Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any Outrage NRG Performance Reviews?

I'd like to hear about battery performance, resistance numbers, flight times, etc. if anyone has some cycles on these yet. I will eventually buy some for my G5.
*********If any Outrage folks read this***************
I've seen several companies advertise multiple C rate charging, any info on the safety of doing that with these? Also, is the 80% rule still in effect? Do we expect a larger number of cycles from these new batteries?
Last thing...Love the pricing, Thanks!
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Our first 2 6S 5000 packs just came in!

I truly believe that charging at 5C would OK occasionally, but every time would surely shorten the lifespan of the battery.
Outrage 550..........Outrage G5........Phazor 600
In memory of: James Archer
wren1702 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I have a 6S 5000mah NRG pack and a pair of 6S 1300mah NRG packs. Only put about 2 flights on the 5000mah pack and none on the 1300mah so its alittle early to tell. What you DO need to know is that the wire gauge seems to have increased (its 10AWG now). While a thicker gauge wire is a great thing its more of a PITA to solder to deans or in my case a Powerpole.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there any specific claims from Outrage on these packs, like 5c charge rate or life cycle claims when compaired to other lipos? I haven't been able to find any from Outrage.
nate8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Most of the Team outrage guys have been charging the XPS lipos at 2C, I personally will continue to 2C charge my new NRG packs. With a 2C Charge it takes about 25min to recharge a pack, with a 18min charge on 5C i just don't see the advantage. And let's face it only 450 packs that can be 5C charged with modern chargers and power supplies.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 6 cycles on each of my two 3S 2200 30c NRG's. So far performance is very good and they seem to come down much cooler than the old Outrage XP25 batteries. So far so good, but not enough cycles yet to pass judgement either way.
daniel9314 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 04:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate8 View Post
Is there any specific claims from Outrage on these packs, like 5c charge rate or life cycle claims when compaired to other lipos? I haven't been able to find any from Outrage.
This was the reason for my question.
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Just received a 6s 2500 NRG for my t-rex 500. Only had time to put four cycles on it this weekend just hovering to breakin. First 3min flights put 610mah back second 4.5 min flight 910mah and two 5 min circuits around 1000 mah each. Should be easy to get 8 min of easy flying. Battery cool after each flight with very good power, its just 1oz heavier than the xp25.
highspeeddirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update Seven flights now on the 6s 2500 NRG Kicked it into 100% throtle up today for 41/2 min's just banging the sticks and this battery has alot more power than my 2500xp much more head speed and no bog at all. Just warm to the touch right after flight. Put back 1820mah.
highspeeddirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to read some reviews on these packs as well!!
kramerr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 6S 1300mah packs for my G5s, one 2S 2500mah RX pack for the Velocity and 2 3S 2200mah 30C packs that I used when I had a 450 that are now demo packs for others to try at the field. All the flight packs come down barely warm, even after beating them up and the internal resistance is very low, cells very well balanced on voltage. I had one of the local 3D hotshots fly my G5 and he accidentally flew one of my NRG packs to voltage cut out. I put 1225mah back into a 1300mah pack and the battery shows no sign of damage! I still try to stick to the 80% rule, but these packs seem to be tough. It does seem from my experience with them that after the first few flights, you don't want to baby them too much and the power increases for the first 10-15 cycles before you hit the full potential on them. Guys that fly my 3S packs say they have as much if not more power than their Hyperions and are more consistant power throughout the flight.

As far as charge rate, I spoke to one of the guys at HD yesterday and he mentioned that they will be getting in Outrage batteries very soon that are rated at the 5C charge rate. On the current packs, it's probably best to stick to the recommended 2C max charge rate.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems that I have received to faulty NRG packs in a row from my LHS. I can measure the induvidual cell voltages and the overall pack voltage just fine. But, when I connect the battery to my charger, the charger's display reads "No Battery Connected". I have other similar batteries and when connected to the same charger, they charge correctly. What could be wrong ? This problem is getting frustrating, as I have to go through procedure with RMA's, shipping costs, etc.
kramerr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a recent incident much similar to yours with a new Turnigy 6S5000/30C. My charger said "cell port voltage error", so it would not initiate balance charge cycle. One cell was about 200 mV low. I put on another charger, and it charged, but I saw the single cell remain quite low compared to others. I checked to make sure the balance taps were soldered cleanly, and saw no problems. If your individual cell voltages aren't sufficient, the charger knows not to apply a charge. The pack is defective if one cell is significantly below the rest.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently purchasded 2 x 2s 5000mAh as my receiver packs on my 700's. I've never been able to balance them and they sit in the charger for 3 hours before it gives up trying.

Not happy with them at all!

Shop says it's not a problem. I don't get it

Last edited by wimbledon99; 10-08-2010 at 05:41 PM..
wimbledon99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shop has recognised there was an issue with the batteries. I have been sent two replacements and they are faultless

Now very happy
500 ESP - BeastX
wimbledon99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I recently got 2x 3S 2200mAh/35C 5C charging rate, coming from Megapower batteries I'm still to charge this packs above 5A, the fact that this thread still unaswered by any outrage tech makes me uneasy, only have 3 flights with the new packs and no complaints, they seem to have enough punch for my flying ( sport with a loop and a roll here and there) I think charging at 5A would be more than enough, I'll be getting this packs, if convinced, for my 600 T-Rex
Tucky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got 2 of the 2200mah 35c 3s packs for my 450 pro. about 3 cycles on each, due to bad weather here . So far, each charge is seeing lower resistance per cell, so I'm guessing in another 3-4 cycles they should be broken in as best they will be. Seem to have good power and don't get hot even flying them hard from the start.

I also have a 5000mah 6S 35C pack. That pack seems good too. Only a few cycles on that so far, but so far so good.

Sorry I can't offer any long term results.
Scorpion Power Systems/Batteries
Spartan RC
John Cook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have some 5C packs for my trex 250.

Charging at 5C indeed is not good for them. After about 15 cycles the power has noticabley dropped.

They charged in 8 minutes. Doing it at 2 c and they charge in about 20 minutes.. for the difference in time Its not worth the damage it does regardless of the claimed C charge rate.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I still would want to see some numbers on a test pack, a few cycles charged at 5C, I'm still a little concern and are charging my 3S 2200mAh 35C packs at just 5A, sould be around 2.5C or so.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm now officially moving to a full Outrage NRG setup, Still one megapower in the hangar, but it's gonna be ditch soon, I want another 6S and maybe 1 or 2 3S more, I'm planning on getting a second 450 for fuselage, this battery rock, solid performance and fast charge.

Last edited by Tucky; 12-22-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: photo attached

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in