Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 500 - Leaning when pitching forward?

I am having an issue with my heli that I have only flown a few times. I have had it for a bit but have only have the chance to fly it 3 times and two out of the 3 it crashed by banking hard to the left. The time it didnt crash i just hovered around a bit.

I just finally fixed it and was playing with it while holding it down to the ground and found that when i start to push the stick up to pitch forward it leans it self to the left quite hard, which happens to be the direction it "dove" both times it crashed. I cant figure what is going on with it and why it would do that.

So far my first CP is not proving to be to fun but i fell like i am just missing something.
Any help someone could give me would be great!
bmw328jc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2016, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sounds like it could be a phasing issue. What head are you using, and what FBL?

Are your servos all moving correctly? Does it respond weirdly with any other input?
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am using the factory align head that came on it. It has a flybar...forgot to mention that. I dont notice any other weird issues going on but maybe that is because this one is limiting my flight abilities.

Since this heli was used when i got it i wonder if something is bent that could be contributing to this. I was thinking about going FBL so do you think this may be a good time to do that to ensure everything on the head is brand new and not to blame?
bmw328jc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
I just finally fixed it and was playing with it while holding it down to the ground and found that when i start to push the stick up to pitch forward it leans it self to the left quite hard, which happens to be the direction it "dove" both times it crashed. I cant figure what is going on with it and why it would do that.
OK, if it has a flybar, then the left lean is not coming from some strange FBL command. Can you explain what you were doing here in more detail? Were you spooling up the heli with it strapped to the ground somehow? If so, don't do that. You can induce ground resonance which will rip your heli apart. Instead, don't spool up the heli (best way to do bench testing is to disconnect any 2 of the motor wires), and make sure that the swashplate moves as expected when you give it cyclic and collective inputs.

As you said, make sure that nothing is bent, or binding. Make sure that all the bearings are smooth. Did you rebuild the heli after you bought it?
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would start by resetting all the mechanical.
technut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2016, 02:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you sure your transmitter is set up for the correct type of swash? It needs to be for a 120 degree Y configuration. This isn't explained in the T-Rex manual, but should be in the manual for your transmitter.

If you're in the correct mode, when you watch the servos (with blades off, and motor disconnected), you should see all three collective servos moving in unison as you move the collective/throttle stick up and down. When you move the aileron/elevator (cyclic) stick you should see the two front servos moving up and down in unison when you move the stick back and forth, or moving in opposite directions when you move the stick left to right. If they're moving some other way, that's what's causing your banking, and it's probably due to the wrong swash type selected in your transmitter.

With a used model, I hope you've stripped it down completely to check that all bolts are tight and loctited. A loose bolt somewhere in the head can also cause strange effects.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in