Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, those pre-painted kits have certainly come a long way from when I last saw one

I don't really have high hopes of making my first jet and first twin survive its maiden, so I took the cheap option and used the GWS EDF64 impellers that came with the kit. I just installed two KB20-40-14L brushless motors and 20A ESCs from Hobby City to give it some authority - at least the power system should be reusable in my next jet, as long as I can find the nacelles after touchdown
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
another_finn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know, I couldn't believe the finish on it. I made the guy at the LHS open one up to prove that it was the same as the one on display!

They make a yellow-cowled ME-109 that I'm probably gonna have to build too.

I love an optimist! Are you gonna paint it before you crash it?

I've never done anything with a twin before. Do both motors run off the same speed control? If so, how do you match the motor rpms?
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2008, 04:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwizard View Post
I love an optimist! Are you gonna paint it before you crash it?

I've never done anything with a twin before. Do both motors run off the same speed control? If so, how do you match the motor rpms?
I have separate ESCs embedded in the nacelles, but they're connected to the throttle channel by a Y-lead... I'm thinking I should probably try to run the other one on a separate channel, slaved to throttle and possibly mixed with rudder so I could trim out the inevitable thrust imbalance.

I'm kinda torn about the paint issue... At least I could get some nice photos out of it, but it's a lot of work to waste if I come back from the maiden flight with a bag full of packing material

The real problem is going to be finding about a mile of paved runway... The low thrustline from the underslung nacelles means it will have to be pretty nose heavy, so I'm guessing it's going to come in hot. I could always dump it in tall grass and hope for the best, but I had to build it with landing gear to make sure I can at least get airborne. EDFs don't really have the bite that big props do, so I didn't want to add the risk of a botched hand launch to the already considerable odds stacked against it.
T-Rex 600NP, T-Rex 500 ESP, HDX500 SE V2, HDX450 SE V3, T-Rex/Outrage SE V2, EXI450, T-Rex 250, CopterX/Guru-Z hybrid, HBFP separates, Lama V4, 2 x Walkera 4#3B
Old 07-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mika - It makes me grin just thinking about the 262 roaring down the runway!

I can't get the balancing of the motor thrust out of my head. What a fun challenge! To do it right ya'd have to run seperate throttles. A two throttle Tx, too cool! 'Course I'm not saying I'd be good enough to fly it. It'd be fun to put a second throttle on a Tx and don't connect it to anything, just to freak the guys at the field.

I'll be waiting anxiously for new developements!

You could wait for winter and stuff it into the snow!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #45 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well i'm on my 4th plank now they are getting faster and faster LOL.

Have the P51D from Artech
F4U from Artech
Alfa F-86
And got on monday my Sapac T-45 Composite with 70mm Fan running 4cells doing 100+mph

Ahh forgot how much fun planks were....

Need a bigger house now LOL.
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We seem to share a taste in jets - I've been on the lookout for a nice Hawk to turn into a Finnish Air Force bird. How do you like the Alfa so far? I think my next one is going to be either that or the MiG-15...

It does seem to be even easier to fill the house with planks than helicopters. The kits are so cheap (particularly as I'm doing my own paint jobs on GWS NPS kits) that it's almost necessary to get more than one at a time to bring shipping costs down
Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_finn View Post
... it's almost necessary to get more than one at a time to bring shipping costs down
I have to remember that one!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #48 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The Alfa F-86 is awesome especially when you upgrade the ESC to handle 4 cell, i am running 2x 1450mah 25c 2s in series in it, and its clocking 112mph.

running the same but 2200mah in the Composit Sapac T-45, wow that thing flys like its on rails and knife edge is just rediculous!

if you want i would go straight to the Sapac T-45 Foam which has 64mm brushless Fan instead of 70mm and also can handle 4s..

goto www.readyplanes.com and check out the Sapacs, my next one is the Griffen Its HUGE!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really want a rc jet plane now... Your making me jelous. I know I said I would rather stunt planes but after editing the jets on AFPD and giving them 500 N of thrust I really want one.

I think I will treat myself to an rc jet plane for xmas. A learjet would look nice cming into landing.

What you guys think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-15-EAGLE-JET...3286.m14.l1318

You guys are the experts on rc planes... I don't have the first clue about them... I know thats it's 4 ch which is all you need for a plane... Unless I want retracts or other stuff...

-Jonny
Old 07-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Of course it might be OK, but I haven't seen that plane anywhere outside that ebay shop... which is always a huge red flag. Also it's an RTF kit from an anonymous manufacturer, so you just know it has the cheapest, nastiest electronics that China can produce. If you're going to start with something as demanding as a jet, I would at least get something from a known brand with a lot of positive user comments on forums - RCGroups and Wattflyer are great places to separate the wheat from the chaff. You know what people end up with when they buy a helicopter off the bay without doing their homework first

Why not look into ARFs or receiver ready kits instead? You already have a perfectly good DX6i, so you could just get an AR6100 for $52 delivered from lightflightrc... I bet you could get an Alfa in the air with quality components for not much more than that Chinese toy.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
A learjet would look nice cming into landing.
I knew that reminded me of something... It just took a moment to remember where I'd seen it

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/executive-jet.htm

I think a twin engine EDF is just about the worst thing you could possibly get, though... Just wanted to let you know it's available when you're ready for it.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #52 (permalink)

My HF Map location

dont like the F14 or F15, But F16 and the like yes.

My bro has composit executive jet, its nice but just not my style....

Anyways... Some vids for you guys..

3s Stock Flight Stock Battery Stock Motor Stock ESC

4s Flight Stock motor, upgraded ESC, Stock Motor (1100watts)

Old 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoa D! That is really cool.

Was that a catapult you lanched from in the 2nd vid?!!

I am far too slow to fly something like that! Even if I was fast enough, I wouldn't be able to see it about 2 seconds after it went by me.

How do you get the YouTube vids to work like that? I either get a full screen or have to use the Http.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think that was dierwolf in the vids unless St.maarten has taken a turn for the worst. But i did like the little ramp to lanch it. You gotta stop posting those vids,really makes me want a plank.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ooh, that upgraded version is a real screamer. Don't know if I would even like it that fast... Seems like you'd be piloting a real fast dot in the sky most of the time

What I really love is at least semi-scale looks, so I tend to fly them around scale speed and close enough to see where all the work went. The paint looks too nice to sand off, so I might once again opt for something a little less finished and take it from there. I just wish they'd get this kit back in stock.... That Midnight Hawks idea is kinda growing on me, the more I look at these photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mhvertical_low.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	56175   Click image for larger version

Name:	mh_20040702_2a.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	56176  
Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The black scheme is nice, but could be really bad for you at a distance.... The Sapac Foam isnt painted really its all white foam with some stickers so repainting isnt a issue at all.

As for speed, even 3s is quite fast, but no one says you have to be at full throttle

This weekend i'm going to add some flaps to my P51D, it doesnt really need it but hey i love the look of the flaps when coming in on approach.

Planning on adding them onto the T-45 also but going Flaperon route instead on that one..
Old 07-24-2008, 07:24 AM   #57 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wiz, that P51 you got there, how large is it and what's it made of?

I like that color scheme, may change mine
Old 07-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierWolf View Post
The black scheme is nice, but could be really bad for you at a distance.... The Sapac Foam isnt painted really its all white foam with some stickers so repainting isnt a issue at all.
I hear you... That's the trouble with warbirds - most of them are painted to be difficult to see. That dark sea grey / light sea grey scheme is certainly not something I'd particularly want to fly on a cloudy evening

That's probably one of the reasons I'd also like to do a WWI biplane, from the early days when camouflage was more of a fashion statement

The Alfa Albatros D.V shouldn't be too difficult to pick out from most backgrounds...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18_0301_1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	56181  
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #59 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Dark colors are fine as long as you can tell top from bottom i.e one strip on each wing on top while 2 at bottom for instance...

direction of flight wouldnt be a problem for most people, just it will always be like flying around sunset where its always a siloette (spelling i know, i dumb )

Plenty of sunshine down my end so dark colors arent bad really
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierWolf View Post
Wiz, that P51 you got there, how large is it and what's it made of?

I like that color scheme, may change mine
It's only 1/72 and it's a plastic static kit.

If you'd like I'll post some blow-ups of the color scheme.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in