cf frame is the lack or replacement parts...
would like to hear your guys opinion.
thanks.
ReadyToCrash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The plastic canopy easily has room for 6s 5000 packs. If you are planning on running 12s 5000 packs in a 600 it will be way too heavy. Ideally a 600 should have a total pack weight of around 1100g. Personally I would stick with the plastic frame. The light weight it provides is one of the reasons Logo's fly like they do. Plus, as you discovered parts for the Kaos frame are no longer available.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott View Post
The plastic canopy easily has room for 6s 5000 packs. If you are planning on running 12s 5000 packs in a 600 it will be way too heavy. Ideally a 600 should have a total pack weight of around 1100g. Personally I would stick with the plastic frame. The light weight it provides is one of the reasons Logo's fly like they do. Plus, as you discovered parts for the Kaos frame are no longer available.
+1 keep it simple.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can open the front of the plastic frames A LOT to allow for bigger packs. This doesn't weaken the frame at all.
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

No need for carbon frames on Logo 600, especially that Kaos frame. This is what makes Logo 600 different from others. You already have lots of carbon frame helicopters. Also it flies way better than a Trex 600 with its plastic frames.

bavci_0655 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavci_0655 View Post
No need for carbon frames on Logo 600, especially that Kaos frame. This is what makes Logo 600 different from others. You already have lots of carbon frame helicopters. Also it flies way better than a Trex 600 with its plastic frames.
Hi, why does it fly better than a trex 600? What is a trex 600 ex? Thanks.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lighter heli's (Like the plastic frame logo) tends to fly better because they are easier to tune. And a lighter heli is not going to be too picky on how you tune the fbl unit.

And the logo plastic frame absorbs a lot of the vibs too. You get a very solid precise control of the heli and it is very predictable.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToCrash View Post
Hi, why does it fly better than a trex 600? What is a trex 600 ex? Thanks.
Collective is better for me because of its weight. I tried to increase pitch and headspeed on Trex 600 but I can't get that feel. As for cyclic, on Trex 600 cyclic is a little weird for me, I mean it overshoots if you give a small input. This isn't related with flybarless settings. This is something from cyclic geometry, probably because of bell cranks. Also in air, I can easily see Logo 600 any direction. Weight difference and head geometry is the main difference between these helicopters. Logo 600 SX isn't light as old Logo 600. It is still the lighest but if you add an carbon frame, it will be same weight as Trex 600. And one more thing I like about Logo is variant blade lengths that can be used.

BTW, EX is actually an ESP (I call it like this) but I modifed that too much. Aside from adding blings, I changed bell crank system and head geometry, so it has better cyclic and collective throw.

bavci_0655 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, i have a 600 esp too. It used to be the heli i loved the most. Learned to fly with it.
I had a logo 600 too and it was the heli that most resembled the way 600 esp hovers.
I bought the logo with plastic frame.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToCrash View Post
hey guys,
i'm about to buy a logo 600 kit and i have two options: a stock kit with a plastic frame or a kit with a kaos CF frame.
which one should i buy?
i know the cf frame would be great if i could find replacement parts, but it seems i can't. it seems this kaos frame's been discontinued. there are plenty of parts for the plastic frame though.
also, the cf frame seems to have room for 5ah batteries, meanwhile the plastic one doesn't.
as far as i can see the problem with this cf frame is the lack or replacement parts...
would like to hear your guys opinion.
thanks.
The Kaos frame set is NOT a Mikado piece and is problematic. Do a search on that topic and you will see many threads…
As to the plastic frame set, it is amazing in rigidity and function and VERY inexpensive to fix in a crash ($50 for BOTH ides )
Now the Mikado CF frame is nice but for the 600 it just provides bling, no change in flight except for more weight.
You will be happy with the plastic frame set, as soon as it gets off the ground
Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another big bonus with the stock Mikado Frame is Low Parts Count.
You pretty much have the two sides of the frame and bolts to hold it together.
So it is not a huge deal to replace a frame half
Old 05-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have birds with the stock frame as well as an airframe with a KAOS frame set. As the others said, the plastic frame is surprisingly durable, smooth and cost effective. I wouldn't say it's the easiest thing to work on as both wire routing and swapping a broken frame side can be a nuisance but that's generally true of many helis. If you anticipate frequent crashing, you're almost certainly better off with the stock frames.

The weight difference between the KAOS and stock frame is negligible for a 600 size bird and well within the weight variation among the different batteries and electronics that people tend to fly.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi,

i had a logo 600 before and every time i crashed (i used to...) it was a headache to replace the broken (stock) frame. i found it sooo hard to separate the halves and remove the servos...! oh boy!

i agree it does its job well, its is rigid (no twist), but is made of a very brittle type of plastic. the tabs break easily. i'm using zip ties to secure the skids so i hope it isn't going to be a problem. also i'm not replacing the frames every crash. i'll let them there as long as possible.

i decided to go with the plastic one mostly because there are no spare parts for the kaos frame and also because the stock one has a irresistible sex appeal to me. i like that round curves she has...

maybe in the future i'm buying a cf mikado frame.

thanks.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plastic for me, without a doubt. The lighter the better, and the butter smooth feeling I get from plastic blade grips is only enhanced by a plastic frame.

Is it a pain in the rear to rebuild the entire heli after moderate to severe crashes? Sure. Is it worth that compromise to fly a heli that tosses itself around more effortlessly than any other I've flown? Hell yes ;-)

I've actually had great luck with the durability of the plastic frames. In about 10 crashes I only had to replace frames in 2 of them. And I plowed it in pretty hard on both.

I've actually never broken a landing gear tab with the metal bolts, not even in the bad crashes that broke the landing struts themselves. So apparently I'm not crashing the same way others are, who are not happy with the durability.

The way it flies is my #1 priority. Not the way it crashes

To each their own, others may have different priorities

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

can someone tell me the weight of the kaos frame for logo 600? thanks.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Logo 600SX which I flew the first year on 10S, 603mm blades and plastic frame. It flew very well but I didn't like the way the collective servos screw into the plastic. After they have been in a out a couple times it doesn't hold well enough. I switched it over to the Mikado CF frame, 12S and 623mm main blades. It flies just as well and gives me a little more piece of mind.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my stock plastic frames on my 600se and I haven't had anything but good luck with mine. I'm running 12s 4400mah without a problem at all.

The servos are just a hair but tight but there not hard to get in at all.

I don't have any reason to switch to carbon frames anytime soon.
apache1998 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in