Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flair moves...for lack of a better word

Hello eveyone. I have been enjoying watching the videos and tips in this forum. And I have been putting a lot of effort into developing my skill set. eg learning piro moves ,loops, rolls, hurricanes, funnels all orientations all sorts of that stuff. I still have a way to go. But I was wondering if someone could do a video of those little Flair type moves you see the pro's do. I am not talking about like rolling circles. Just like some tips on how to do those like little half flip half piro type moves you always see pro's doing. That what I am just not getting. I am just not learning those type moves at all. I will go up real high and try just putzing around. But it just looks nothing like what they do. The pro's do these little moves FAST and with a purpose. What inputs should i be experimenting with?
johnpotter82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

morphing transitions. Bert K's favourite moves
Old 12-03-2010, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What part of PA you from?
MXRACERX43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stroudsburg PA. I will look into morphing transitions. But I know what they are. I mean like those just random freestyle moves. I just got phoenix today i was using HELI-X. The physics engine in phoenix is much more styled after modern "crack" flying and its helping alot already.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should come fly with us sometime. 80 to 81 south probably a 45 min drive for ya. I fly with a guy from that area sometimes. Gonna head out his way and fly soon.

Check out the link to our annual heli only funfly I cordinate. Some pics of our field in there.
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t5...ight=tuscarora
MXRACERX43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

a picture tells a thousand words, a video tells a story. must be somewhere on you tube. Is it a tareq move?
Old 12-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

you should start working on snapping your half flips. when done right a half flip can be snapped into position in the blink of an eye. you need a fast tail and quick inputs, but snaps look really cool when done well. if you can do half flips well, then work on trying to do them as fast as possible.

one move you can work on is fly nose forward then do a quick quarter piro (start at 12:00 on the stick and ends at about 3 with left rudder). it will flip you around to inverted with the tail down. moves like that i think is what you have in mind.
RĒzĒ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

stall turns, or half piro flips I'm outta ideas.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing I have seen the pros do that is not that hard but looks really cool, is when they are transitioning to rainbows (left and right on the flight line), or even into backwards flight, is a tail stand. The heli is hovering in front of you at eye level (or lower). Turn it 90 deg. so it is side in, then give a little collective pop, do a quarter back flip, at that point it is standing straight up on it's tail and your looking at it from the side. It looks cool as it stands there for a second. Then you nail full negative and it shoots off to the side. From there you can pull the elevator and go into an inverted hurricane, or push the nose down and start some rainbows.
jlharv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats exactly the kind of stuff im talking about jlharv. and ive been doing what you said too RaZa. I have also been putting lots of piro pitch pumps in my moves to spice things up alittle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in