Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
LOL!! and China and Taiwan are the same country as well don't forget!
When ever these clone type threads come up it's funny how people don't understand this. Whenever I point it out you can hear the sound of crickets.

Helis I've had: Trex 500, Compass 500, MCPX, Nano CPX
bstanley72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes it's funny how prejudiced some people are, "They all got slated eyes!" must be the same.
Saying a part is made in Mexico is the same made in the USA would be a truer statement than, A part made in a communist country versus a free and democratic one. Although I am afraid the old saying "you are what you eat" maybe coming true for us buying all our stuff from China.
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smile

Well,.. 2-1/2 months ago when I knew "JACK" sh*t about RC helis,... seriously... looking back even just a couple of months,... i WAS SOOOO STUPID!!! ...lol..
OK,.. I ordered the "BlitzRCworks Rogue 500 V2" from CHINA... then I JOINED "helifreak", learned a lot and realized that I got sucked into the advertising videos,... and...
Then, after becoming a little "RC heli smart", I bought a 2012 Align T-rex 500E Pro Super Combo kit w/Hughes 500E fuselage.
P.S; The only reason that manufacturing company in Taiwan,.. called "ALIGN", has such good parts and reputation,.. is because before the Align RC Helicopter Manufacturing Company was formed,.. created,.. the factory where it's located at in Taiwan, was a CNC machine parts facility. All the CNC equipment was there ready to be used in a new venture, after the previous company went bankrupt.
RC helicopter parts that are CNC machined,... took the RC hobby world by storm!! ... or should I say by the balls. No one could compete, knowing how much fine CNC machines cost. This edge is what gave Align the market in RC helis.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying.finn View Post
Well,.. 2-1/2 months ago when I knew "JACK" sh*t about RC helis,... seriously... looking back even just a couple of months,... i WAS SOOOO STUPID!!! ...lol..
OK,.. I ordered the "BlitzRCworks Rogue 500 V2" from CHINA... then I JOINED "helifreak", learned a lot and realized that I got sucked into the advertising videos,... and...
Then, after becoming a little "RC heli smart", I bought a 2012 Align T-rex 500E Pro Super Combo kit w/Hughes 500E fuselage.
P.S; The only reason that manufacturing company in Taiwan,.. called "ALIGN", has such good parts and reputation,.. is because before the Align RC Helicopter Manufacturing Company was formed,.. created,.. the factory where it's located at in Taiwan, was a CNC machine parts facility. All the CNC equipment was there ready to be used in a new venture, after the previous company went bankrupt.
RC helicopter parts that are CNC machined,... took the RC hobby world by storm!! ... or should I say by the balls. No one could compete, knowing how much fine CNC machines cost. This edge is what gave Align the market in RC helis.
Align's helicopters were not the best then, and they are still not the best now. Mikado, MSH, SAB, Gaui Beam and Thunder Tiger are all better than Align in performance and quality. Align is, honestly not much better than the top end of the clone market. Align gets by because the Cult of Align buys anything Align puts out, not because they actually offer superior products.

I mean, how long did it take Align to finally address the 450 pro destroying it's tail grip bearings? Oh yeah they never did, a clone manufacturer stepped in and fixed it for them after they ignored the problem for years.

And Align shamelessly clones too (Align did not invent DFC, they stole the idea from someone else)
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Align's helicopters were not the best then, and they are still not the best now. Mikado, MSH, SAB, Gaui Beam and Thunder Tiger are all better than Align in performance and quality. Align is, honestly not much better than the top end of the clone market.
I totally agree,... Mikado, SAB, etc., are totally superior,.. that wasn't even in question or on my mind. I was just meaning "ALIGN" had the best quality of the "SOUTH EAST ASIAN" market,... China, Taiwan, etc.,... as we've been talking about.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That ok Flyin fin, He is where you were.
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
That ok Flyin fin, He is where you were.
"THANK-YOU"...

I managed to do a little bit of thinking during my T-rex 500e Pro build tonight, about some "ROGUE 500" mods.
The T-rex build is at the point now that the next step is ESC setup, and in order to do this, I needed to take the Spektrum AR-9020 back from the Rogue. Not to worry though,.. I went out and bought a brand new Spektrum AR-6210 Rx.
The mod I came up with was this; a "floating" Rx mount. I took a piece of 2mm thick vinyl, 1" x 3" approx.,.. punched out tiestrap mounting holes, and proceeded to try it out. I'm mounting it at the rear inbetween the base of the boom support struts.
Has this been tried before? ... because,.. all the stuff i've read about Rx vibration problems from frame vibration, boom mounted boom vibrations... I'm gonna give it a try.

Already wrapped & mounted the satellite, and am creating the "floating Rx mount" tonight.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Floating Rx mount.... mounted!

Well,... here's the pics showing the floating Rx mount,..... mounted.

No vibration from this location...

Behind & under the belly shot

Now back to the T-rex and ESC setup.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:42 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I have one flying in 2016

A friend of mine binned one of these and I was crazy enough to rescue it.
Has all mismatched cyclic servos a Belt CP 450 motor jammed into it with a custom made motor mount and 440Mhz LRS Ham radio
control:

I fly it every now & then for show.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took it out for a flight in the wind this morning!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12936571_10207773696794864_413098154081177713_n.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	645226  
Old 04-19-2016, 06:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deleted

Last edited by mlp3028; 04-19-2016 at 10:23 PM..
mlp3028 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

You do realize that you're quoting a comment that was made 3.5 years ago, right? And you're going to find a lot of people that agree with his assertion regarding SAB, MSH, and Mikado. (Beam and TT are more debatable). Anyway, regardless of how well founded it is (or not), it's still just an opinion.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Gladius, didn't see the date earlier. I realize there are more opinions than facts and "all" comments should not be taken too seriously.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
black rogue 500, blitzrcworks, efly6ch3, rogue 500 v2, rtf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in