Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeah...strong as in it dont bend fo shiot. That means its got to break + bend at the same time DOH!!!
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 01:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

He nailed the back side on a house and HIT the motor so I guess anything GOES there

This has got to be a heli FIRST if you ask me. I wonder if this is the FIRST Lepton crash ever recorded?

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

First Wall crash...
Old 06-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel bad for the poor guys house. Lepton doesnt crash too well it seems like.
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garland
I feel bad for the poor guys house. Lepton doesnt crash too well it seems like.
Not sure you can blame the Lepton here! He hit the corner of a house right in a bad spot on the heli.

Bob
Old 06-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw one crash at the Hirobo Cup. It went in hard enough that I heard over 30 yards away over the sound of a Raptor 90. The frame survived but the blades, tail boom, and main shaft did not. All in all not bad considering the impact.
Gscott is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 08:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

it's an extremely rigid frame given the machine's overall weight.

remember, the crash forces are proportional to the mass so it's not suprising
that the frame & structure survived well.
z11355 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is off topic..but should have bought a 600
Old 06-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK Nick.... stop hijacking threads with Align ads

The Lepton is a great heli and you cant compare it to a 600 (it's apples and oranges). Sure it appears to have a tail problem (blade size) but nothing that cant be fixed easy. I am sure people will find a few flaws in the 600 over time as nothing is PERFECT.

Anyway, go spam the 600 forum I made for ya

bob
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

you tell'em Bob.....I dont think so Biotch lOL!!
shannimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah yeah, but honestly what was hirobo thinking with that full size pitch slider...flimzy tail fin..and scrawney tail blades...come on hirobo, i know you just getting into this electric biz but dont cut yourself short and ruin your electric sides name.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:15 AM   #32 (permalink)

Im a little bummed. Sure the heli is pretty, we all have come to that conclusion. BUT if it dont fly it aint worth crap!!! I tried the Trex tail blades yesterday, SAME FREE PIRO!!! But mine locks into nose in for some reason so I landed nose in AGAIN!!! this time I cracked the landing gear...I guess they are pretty tough I whacked it hard enough to bend the antena tube mounts. I had the heli looked over by MANY folks and they said it was not a set up issue.

Bummed in Ct.

Jeff
Learn to Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineCH.21
yeah yeah, but honestly what was hirobo thinking with that full size pitch slider...flimzy tail fin..and scrawney tail blades...come on hirobo, i know you just getting into this electric biz but dont cut yourself short and ruin your electric sides name.
And what was Align thinking releasing a heli that the swash separated on. Or how about main gears that don't resemble anything round. Or tail belts that break easily. Perhaps you care to explain why the SE has already had several tail issues that are forcing people to go to 3rd party solutions. Should I go on? The more I think about it the more a 600 size Align heli scares the crap out of me.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you saying the tail won't even hold while hovering? You have another problem then.

BTW. People putting on a sales pitch for anything Align should remove the "what were you thinking from thier vocabulary" especailly when it comes to tail pitch sliders.
SteveL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny Steve LOL!! Hey Jeff I feel your pain brother. Im actually afraid to fly it now. I mean sure I can bring it into a hover but I want to let it rip and there is no way in hell that it can fly like that. You are right though...its not a setup issue just the way it is right now. And the trex blades wont fix the problem
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sent a link to this thread to Jeff Green at MRC. I'm sure he can provide a positive resolution.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott
I sent a link to this thread to Jeff Green at MRC. I'm sure he can provide a positive resolution.
Thanks for doing that. I certainly would like to hear his thoughts since he has been flying and testing for awhile now.

Bob
Old 06-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

Mine will hover fine, and spools up very nice( sounds like a jet), and I can push it around a little...slowly, but as soon as I give it a pitch pump...forget it, it piros. I felt it was a very easy build too. Im paitent, but still bummed.

I will wait for the conclusion.

Another Jeff
Learn to Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineCH.21
And what was Align thinking releasing a heli that the swash separated on. Or how about main gears that don't resemble anything round. Or tail belts that break easily. Perhaps you care to explain why the SE has already had several tail issues that are forcing people to go to 3rd party solutions. Should I go on? The more I think about it the more a 600 size Align heli scares the crap out of me.
Yeah, but this is an engineering problem...at least the trex can perform and even if there is tail problem it can still hold in a punch out. And for the belt, maybe you need help with adjusting your belt tension, Ive never hada problem and neither have any of my buddies. Yeah the swash separated...but that was an easy fix. Not like they need to reevaluate the heli. I'm not trying to get into it on a fourm but honestly the lepton is having problems from the Get-Go.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the T-Rex didn't? Perhaps you need to go back and research the original T-Rex and then come back and speak intelligently. Give me a break. How many revisions before a swash that didn't separate was available? How exactly is this an engineering problem but Align's aren't? It's simply a matter of the included blades being too small for hard 3D. All it takes is a simple review of some of the other T-Rex forums to realize many will say the SE is not capable of hard 3D without a tail upgrade as well. At least with the Lepton it's only the blades and not the entire tail assembly that needs fixed

I haven't even gotten to the motors that separate or the ESC with heatsinks held on with double sided tape.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in