Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Park Zone T-28 Trojan First Fly Awsome!!!

Hey Guys

Just bought T-28 at R/C show! I've been flying T-rex 450 so this is first plank! My son is 8 and he also wanted to get into flying planes. He flies the Blade CX. So after many months on RealFlight I broke down and bought this fineplane. One reason is because its RTF, as I dont like building them much, but I have no problem fixing them. Anyway on to first flight. The power was nice and as I took off I found myself letting back on throttle. Man Im hooked on planks now. Did some loops and rolls and landed ok. Then I gave my 8 year old the radio! He was SCARED BUT took off anyway. When he got it in air he calmed down and flew like a pro. No loops or rolls though but landed better than me!! I would recomend this plane to anybody but better have some experience with SIM or either with Heli's. Now on to questions!!

1) Can I use my Tp2100 Lite 15c with the stock motor ?
2) What does the X-port swithc on Radio mean?
3) Wha does the Channel 5 switch on radio mean?

I will post video of son flying his plane on YouTube soon!!

Thanks Guys
GaFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow LOL 30 hits but no response! Ill respond to myself. I called Horizon Hobby and they ok'ed the TP2100Lite for the stock RTF Park Zone t-28. So anybody got this plane and couple of tp2100's lying around your in luck!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got one too. I like it since I can use my Trex 450 batteries with it, just have to change the connectors to deans. Didn't do my first flight yet, but on the simulator, it takes off in 3 feet.
speed808 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 05:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i believe the x-port is a trainer port/switch but i'm not positive. i was going to either get the t-28 or the phase 3 ef16. i ended up getting the ef16 and wrecking it last night on it's maiden. that 15c pack should be fine, but if you're not sure i'd run it for a few minutes and land to see how hot it's getting. i'm pretty much going to order the t-28 this weekend, but before i do i'd like to see how much room is in the battery compartment. how big of a pack can be fit in there? could someone maybe post a pic with the canopy removed and maybe with a tape measure next to it so i can get an idea? i've got 1320's, 2100's, 2200's and 3200mah packs, i'm hoping i can fit all but the 3200's in there. thanks in advance for any pics/info given.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

PZ T-28 Is awesome!

I use a Loong Max 2250 lipo. The ESC had to be changed to Deans to connect to all my batts. The plane takes a licking and keeps ticking. It is also great in wind.

I have done a lot of MX to this plane so if you have any Q's, ask away!
The_Russian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
i'd like to see how much room is in the battery compartment. how big of a pack can be fit in there? could someone maybe post a pic with the canopy removed and maybe with a tape measure next to it so i can get an idea?
just how much room is in the battery compartment?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

TP 2100 Pro lite is a direct fit on the battery compartment on the T-28. The 2200 mah Airthunder is a tight fit but will work also.
beeper0358 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so about 2200mah pack is the biggest it'll take? is there any chance to be able to mod it to take bigger cap packs?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

I use a Loong Max 2250 ($30) and it fits well. however, I had to modify the battery compartment to run the connections above the battery mount. I can provide pics. A FLightpower 2500 20c will fit perfectly for 74.99!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i've got two KP 2200's and two electrifly 2100's. these should fit ok, right? i've also got two TP 1320's that i could parallel if they will both fit under the canopy. my trojan ought to be here tomorrow, so i guess i'll see for myself soon enough! i'm guessing that a123 cells are out of the question with this model?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Two may not fit. Once you get it, you will see.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok my t-28 came in last night, and i'm almost done getting it flight ready. i've previously read that it's a good idea to add some glue of sorts to the seam of where the middle of the wing meets the fusilage, due to the wing coming dis-attached at high speeds. have any of you done this, or had this issue?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ohh, i've also been advised by 'yall to get an external bec so the digi servos don't overload the internal esc's bec. now, does this mean to get a bec (technically, V regulator) and run a separate servo/rx lipo pack or get the kind of regulator that will run off of the motor's lipo pack. i'm a bit confused about that. thanks!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok now we cooking with responses!! Ive been in middle of moving so havent checked here in while. I did no fool with getting external bec. Local hobby guys said he has t-28 and hasnt had any problem. My 8 yr old son and I have about 8 flight on t-28 and it flies flawless! Havent had to adjust any trims!! Last flight my son flew into goal post on football field so its down for awhile. Until we get moved in and i assess damages!! Ii did loops rolls and hard dives with plane had no problem with top or wings coming off yet!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

one option i forgot to ask about was, this plane comes with a 25a esc installed. people are saying to get an external bec to prevent electrical issues. i've got a 30a esc laying around(with internal BEC) unused, and was wondering if this higher amperage esc would be better then the stock unit- maybe eliminating having to get an external BEC. any ideas?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys-
I am planning on ordering one of these planes later today. I have been flying helis, T-Rex 450 and 500, for about 1 1/2 years. I just started flying planes a few weeks ago and am having fun with it. I built a GWS Slow Stick but now find myself wanted something more capable. I was going to go with an EFlite Mini Pulse XP but have decided against getting a balsa plane until my landing skills improve.

Anyway, are most people flying with a seperate BEC? I am not sure if I should go ahead and order a Dimension Engineering Sport BEC or not.

I have also heard to order an extra motor mount and a prop. Is there anything else I should order when I go down to my LHS?

Thanks and hopefully I will have this guy in the air by next weekend.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i got the pnp version, which came with one prop on it and one extra. my next order ( i try to order alot of **** at once, to save on shipping) i'm definitley going for a BEC. i've not had any problems, but i don't want to temp fate. for $30 it's worth it imho. as far as the motor mount is concerned, i don't see that as a major weak point. i've nosed my t-28 in three times and not broke the mount. what did break was the piece of plastic that's directly behind the nose landing gear. i epoxy'd it once, and it broke again. then it broke again after the glue job. so i cut a small rectangle of cf sheet and epoxy'd that in. hasn't broke yet....but it probly will.
some say to epoxy the wing on, because in hard flight it might separate. i did't do that, but i did use 1" re-inforced tape- the kind that looks like it's got thread in it. it sticks to anything and is strong as hell. be careful about loose decals. this mornings flight one of them started flapping about, making one hell of a racket. so i sealed the edges of the stickers with foam safe ca. i also carved a bunch of foam off of the bottom of the canopy, took off as much as i could without disturbing the "pilot" and cockpit. now i can fit a FP evo 30 3200mah in the sucker. 15 minute flight only took out 2500mah. this plane is a blast. well, any plane would be a blast. it's my first.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the advice on taping the wing. I have some of that same tape left from building my GWS Slow Stick so I reinforce the wing with it.

I went down to the LHS today and they had a RTF version in stock so it came home with me! They did not have an AR6100 so I have one on order and will be using the stock radio for the first couple of flights. It went together very quick and easily. It is ready to fly right now but it is too windy outside for a maiden. Hopefully tomorrow the wind will calm down.

Once my new reciever comes in I will go ahead and switch out the stock 1800mah pack to Deans plugs and switch them on the ESC as well. I will also pick up at least one Evolite 2100 pack so I can fly it at least two times when I take it out.

I will report back once it has been in the air.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

The x-port is for accessory modules. They make an aerial drop module, a combat module, and a night flight module. I don't think the trojan has an x-port though but the transmitter probably has the switch for the other RTF models that use that transmitter.
tdamore315 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

On a completely unrelated note, can anyone suggest a good way to get my T-28 fuselage out of a tree? I tried the usual "pick up whatever sticks and rocks I can find on the ground and throw them at it" trick with no luck. It's only about 25 ft up so I may use some conduit I have and try to poke it down :-(
tdamore315 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in