Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown both the 300x and 450x for quite a while, servos and motor both held up great for me. Scorpion motor oil does wonders for those motor bearings and the servos get the job done and the gears are cheap and always available. Would nice spektrum metal geared servos be nice? Yes. Would a new and upgraded motor be nice? Yes. So now with the 220$ price tag on the bx alone along with all the aluminum, cf, and added cost for some one to assemble it, we would be looking at 500 plus dollar bnf 300. I don't think many pros or advanced pilots are sitting around waiting for the release of a new bnf 300 heli on the shelves at the same price as a dominator or x3 kit right? A 300 kit would be great but that's just not gonna happen (I think?). The 399 price tag is a bit high to me if that doesn't include a battery but all things considered it has to be one of the best bnf deals out there. Let's face it, if there's a market for prebuilt Helis blades gonna cater to it. Corners always have to be cut on these models to keep the price down for its intended buyers in which this case is beginner aspiring 3d pilots. Personally I would never go down the rtf or bnf road again now that I'm confident in my set up and builds, but I sure am glad they were around when I needed them.
Moleo76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 300 CFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn00p View Post
Noisy little fecka...

That HS sounds VERY high i dunno i been running the Silent Scorp/Lynx setup for an age now and used to silent flying... It was actually such a noisy vid i stopped watching it.

Sounds pretty much like my stock 300x. A few weeks ago I was flying at a local park and an older gentleman was watching me fly. He finally stopped by me and the first thing he asked was "what kind of fuel does that thing run on". He didn't believe me when I said electricity.
D22597 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
From what I read, the 440h motor is not much better than the 320h motor. You can head to 450x forums to see what they say about it. Only person who praise it is centurian afaik. The 450h motor, on the other hand, is a good motor.
Woah now I think I'd rate the 440h as not too bad. Hauls the 300x with authority and has been reliable after a little loctite. I paid zero for mine out of the junk drawer. Dont Recall ever recommending paying retail for One. There are motors I'd prefer but don't spend The money as the 440 is good enough for the platform. There is however no reason to spend more than $25 for a 300 motor given the cost effective solutions out there.
Centurian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #104 (permalink)
HF Support

I tend to think any motor that you feel you need to use loctite on the bearings to run reliably isn't so good. I guess I'm asking too much. It must be my pattern of antisocial behavior getting the best of me.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #105 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Blade 300 CFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22597 View Post
Sounds pretty much like my stock 300x. A few weeks ago I was flying at a local park and an older gentleman was watching me fly. He finally stopped by me and the first thing he asked was "what kind of fuel does that thing run on". He didn't believe me when I said electricity.
Interesting story every single person who's ever walked up to me has thought it was gas, and I told then it was electric. People underestimate the power of electric

Sent from my Gaui X3 using my Dx6i
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes they do. I was laughed at when I showed a friend the little electric snow blower I bought,it kicks the crap out of the snow.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #107 (permalink)
Closed Account

[quote=rodo1268;5607752]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
I couldn't agree more. I listen to people bag on the 300x and it amazes me. What do you expect for an entry level 3D capable heli?

I'm not bagging on the Heli at all, it is what it is..
I like a burger for 5-6 bucks, but when some clown calls it filet mignon and charges me $29.99, not so much.

What do I expect from an entry level 3D "capable" heli?

A price point that mirrors its value, both functionally and financially. This heli does neither, and to ME only makes sense if you cant live without it.
The old 300x you could get for $225 lest then an AR7200BX sold for. That is a decent value. The CFX being $400 I'd have to agree its a little out of the "value" category in its current state. Maybe the price will come down to more reasonable levels. I think $320 range would still be a decent value.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally think the beastx is the overpriced part of this puzzle. Horizon almost needs to raise the cost of the whole heli just to keep the value of the flybarless unit where it is.

Lets face it, if they sold the cfx without a beast x but everything else for $160 people would stand and cheer even with crappy servos, motor and esc.

The beast x is overpriced in tis equation not the airframe.
DJG24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have Al Jr. fly it.... he can make a "Turd" look and fly good!....
Old 02-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

The great thing about this hobby is that there are alot of heli manufacturers to choose from. If you don't like Blade, you can get and stick with a different brand. But, they did make the necessary changes to stop the frame from flexing and potentially snapping the main shaft. So it's not as if everyone's suggestions are falling on deaf ears. As far as the servos, I have no problem with the stock servos. Don't crash or mess with them by moving them by hand and they will last forever until you crash. And who in this forum buys a heli and leaves it all stock (besides me) anyways? The point is, just find your heli that you like and please stop bashing our helis which we get a little protective over!
Old 02-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's ok, baby, don't pay any attention to them..........LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300x 006.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	484004  
Old 02-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygz View Post
The great thing about this hobby is that there are alot of heli manufacturers to choose from. If you don't like Blade, you can get and stick with a different brand. But, they did make the necessary changes to stop the frame from flexing and potentially snapping the main shaft. So it's not as if everyone's suggestions are falling on deaf ears. As far as the servos, I have no problem with the stock servos. Don't crash or mess with them by moving them by hand and they will last forever until you crash. And who in this forum buys a heli and leaves it all stock (besides me) anyways? The point is, just find your heli that you like and please stop bashing our helis which we get a little protective over!
This sums it up nicely.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got my 300x...haven't connected the starter yet. And where is the key? (lost the key already... )

Anyways......just how bad are these stock servos? The specs on the 76T tail servo say .03 speed units per something. . Sounds pretty fast to me? I've looked at ten or so other recommended servos......but they're all heavier and more expensive. Wouldn't a lighter heli put less strain on the servos?

This might also apply to the 300CFX which I shall mention here to stay on topic.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruster View Post
Just got my 300x...haven't connected the starter yet. And where is the key? (lost the key already... )

Anyways......just how bad are these stock servos? The specs on the 76T tail servo say .03 speed units per something. . Sounds pretty fast to me? I've looked at ten or so other recommended servos......but they're all heavier and more expensive. Wouldn't a lighter heli put less strain on the servos?

This might also apply to the 300CFX which I shall mention here to stay on topic.
Just fly it till you have a problem (if you ever do). The servos are serving me well with no issues. I have noticed some variables with other that have had issues. Be sure to be gental eith the servos in transport and blade handling. They are plastic geared so they will cause problems easier than a metal gear. Should work just fine if you treat then well. As for the motor, I have not had an issue but others speak of using scorpion motor lune every once in awhile. I'd say every 20 flights or so would be good. Good luck and happy flying.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruster View Post

Here's my opinion on the servos.......they were picked by Blade for the 450 and 300 for a reason. And they've never upgraded them, even with this new version about to come out. Yes, they have plastic gears and 9 times out of 10, you'll be replacing the gears, which are under 5 bucks, after a crash. Never had all 3 go at once, and never lost the 76t after a crash. I've heard of people, not paying attention, or not doing enough investigating where they put in a different tail servo and end up frying it due to not changing beastx settings for tail servo frequency (ssetup menu D) before connecting the tail servo and frying it similar to an egg with a little more smokeHey, with alot of guys, part of the fun with this hobby is upgrading and tinkering and trying to get the absolute maximum performance out of their heli. I went that route with my 130x. CF this, aluminum that, titanium the other and found that it actually flies the best with the least amount of upgrades....at least mine does. So by all means listen to those that have a heck of a lot more experience than me (my cp 1 year anniversary was Dec. 29th) so I don't have much "combat" under my belt I'm just telling you if you don't crash the 300 you probably won't damage anything on her. Have a crash, you will, and I would always change the main shaft after a blade strike no matter what it "looks" like because that is exactly what happened when I snapped mine in-flight. I had a previous crash and did not change the main shaft because it rolled straight. After more recent crashes I made it a point to look at the main shaft right at where it snaps, the main gear hole. If you look at it close, I used a magnifying glass, you can easily see where the bolt actually dimples the side of the hole that it jambs against when the main gear stops suddenly. This creates a time bomb for future flights but here again, a prior crash caused this. If you fly crazy smack, then a frame brace or better yet, the cf frame that's coming out for the new 300, couldn;t hurt, but it better be "ridiculous smack" and I would like to see the vid (for entertainment purposes only lol) That's my story boys, and Im a stickin' to it!Also, if you keep your heli all stock, it will be worth alot more in 150 years.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
before connecting the tail servo and frying it similar to an egg with a little more smokel:
I love fried eggs........making me hungry.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #117 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
they were picked by Blade for the 450 and 300 for a reason.
Yep, because they cost them almost nothing to produce keeping their profit margin high.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Yep, because they cost them almost nothing to produce keeping their profit margin high.
Haha I knew that response was coming!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I noted the scorpion oil to the motor. Where do you apply it?
DX8 G2, Qx7s
MLFLY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in