Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default What flybarless?

I was just wondering what flybarless system is the best bang for your dollar?

Also, if a flybarless system is installed does it make the heli more "twitchy" or maybe unstable is the correct wording?
If I were to buy a flybarless system, where do I buy it from?

Last edited by Bobcoheli; 01-25-2008 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: More questions
Bobcoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is your intended application? Are you looking to set it up for 3D, scale, or AP work? This would help us give you suggestions if we better knew your needs.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the same question but would be interested in more scale application

So it must be suitable for multibladed heads as well

cheers

Ben
Borneoben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
My primary flying style for now is fast ff, figure 8's, and some very mild (I stress the mild) 3d flying. I do want to progress into 3d more and I just thought that the less parts on the head the better, also the look turns me on, but in a nutshell less wight=more power and flight time right?
Bobcoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

V-Bar system is the best option, perfect for hardcore 3D like you could never imagine, or multi bladed heads (ive seen 5 blades working fin, 4 blades doing loops).

OK its not the cheapest, but its the neatest and the best performing!
Eyon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyon View Post
V-Bar system is the best option, perfect for hardcore 3D like you could never imagine, or multi bladed heads (ive seen 5 blades working fin, 4 blades doing loops).

OK its not the cheapest, but its the neatest and the best performing!
Have you flown both CSM and V-Bar systems on similar helicopters so you could compare the differences? Please let us know why you think the V-bar is better. I have not flown both so I would like to know.
cmassa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both systems, two CSMs and one Vbar.
From my experience, I would say that both systems are fairly equal once they're setup and matched to the model and flying style. The amount of time and effort you're prepared to put into doing this will have much more influence on the final result than which system you choose.
The Vbar system is neater, easier to install, and much easier to setup as the software is much more user freindly and there's more info and help available.
The CSM system is a feast of wiring and seperate boxes, and finding appropriate surfaces to mount the gyros on can be tricky. The software is crude and there's a lot more trial and error involved in setting up. There's also very limited help available on line. But once it's mastered, the results seem comparible to the Vbar.
In theory, the Vbar has a fundamental advantage in that being a one box unit, it can use piro information from the tail gyro to influence the cyclic stablization in pirouetting manouvers. In practise, although pirouetting 3D is right at the edge of my capabilties, I don't notice much difference between the two systems. Maybe if I upped the piro rate I would notice a change, but for now I don't find piroflips or chaoses much different.
The CSM system has a definate advantage in that while it is only slightly cheaper if you're buying a completely new setup, it gets much cheaper if you already have a tail gyro, or one of the cyclic gyros. I also slightly prefer the tail with a 720 to the Vbar's internal gyro, but again, some more time spent tweeking could change this. The Vbar appears to handle gusty winds slightly better.

My current setups:
Trex600, Own design head conversion, Radix blades, 3x CSM 720, 10s 3700lipo, Orbit 30-12, 2050rpm.
Logo 14, Mikado head, Vbar, 600Razors, 10s3700, Z50 2100rpm (Also trying some Torsion 600 blades)
Logo 500, Mikado head, 550Razors, 3xCSM720, 10s3700, Neu 1910, 2250rpm

It's hard to choose a favourite out of these, but the Logo 500 probably just about has it at the moment. Very animal and VERY fast since I put the bigger packs in it. If I were buying another system it would probably be a Vbar, but more for its neatness and ease of installation than for the end flying result.
Tean is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in