Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question EXI frame with belt cp electronics

I crashed my belt cp v2 and calculated that the replacement parts are worth $60, mainly head parts and a few other. I was wondering if it would be better to just buy EXI barebone kit from xheli.com and transfer all of the electronics from my belt, or should I just buy a different head for my belt cp. If its better to buy an EXI kit, could you please help me pick out which one, because they have a few of them.

Sorry for being redundant, I know this subject was raised, but I was never able to find a straight answer on the forum. I am a newbee to rc helis and this forum as well, so please bare with me.
a32e5s7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I did just that. If you have had zero problem with the electronics and are confident in them then you won't regret the switch. The EXI is a pretty nice clone for the money. I would recommend buying an exceed motor and 30 amp esc for an extra 30 bucks.
Mr. Black is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did that. I got the $39 one and it flew great.

Search for $39 exi on youtube and you'll find a vid of me hovering th exi with the electronics from the belt.

I'd paste a link, butI'm on my phone.
the sea, and all that in them is" --Exodus 20:11
4n6days is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Everyone here that has owned a Belt has done this, sooner or later. Just grab which ever one suites your budget, though try and aim for one that's got a CNC head and tail, heck if you can get the Carbon Fiber frame too, do so.

Than as you progress, do get a better motor (Sonix $20 solution or a nice Scorpion) and a better ESC, anything other than Esky as eventually it will fail. As far as servo's go, the SG90's are great for the money, though MG90's would be better as they won't strip in a crash. If you wanna do things right, get some Hitec 65MG's. The gyro, you cannot cheap out on - pick up a Logictech 2100T which is the cheapest highest quality solution you can get for the money, otherwise look at the Spartan gyro's.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your advice.

Will this work as a good motor or you'd recommend a different one? http://www.xheli.com/450hed23543o.html
Would I have to use the 11t pinion with my belt cp main gear?

Is this going to be a good esc to get? http://www.xheli.com/60aspco.html

And as far as the EXI frame, I've been reading on this forum that aluminum is going to be better then carbon fiber frames. Is that correct? I don't have a lot of money to spend, so here's my choices:

http://www.xheli.com/exial450ve2r.html

http://www.xheli.com/18h32-arf-exi-450le.html

http://www.xheli.com/exitsecaedhe.html

I really don't know how different those are, other then the frames are a bit different and the last one is made out of carbon fiber. If someone could shed some light on those, I'd appreciate it.

Again, thanks for all of your help.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

The motor should be just fine for awhile until you start busting moves like a 3D champ, than you'll need a better one to keep up with heavy 3D. But it should get you through most 3D maneuvers no problem, my sonix wasn't any better and it did everything I wanted, it just bogged like a bugger in some heavy pitch maneuvers.

Can't comment on the ESC, never used the brand, perhaps someone could chime in.

http://www.xheli.com/exial450ve2r.html - This kit is great, it's a Trex 450 clone, which means you can find parts for it easily, any Align Trex 450 V2 or clone brand parts should be a 100% fit. Though the Aluminum frame sides are a bit spooky since they can crack and warp after a few crashes. My only quirk about this kit is the head and tail appear to have a lot of plastic components.

http://www.xheli.com/18h32-arf-exi-450le.html - I wouldn't touch it. It's a unique design, which can be good and bad. Trouble is your heavily limited and at the murecy of EXI for spares when your frame get's bang'd out.

http://www.xheli.com/exitsecaedhe.html - Bingo! That's a nice kit, all carbon frame, full CNC head and tail, fully Trex compatible. You'll be blown away by how well it fly's compared to your old Belt.

But I'd go for the first or third one, personally, I'd grab the third, CNC usually always translates to less crash costs, not unless you do some wicked 3D crashes, than you can sometimes mash up the CNC - but it's rare on a small bird.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I appreciate your help a lot. Thank you. I think I'll start off by getting EXI T-450 SE Carbon Edition http://www.xheli.com/exitsecaedhe.html for $77 and maybe that volcano 30A esc.

Later on I'll get some better servos and a gyro when I'll have the money for that. I think all of this will serve me well for a while till I get good at flying.

Like I said, I am only a first timer and this is my first heli. But I did learn not to fly the heli with bent feathering shaft (caused me this bad crash). I thought it was going to be ok with a little wobble. But I guess not. Thanks again for all of this info.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I've got the EXI T-450 SE Carbon Edition kit and now i'm having a bit of trouble. I've pulled the esky motor and the shaft with the gear is too short. It isn't reaching the main gear and also, I'm not sure how would I have to fasten the motor to the frame. Do I have to drill any holes? Any suggestions for this?

Maybe I should just go ahead and buy a new motor all together. But unless I dont have to, I'd rather not since I am not doing any 3D stuff just yet.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my $39 EXI 450, I had to get another pinion. I had a friend with a pinion puller who helped me get the pinion off the esky motor, then I put an 11T on it, which ran great.

There are two sets of holes in the motor, they are spaced differently, one of the pairs of holes should line up with the motor mount holes, though I'm not 100% sure since your frame is different.

http://www.helidirect.com/rhino-gear...3mm-p-7257.hdx

With this pinion, you can set it pretty high on the motor shaft in order for it to be able to reach the drive gear.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

From the xheli.com, the specs for my exi frame are:
Motor Pinion Gear:12T/13T
Main Drive Gear:150T

Do you think that 11t pinion will work just fine with the main gear? Sorry for asking so many questions, but I am very new to this and am still learning. I do appreciate all the help I get from here.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since the BCP motor is 3800kv an 11T pinion will give you around 2700RPM at the head. That's what I ran for quite a while, without a problem. I never ran the BCP motor with a 12T in the EXI. If you go look through my videos,

I thought with the 12T, the motor might not have enough power.
Anyone else who has run a 12T on the BCP 3800KV motor in an EXI?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, looks like I ran into another problem. The holes for the screws on my stock esky motor are wider apart then the holes on the frame. Are there any adapters for this or do I have to do some drilling?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are two sets of holes. One set is wider than the other.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow, how could I not think if that? Thanks 4n6days. I guess I have waayyy too much homework, my brain isn't working anymore. I think I need a little break.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello
You ran into more issues?
I think it would be helpful for other people(like me) that want to do this kind of "transplant " to put a list of all the issues you encountered, and/or any tips you might have for this..
thanks a lot
cofl1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've moved on to other things and don't remember anymore if I've ran into other problems. Sorry, but it's been a while now

Tags
belt cp, electronics, exi frame

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in