Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > AHF Aeolus

AHF Aeolus AHF Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Electric conversion ?

Has anyone done a conversion from nitro to electric ?
is there one for sale some where ?
thanks.
I3DM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Electric Aeolus 50 3D

Hello,

Converting a nitro Aeolus doesn't make sense that much, simply because the electric version doesn't cost that much.

I bought my E50 3D (the TT-version) at ahf-europe, but there are several other selling it too.

Just some hints about the electric version:

- I think the pinion in the kit is for 5mm eletric motor shafts? So I remember I purchased the 6mm pinion ..

- I equipped the whole with a Scorpion motor, I guess it was a 530kV version (12s)

- don't try 6s LiPo setup, it's to lazy .. at least 10s LiPo setup for some nice 3D and acceptable fligth time ..

- using 12s LiPo setup, keep the weight low by 3300mAh batteries (or similar)

- when using an AHF FBL-head, this head seems to have lots of play and the swash-plate guidance part (above the swash) is poorly made. The outrage FBL-head is a good alternative ..

- installing a fbl-gyro is pretty unconvenient on the Aeolus, either you cut out the plastic front part where the normal gyro is seated or by using a microbeast install it directly on the frame, e.g close to the Rx (cables are pretty short).

Best Regards from Switzerland,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well i already have the nitro collecting dust so...
I3DM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1 to 1 conversion ..

Hello,

So the best way to convert by use of genuine electric parts AHF is, to print out the electric version manual and to order the specific parts ..

This means the side frames and the whole belt gear parts system. The rest is IMO identical.

Best Regards,
Oliver
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AHF E 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor30_V1 View Post
Hello,

Converting a nitro Aeolus doesn't make sense that much, simply because the electric version doesn't cost that much.

I bought my E50 3D (the TT-version) at ahf-europe, but there are several other selling it too.

Just some hints about the electric version:

- I think the pinion in the kit is for 5mm eletric motor shafts? So I remember I purchased the 6mm pinion ..

- I equipped the whole with a Scorpion motor, I guess it was a 530kV version (12s)

- don't try 6s LiPo setup, it's to lazy .. at least 10s LiPo setup for some nice 3D and acceptable fligth time ..

- using 12s LiPo setup, keep the weight low by 3300mAh batteries (or similar)

- when using an AHF FBL-head, this head seems to have lots of play and the swash-plate guidance part (above the swash) is poorly made. The outrage FBL-head is a good alternative ..

- installing a fbl-gyro is pretty unconvenient on the Aeolus, either you cut out the plastic front part where the normal gyro is seated or by using a microbeast install it directly on the frame, e.g close to the Rx (cables are pretty short).

Best Regards from Switzerland,
Oliver
Hello from Belgium Oliver,

A question abouth that AHF E50.

I'm interested in such a heli kit but I read now on forums that this kit is in big problems by the electric conversion motor adapter unit. It fails by constant front belt stripping. So, that drive belt between engine and motorpinion is constantly broken after some flights. Also that rear belt (tail boom belt) is not that best quality, also broken by some users. It rumoured on forums that AHF has even stopped this E50 version??

I know many rc modellers have different opinions en experiences. How is your experience with that engine belt drive system?? How many flights you have, etc??
Tail belt, same questions.
Look forward to receive your answering.

thanks,
Theo.
rotorduc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E50 reliability

Hello Theo,

I would lie, if I would say, that my E50 has many flies ..

A buddy of mine has an E50 too, first on 6s and later upgraded to 12s Lipo. I guess he might have some 20 plus flights on his machine, but can't remember some problems, including your ones mentionned in the post.

This industries moves that fast, that for a little bit more money there are some alternatives, just in case you still have no faith in the E50. E.g the KDS Innova helicopers look good and are pretty cheap in sales, even Hobbyking sells them now.

I' still convinced, that the belt system of AHF for its E50 is well made, if my E50 should not be reliable, it symply will be used as a spare part-donor for my nitro A50's.

Best Regards and sorry for the late reply,
Oliver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in