Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kingphisher:

A few things to mention:

Make sure the grub screws in the tail pulley engages holes in the tail axle!!

The fishbone main gear has quite some vertical slop - so it can self-center. And the pinion-
main gear mesh has to be very close.

Clean the one way bearing of grease and use a thin oil instead - works for me.

If you use a Castle ESC - use a strap besides the screws. The plastic housing cracks easily.

Use plastic servo horns as weak points to spare the servos.

The blue/white canopy isn't very visible up there.

I think most Beam owners have bought the aluminium Anti Rotation Bracket.

I feel like I fly the blade disc around - not so much the heli. It's very responsive - maybe it's
because it's so light. Mine weighs 3.3 kg. including 2 x 6s 3Ah 25/50 nanotech batteries.
And that's not much. The parts may be expensive, but you won't need many. it's quite strong
and has those breakaway parts.

Have fun. After the first flights you'll want the entire world to know how great a heli it is!

Cheers
Erik

Last edited by oy2503; 07-19-2013 at 06:05 AM..
oy2503 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No Worries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Cool, thanks scanner62 I notice you post at RCG too..
Yeah im over there, and others too, things get quiet late night in Oz forums so i hang in the Nth Hem forums as well. I like to seek info from many quarters before i action anything and RCG has some good folk who know whats what and a broad range of interest forums.

Same here too... i can only give what i know and for a newb thats not much...but i DO do my homework before i spend $$ and my statements come from my own experience only (limited as it is) and im by no way any kind of expert, just well versed in what i do discuss due to my research....

Hope you get much enjoyment from your choices too....

Regrads
scanner62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey scanner62. I haven't bought anything yet I'm thinking about waiting for the new compass 6hv ultimate to come out. I been hearing pretty good things about it. In the test stage anyway. I'm also thinking about stretching my atom 500.
panamacitymustang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

PCM~~ thanks for the response, don't know much about either you mentioned myself and read mixed reports of the compass...as far as stretching, not a bad idea if that was the designs original intent otherwise it may just be a compromise...it doesn't suit all models to be done in some cases without lots of upgrading to get the right balance/performance, but either way hope you get a good outcome.

Regards
scanner62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quiet again

I'm just posting because it's dead in here again :-)

So either everyone is flying their Beams and having no problems and nothing to talk about or... I don't know.

Our UK stockist had a sale a while back (maybe still going I'm not sure) and yet I still only know of one other Avantgarde owner in the UK.

My only news is that I got a bit tired of the orange canopy so I have put the original blue one on for a change but haven't flown it yet. My only worry is visibility against the dreary grey skies we often get this time of year but the orange one ends up being quite dark when the light is low so I don't know if it's really any better.

Has anyone seen a blank white one available? I think if I felt like I had a few spare £s lying around I would have one custom painted in mostly a bright yellow or orange-yellow. keep it simple with just a few accents and stripes but have as much of a solid bright colour on the sides as possible.

Oh yeah, the other thing I can add to this post is that I am now running a Kasama Dune on the exact same ESC/motor/servos as the Beam because I want to be able to compare them as closely as possible. The only thing hindering me is the weather :-(
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How come this forum isn't busy

I have not flown mine since the crash. Took it to the field one day and discovered that i had the tail reversed. Did not have a computer with me so took it back home.
I have raptor e700 and x50e keeping me busy for the time being
Aziego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

No not much new in here.

lets hope all just going flying, and having no problem at all

I did recently put some new parts on mine :

New canopy, with brighter colours. - i find it much better when in low-light situations.

New and bigger belt pulley on tail, and new tail-pitch slider :

http://hobbyfly.com/nyt-tilbehoer-40...021-13617.html

The pulley is bigger, so it guides the belt more into tailboom, so it wont hit the boom so much. The new tail slider is also working great, no slup, and it feels more precise
( and it looks much better )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1142-001.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	458300   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1168-001.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	458301   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1150-001.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	458304  
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's interesting about the bigger tail guide pulley. I had thought about the idea of moving the front guide pulleys inward a bit but since I put the Ely.Q belt on mine I have not had the belt slapping noise.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: How come this forum isn't busy

Okay, yes that could be a solution too :-)

What type is the belt you upgrade to?

The beam upgrade belt is urethane, and yellow/orange with steel wire.
It's like the Mikado logo uses.

It's also good, and help on the belt noise against the boom :-)

Sendt fra min GT-I8190N med Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail belt

The belt on mine now is from an Ely.Q Vision 50 Ultimate. A while back while I was waiting on tail parts from AMain I had the Beam belt off and was able to compare it with a few other belts I had and discovered it is the same length and pitch as the Ely.Q belt (I think this might be the same as the Raptor 50 titan or V2 as well).

So I found that I can run the Ely.Q belt a bit looser without the slapping noise and I think it is more pliable, it feels like the drivetrain turns a bit more freely.

https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...4&d=1376926393

Last edited by trillian; 10-18-2013 at 04:17 AM..
Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: How come this forum isn't busy

Okay, that sounds interesting. :-)

It could be an idea that they use a standard belt. So you are probably right, they can share belt.
Think I will take a look at the other brands size.

Thanks for info :-)
Old 10-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Weather

Hey Panamacitymustang, what's the weather like over the winter there?

It's this time of year that our weather starts to turn to shite and flying is few and far between with much frustration about it all.

I have been looking at places I might spend the winter and eventually to move permanently. One place I am checking into is Panama, as in Panama the country :-) I have also thought about Florida but was thinking more of the southern-most bits, Ft Lauderdale or something (and Norwegian airlines is starting direct services to Ft. Lauderdale from London next year pretty cheap :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in